In Need Of Some Help

Mari ju ana

I've actually had several s successful hydro grows then I took a 2 year brake while I built a new home. Well the build is done we are in and settled. Time to grow again.
feeling like a first timer here.
Stupidly i didn't take into consideration that i am no longer on city water. I have well water and a softer system that includes salt. I by passed the filtration system and am treating the straight well water. PH holding at 5.8-6.0. The thing is i have 3 seedlings about a week old that survived the water dilemma i have seedling nutrients in there, I PH down call mag and wilt guard. But my seedlings will not stand up. The leaves are growing nicely but the stems will not hold the leaves up. I do have a ro system on its way. Still have to wait 2 more days for it.
What can i do to save my seedlings?

Karma sent friend,,

IImpossible to tell what the issue is but I will just mention about Overwatering,, just because it is often an issue

WWater is the only requirement for the youngun so is a good place to start,,

CCheers agin friend,, karma to the wee ones

Hi Mari - I think - that you also need air. Most hydro systems have some form of aeration. If your roots are floating in water, you're suffocating them. Drop the water level down. Check out the kratky method and hopefully I'm not steering you off the road. :ciao:

Hi Mari - I think - that you also need air. Most hydro systems have some form of aeration. If your roots are floating in water, you're suffocating them. Drop the water level down. Check out the kratky method and hopefully I'm not steering you off the road. :ciao:
Thanx for the reply. I have air
Hi Mari - I think - that you also need air. Most hydro systems have some form of aeration. If your roots are floating in water, you're suffocating them. Drop the water level down. Check out the kratky method and hopefully I'm not steering you off the road.

Thank you for the reply. I do have aeration in all my buckets. I think more that it's the well water. My ro system coming. The wilt guard has seemed to make a difference.

A photo would help. If you are speaking of a small seedling with only the first round leaves, and then the first set of true leaves only....it isn't unusual to see this. Slightly stretchy ? Leaning over but leaves pointed toward the light?

If that is the case use a couple of crossed sticks to hold them up and increase the light if you can. (lower it maybe?) They will eventually outgrow the "weakling" stage after they get a couple more leaves.

THANKS for all the help...... I got my RO system and did a water change raised the light to 26" above plants. they are 2 weeks old standing tall with the stocks are almost the size of a pencil. they are doing great now. it was all the water. Thank goodness. I have started pinching and trimming will start within the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom