In the Koupe with Pigeons420 - 4 Strains - 2 Auto - 2 Fem - 2015

Start off at a quarter, definitely not a half. Going half on a seedling or small cutting would definitely cause nutrient burn or kill them especially if you're using MG or a richer soil. Keep your PPMs at 100-300 depending on the stage of growth until they're actually able to uptake 1/2 or the full amount. Do a clean flush every other or every 2 nutrient feedings. It's easier to increase nutrients but it is always harder to flush them out. Realistically if you have decent soil you should only have to use clean water for the first 2 weeks or so.

How come it's going to cost you $200 bucks for nutes? Canadian prices more costly for nutes than in the US? I bought the whole basic Advanced Nutrients line from start to finish and it was only ~$170 tops and that stuff is typically more expensive because of their PH Perfect and the name. The stuff you have should last you a few veg cycles and you should only need 2 or 3 more/different types for flowering unless you're slamming them with aroma enhancers and things to make them swell. General Hydroponics has a Go Box Starter Kit that's only 40 bucks and it lasts you entirely through your veg and flower cycle with the added benefit of throwing in some of those key nutrients for size, smell, nutrient uptake, etc. Or their Flora Series Performance Pack has been pretty solid from what I hear, that's what I will be using in my Waterfarm hydro buckets Put your money towards better things like building a cabinet, better or more lights, soil or something. :thumb:

People get caught up on nutrients too much when using soil.

I'd never use nutrients on a seedling period. I was referring half strength once seedling is a established plant.

Of course. I assumed he knew that since he mentioned growing femenized seeds.
Right now I am growing a new strain from seed and it is not feminized so I have grown six to make sure I get good selection of phenotypes after the males. Hopefully that will be enough. Going to save a male to do some breeding too :cool:

Hey pigeons you are having lots of trouble since new fertilizer especially right? Are you shaking it vigorously before using every single time, a couple swings back and forth isnt enough. It makes a huge difference that stuff is not homogeneous...
Try this - get two shot glasses and shake it a little and pour in one, then vigorously and pour in the other. See the difference? If you don't fully mix the solution right at the time of pouring you will not get balanced nutrition for the babies. Do not drink shots.

Is it that challenging to keep it warm? Do you not have insulation? Are you really growing in the coop? Walmart and Canadian tire sells some pretty large electric heaters I don't think it would be a challenge to get one and plug it in. Do you have 220 V? If you do you can get the 3 kW construction heater that will keep my own un-insulated garage warm.
Also while you are there get a big humidifier too.

It is easy and works most of the time. Just make sure you leave growing nodes on each branch near where you cut it. Don't get greedy trying to get the popcorns, keep your strain alive and it will be ready to bloom again in two and a half months :cool:

Your temps can drop to 60 degrees at night, mid 50's is when the shock starts and the growth stops. You don't need a cloner to clone, just a warm place and some indirect light some soil and rooting hormone, cloner is nice but it is a little overkill I think in your situation.

It is easy and works most of the time. Just make sure you leave growing nodes on each branch near where you cut it. Don't get greedy trying to get the popcorns, keep your strain alive and it will be ready to bloom again in two and a half months :cool:

So leave some popcorns on after harvest?

Back
Top Bottom