In The Lab

A question gentlemen. My Jamaican has what appears to be a calcium deficiency, and I'm not certain how to answer that. Ten days ago she got moved under a GROWant480, but obviously this problem has been going on longer than that.

IMG_84744.JPG

IMG_84776.JPG

The color of her leaves made it easy to overlook, and I missed the significance of changes because I'm not looking for deficiencies with the kit.

IMG_84686.JPG

IMG_84705.JPG

She was due for a Transplant drench today, so I made it double strength. Aside from that, is there anything you suggest? She's 26 days into flower, coming up on her first CAT within a week. She's drinking every three days and her next drench will be TransWater.

Well when and if you start the next journal I'm in.... I think I'm going to give the brix a try this year. The plants are too damn beautiful!

Sue,...how big of a pot is she in, how long? Watering every three days in bloom tells me the pot is quite small,..correct?

She's in five gallons Duggan. I grew the last one in five gallons too, without any trouble. She's been in this pot since Dec 7, so just over 50 days.

A question gentlemen. My Jamaican has what appears to be a calcium deficiency, and I'm not certain how to answer that. Ten days ago she got moved under a GROWant480, but obviously this problem has been going on longer than that.

IMG_84744.JPG

IMG_84776.JPG

The color of her leaves made it easy to overlook, and I missed the significance of changes because I'm not looking for deficiencies with the kit.

IMG_84686.JPG

IMG_84705.JPG

She was due for a Transplant drench today, so I made it double strength. Aside from that, is there anything you suggest? She's 26 days into flower, coming up on her first CAT within a week. She's drinking every three days and her next drench will be TransWater.

Not a calcium deficiency...

2 or 3 things can be at play here.

1. Too small of a container
2. Change of lighting.....I've seen this cause problems with LED especially. However, that should straighten itself out in a week or two.
3. both 1 and 2.

Your choice of drench is perfect. Make it a rescue drench.

She's already been drenched with a copious amount of Transplant. I was wondering if the light changes may have contributed. She went from quantum boards to COBs and CFLs and ended up under the GROWant with Osrams. That's a lot of changes, but this started before that last move.

I use 5 gallon pots because I can move them around. It's just me with this garden and 7 gallons of soil for every plant got to be too much. What would you suggest to help me stabilize a five gallon pot so this doesn't repeat? I can't afford to be losing necessary crops, and this one is as necessary as it gets. I'll still get a decent harvest, but I'd prefer to grow them healthy to the end.

Since she just got Trans drenched today and she'll still be wet tomorrow, would it be safe to hit her again in the morning with a rescue drench? Would that be too much Trans? She got about half that amount of Trans today.

I have the exact same thing going on .
Thanks Sue for posting .
I'm gonna write this off to over vegging in a 7 gallon pot . Seems like my soil just ran outta steam . I've doubled up on both drenches , but am resigned to just get thru the next 3 weeks and hope that the next cycle will do better . Live and learn .

Thanks Sue for posting .
I'm gonna write this off to over vegging in a 7 gallon pot . Seems like my soil just ran outta steam . I've doubled up on both drenches , but am resigned to just get thru the next 3 weeks and hope that the next cycle will do better . Live and learn .

This is disheartening to hear Deltatrichs. :hug: I was following the advice to use stronger drenches in veg, particularly the Transplant drenches in an attempt to stop my plants from running out of steam at this point, so I was surprised to see this happen. It wasn't lost on me that here I am again, approaching the CATs with yet another problem child. This is getting wearisome. May I ask, at what point did you notice this starting with your plant?

I did veg this girl longer. I'm not comfortable doubling up Energy drench in flower. Is this helping?

She's already been drenched with a copious amount of Transplant. I was wondering if the light changes may have contributed. She went from quantum boards to COBs and CFLs and ended up under the GROWant with Osrams. That's a lot of changes, but this started before that last move.

I use 5 gallon pots because I can move them around. It's just me with this garden and 7 gallons of soil for every plant got to be too much. What would you suggest to help me stabilize a five gallon pot so this doesn't repeat? I can't afford to be losing necessary crops, and this one is as necessary as it gets. I'll still get a decent harvest, but I'd prefer to grow them healthy to the end.

Since she just got Trans drenched today and she'll still be wet tomorrow, would it be safe to hit her again in the morning with a rescue drench? Would that be too much Trans? She got about half that amount of Trans today.
Yes....that would be too soon. Let it dry out and get back to me in a few days. Light changes and certain types of LED effect uptake of some elements.

Thanks Sue for posting .

This is disheartening to hear Deltatrichs. :hug: I was following the advice to use stronger drenches in veg, particularly the Transplant drenches in an attempt to stop my plants from running out of steam at this point, so I was surprised to see this happen. It wasn't lost on me that here I am again, approaching the CATs with yet another problem child. This is getting wearisome. May I ask, at what point did you notice this starting with your plant?

I did veg this girl longer. I'm not comfortable doubling up Energy drench in flower. Is this helping?

Over vegging in a 7 gallon pot and using a 5 gallon pot have the exact same problems: The soil gets depleted.

I veg in 1 gallon pots and bloom the exact same day I transplant into 7's.....no extended veg. Those who veg in 7's and then want vigorous bloom are going to need a second or third application of Recharge and EWC.....but the smart thing to do is use a larger pot in the first place.

*sigh* I'm beginning to believe that I'm not cut out for this. I think it may be time to pass the supplies off to someone else and stick with hempy. I've been fighting with this system for two years,mand I don't feel any closer to getting it right.

Sorry to take your time up Doc.

Over vegging in a 7 gallon pot and using a 5 gallon pot have the exact same problems: The soil gets depleted.

I veg in 1 gallon pots and bloom the exact same day I transplant into 7's.....no extended veg. Those who veg in 7's and then want vigorous bloom are going to need a second or third application of Recharge and EWC.....but the smart thing to do is use a larger pot in the first place.

Thanks, I was thinking I may need to do that but next time will be using both 10's
and with a shorter Veg (good start = 6 weeks) should get me a little closer :)

Not complaining BTW its looking really good this time, 3RD should be Game, Set, Match :)

Yes , it's starting to make sense ! My fade hit right after the second cat drench.
On the next cycle , I'll flip right after I up pot .

Still have nice produce , just ugly plants . When the fake plant fairy finally arrives , it's gonna be all the more satisfying !

Good morning Delta, Sue and anyone else having problems in bloom.
Everyone has to remember that Doc has always said ..if your using smaller pots in bloom like 5 gal.you must initiate bloom
Right after transplant.Thist way u will have NO issues with plant health deep into bloom. Sue..hat plant was and has been in that pot for too long.Its perfectly ok to use 5's but ya gotta follow Docs lead , and bloom in them right away ok!!
I get away with vegging longer cuz of the big pots i use..period. Sue my advise is to simply follow directions and grow like Doc...especially if your using 5's...ok.
Its not hard....the longer our mature ,fast growing plants are in pots like 5's....the more of a chance to have some issues.Please remember....Doc had never advised an extended veg . in 5 gal. pots and always flips right after transplant.
Posted this from my phone....bahhh!
Have a great day gang!

Yes , it's starting to make sense ! My fade hit right after the second cat drench.
On the next cycle , I'll flip right after I up pot .

Still have nice produce , just ugly plants . When the fake plant fairy finally arrives , it's gonna be all the more satisfying !

I veg in 1's.....and they stay in there quite a while, till I get a serious rootball and/or alternating nodes if from seed.

The same day I transplant from 1's to 7's they go into bloom.

This means I do my Cat Drench on about day 20 to 25.....and they finish on day 70 to 80 in the seven gallon pots.

Vegging for 57 days in a give gallon pot.....or extended vegging in a 7 and the soil is going to be depleted. It's as simple as that.

7 gallons is the MINIMUM size I recommend.

Back
Top Bottom