In The Lab

Yeah, its quite thick as opposed to my older Brix! It looks (and smells) very similar to Transplant, with the same dark color. Maybe they got mixed up at labeling? I could take a pic or two and send em to you to be sure.

I took some pictures today:

As you can see, the latest batch of Brix is indeed darker than some previous batches. Nothing to worry about.

I can assure you that there is no possible way those two got mixed up in labeling!

Great! It’s not allowing me to choose the option to use Canada as a shipping location. How do I go about ordering to a location in Canada? Thanks again!

First send an e-mail using the contact form and tell them your address and what you wish to order. They help you with a suitable payment method. Contact

Yes we have to email and do will send you an invoice. It’s no problem to email but shipping is expensive and slow to cross the border and get here. Mine has been 16 days since it shipped still not here.
Still worth it though ;-)

I'm here because Amy has been raving about the High Brix kit, but as I read about flipping the plants after the first transplant I wonder how this would work with an outside grow with no flipping involved?

Hi In....

It's all about photoperiod! If you're taking plants that are outside and transplanting into larger containers...also outside....don't give it a second thought! No problem, although I'd prefer to see you transplant in early June....not now in the midst of bloom. But it can be done.

The trouble comes in when two different photoperiods are in play. You can't take an indoor plant and put it outdoors without serious problems, unless the sun comes up when the lights go on....

The ideal situation is to look in Farmer's Almanac and decide what day you're going to transplant....and if going from indoors to outdoors make sure to adjust your timers so that the plants are vegged indoors on the same photoperiod they'll have outdoors on the day of transplanting.

Here's an example. Let's say you decide that you're taking indoor plants to outdoors on June 7th, 2018.

Begin civil twilight5:18 a.m. Sunrise5:48 a.m. Sun transit1:02 p.m. Sunset8:16 p.m. End civil twilight8:45 p.m.

You'll want to have your lights come on at 5:48 a.m. the duration of veg. Then, when you transplant, you won't experience photoperiod stress.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks Doc! I grow outside from start to finish during the day, and if I'm growing a photo I keep it under the lights at night until well after March 20th to make sure it knows not to flower. Lower branches show pistils in mid June and the tops in mid July. When would I transplant to the final pot using the High Brix kit so as not to run into the problems that SweetSue was having? Mid June then?

And for autos do you transplant at first pistils?

Woohooo i finally got my second half of bulk doc buds order in. Took 11 weeks with customs hahah. When customs was done looking they sent it to health Canada to have it analyzed. We just cost the government a lot of money for their silliness. At least I wasn’t in a hurry for the GE.
Next time I will order well in advance to give tie government plenty of time to fuck around...

Thanks Doc! I grow outside from start to finish during the day, and if I'm growing a photo I keep it under the lights at night until well after March 20th to make sure it knows not to flower. Lower branches show pistils in mid June and the tops in mid July. When would I transplant to the final pot using the High Brix kit so as not to run into the problems that SweetSue was having? Mid June then?

And for autos do you transplant at first pistils?
What problems are you referring to?

Again, if you're growing under lights make sure your lights turn on the same time as the sun or you will have problems.

Are you using my gear?

What problems are you referring to?

Again, if you're growing under lights make sure your lights turn on the same time as the sun or you will have problems.

Are you using my gear?
I'm not in your gear yet, just doing research. Sue was saying that she thought her kit was running out of steam before her plants were done, possibly because of the length of time they were in the same pot. My plants went from solo cups to 1 gallon to 5 gallon to 7/10 gallon pots, and have been in those for the last 3-4 months or so. And they will stay there through harvest in October-ish. That's over 6 months in the same soil. So I was concerned about being in the HB soil for too long.

I only keep my plants under lights at night in winter and early spring to keep them from flowering, as they start in the dead of winter. Once we're clearly getting longer days after the vernal equinox, they stay outside.

I'm not in your gear yet, just doing research. Sue was saying that she thought her kit was running out of steam before her plants were done, possibly because of the length of time they were in the same pot. My plants went from solo cups to 1 gallon to 5 gallon to 7/10 gallon pots, and have been in those for the last 3-4 months or so. And they will stay there through harvest in October-ish. That's over 6 months in the same soil. So I was concerned about being in the HB soil for too long.

I only keep my plants under lights at night in winter and early spring to keep them from flowering, as they start in the dead of winter. Once we're clearly getting longer days after the vernal equinox, they stay outside.

I recommend MUCH larger pots.

Also, Sue never really followed directions or took advice or basically ever tried to use my gear right. Please don't let her "coach" you at all, she has no working experience in High Brix.

Ask anyone else.....

I recommend MUCH larger pots.
Also, Sue never really followed directions or took advice or basically ever tried to use my gear right. Please don't let her "coach" you at all, she has no working experience in High Brix.
Ask anyone else.....
LOL! Thanks Doc :). I haven't done anything except read her earlier posts. And I can't go with bigger pots because I need to be able to move them in the shed at night after Sept 21 to ensure they get 12 hours of dark. It's never that dark at night here with the street lights and neighbors security lights, patio lights, etc. 10 gallons is the biggest I can carry and wheeling isn't an option. Just the way I have to do it at my house.

:thanks:

Hey everyone, I’ve ordered my kit recently. Read 3000posts here. Trying to study from the beginning to where u guys are at now. Very interesting stuff. Nice people. Good attitudes. And intelligent and informative.

Thanks Doc and thanks to all the members and growers pushing this HB kit further.

If it’s not to much to ask could someone link me the most recent instructions for the kit? And maybe the grow journal that is step by step from seed to harvest ? I’ve been on docs website and seen his Yt videos. Also recall on this thread you guys talk of this journal but failed to find a link.

Thanks and Happy Growing!
-Wrenn

Back
Top Bottom