Inbou's First Time Journal - Rose Bud Variety Pack - Soil - CFL/Fluorescent - Grow

rx7cer

Hey guys XD, this is technically my 3rd grow after false starts and just sorta quitting. My first grow was a stealth PC box, it was going well, but i didn't maintain it, was too busy with school and what not. Decided i would end that one. The Second one I started was back in December, it was going good same stealth pc grow but i planned to move it to a bigger tub, ill show pictures later on. Had to end that one because my landlord said we were moving by January 1st but they decided NOT to move so i wasted 3 perfectly good seeds and 3 or so months of grow time...

Now here is the grow in progress...

What strain is it? Rose Bud (so the seed shop where i bought it from called it, cheapest one)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid - mostly Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flowering
If in Veg... For how long? Was in Veg for 57 days 24/0 went 18/6 for a bit
If in Flower stage... For how long? 4 days 12/12
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Generic potting soil
If soil... What size pot? About 2 1/2 gallons
Size of light? 3 x 15w CFL + 2 x 15w Fluorescent T8
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? n/a
RH of Room/cab? Cab
PH of media or res? n/a
Any Pests ? none so far XD
How often are you watering? Every 3/4 day, I check how dry the soil is
Type and strength of ferts used? None

DSC_08092.jpg

DSC_08082.jpg

Grow Box

once it starts to smell a little ill raise the florescent lights and drop the top so it is somewhat sealed.

DSC_08053.jpg

DSC_06212.jpg

top half with 2 exhaust fans, cover with reflective material this is before i did that.

DSC_06141.jpg

Wanted to make a window but probably going to seal it b/c i never got he zipper down, it keeps falling apart haha

DSC_06271.jpg

Exhaust fan with carbon filter (hope this works XD)

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

Re: Inbou's First Time Journal - Rose Bud Variety Pack - Soil - CFL/Fluorescent - Gro

i was planning on going nutes but currently unemployed and really low on funds, hopping they will go alright with just good old potting soil and water. If anyone knows any free alternative I can use that would be awesome XD. I plan to post here at least once or twice a week or as needed. Hope you guys enjoy the journal XD.

:420:

Re: Inbou's First Time Journal - Rose Bud Variety Pack - Soil - CFL/Fluorescent - Gro

Forgot to mention going to attempt scrog and have a couple fans with Leds on standby to go in that would add a little to light spectrum. In the process of figuring out how to put them in though.

Looks great so far,if you could find a 20-20-20 fert. that is a good all around I found.Some 1s got some laying around I betcha.But a good soil is fine.:popcorn::420:

Thanks, i take that into consideration, when I get some extra flow i look at buying some fert. but i sorta want to spend the money on getting 3 more cfls for my veg room (my old stealth pc grow, ill add some pics in bit). Currently only have 2 plants going and I don't thinks that's enough! Have to prep in case they duds...

You are right in the most important thing 1st is more light power,and flowering
you want the soft wht. (2700)but just go with what you have and build on your lights.

Stealth PC Box (Veg Room)

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_08151.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_08182.jpg

DSC_08211.jpg

Yeah i figured, i am looking at everyones grows and they have so much power! do you think what i currently have will last me?

I am currently running 2x fluorescent softwhite, with the 3x 6700k cfls b.c its all i got, might as well use!

Day 7 (Flowering)

alright i got a update. I topped my plants about 4 days ago, and i am happy to say that I can see 2 new shoots growing on both plants :surf:. The runt (plant #2) shoots are growing pretty fast, faster then plant #1, might be due to fact that it has less leaves. Unfortunately the branches are starting to turn reddish brown :helpsmilie: not too sure what that is, i watered each plant yesterday about 1.5 L each.

ef57d250.jpg

Plant #2 is looking nice and health, more leaves are starting to grow on the main stem and the new shoots after topping are starting to appear, although about half the size of plant #1

265f5d6a.jpg

b5d3a78a.jpg

Also on a positive note! I completly forgot i had 500W halogen work light sitting around:yahoo:.

500W Twin Head Halogen Work Light on Tripod | Canadian Tire

So i dismantled it and rigged her up to my grow box, its pretty damn hot when on so they are pretty high up. I think i might have add some sort plastic cover around the gaps of my box when they further into flowering. I am scared if I close the lid completely down my plants will burn :trance: .

here are some pics of the new set up, moved the florescent to the side

83d4a11c.jpg

here it closed but not completely shut

a60360b4.jpg

a3714af7.jpg

and my make shift pulley system haha

c5bc925c.jpg

okay so i have been reading and just found out the halogens are no good... and could potentially burn my grow room... removing tomorrow, and damn it was so hard to put in all that effort wasted...

Does anyone know if there is a replacement bulb for that type of work light, I can't seem to find anything on it, i think its J-type bulb. Can anyone confirm this. If i can swap in a LED/Fluorescent/CFL replacement my work might not go to waste.

don't have any that I can spare and have no money to buy new one, but on a side note I just got a job and start tomorrow, so come 2 weeks from now going to add a couple more cfls then but for now it just what I have.

how many watts are the cfls u have and how many do u have?// i am also attempting a small cfl grow, i have a 23,27 &42 watt cfls along with a 18in t5 fluroscent......growth is still slow but more noticeable.......

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom