Incorrect light schedule, can it hurt?

fatbuds420

i'm growing autos outdoors, rn temps are 28c, however,
sometimes they drop too low for 1-2 days. is it ok if i bring my seedlings outdoors and use a light 24/7? can a broken light schedule hurt autos?

i just put my seedling in the dirt, i take it in at night. it's 28 during the day, but it drops to 4 degrees at night, it's not really growing season yet but i wanna give it a shot.

for example, in 4 days it's gonna be 12 c peak, and 2c lowest. can i just put them in for like 2 days at 24/7 lights? and then when temps go up bring them out again?

i still take them inside at night even if temps are high, because at night they get pretty low and i'm scared to hurt my little seedling

In your position, I'd not put them under 24/7 light even if they are autos. It is not normal for the plant and it might result in a stunned grow.

Yer saying take inside to 24/7 lights, he recommended 20/4 lights

Nothing to do with the sun outside
what i'm saying is that some day's i might take the plant inside, but there is no way to keep a 20/4 schedule, because i might get one day with low temps, take it in, and then the next day put it out again, and maybe do the same in 4 days again

if you keep changing stuff on it they'll stress and kick in to flower.
nothing anyone else can suggest or offer considering your current approach.

Pulling them in and out is cornfusing them for sure

If it's too cold, get a light, grow indoors

Or

Ultimately it's upto u to decide

this. they need to be indoor or outdoor. leave indoor to bulk them up if you are trying to get them to a size before outdoor transplant. they will need a proper indoor environment, including adequate light.

wait to transplant until temps and light hrs match to what you want. can set them outside a couple hrs a day if you like, but you are primarily growing them indoor at this point.

Wait for the right season. Kind of setting up for failure. I’m sure your exited but what’s the point of killing it. Let it herm out and get some seeds for the spring

this. they need to be indoor or outdoor. leave indoor to bulk them up if you are trying to get them to a size before outdoor transplant. they will need a proper indoor environment, including adequate light.

wait to transplant until temps and light hrs match to what you want. can set them outside a couple hrs a day if you like, but you are primarily growing them indoor at this point.
temps are good, it's just a few days they drop really low. for example, the next 3 days it's about 22-28C, but the 4th and 5th day it's gonna be 10, and at night -1...

would those temps kill them?

Wait for the right season. Kind of setting up for failure. I’m sure your exited but what’s the point of killing it. Let it herm out and get some seeds for the spring
it's the right season most people i know start now, i don't know how they deal with the low temp days tho

Yeah 65 degree farenhiet is recommended. Get some tomatoe water walls. But 0c is pretty cold. Do your buddies have green houses? Run heat tape and use water walls or build a greenhouse would help. Probably just build a little loop house and be sone with it

they shut down completely at about 12c, but won't die off. another 5c lower for any extended period will end them.
it can also slow and stunt growth for a period.

Back
Top Bottom