Increase HPS wattage in flower?

mastergreenerey

Hi guys, i have 4 plants in a 120cmx120cmx200cm tent, currently under 1000w de HPs currently dimmed to 700w. Its a dimlux light with xtreme built in ballast and is fine to dim according to dimlux.Temps are around 26 and as its extremely cold where i am it sometimes goes low as 23 lights on. Lights of i keep temps around 20 sometimes drops to 18 at canopy. Rh normally around 50%. I wanted to increase wattage was wondering when is good time to do it???currently in week 4 flower. Light goes up in 100w increments to 1000w with 1200w overboost.

What are you waiting for, crank that mofo.

I say that not as a smart ass but as encouragement to get your flower cycle on! This is the final push, don’t pump the brakes, but here’s the deal the 4X4 tent is gonna be tough, don’t know if you can keep it cool enough? Hope you’ve got extraction fan big enough to keep temps in range. About 80 82 Fahrenheit is tops for indoors unless using co2

What are you waiting for, crank that mofo.

I say that not as a smart ass but as encouragement to get your flower cycle on! This is the final push, don’t pump the brakes,
Cheers i will turn it up to 800 now.. how high should i go do u think? and how frequent should i increase?

Can you control temps at higher wattages? Reread above post cuz I just edited it.

ive ran 600 in 4X4 but dint know what 1200 hps would do in that space, hps gets toasty.

just be sure to test temps at canopy height or you could light burn the crap out of them, maybe leave tent top unzipped during lights on to help with airflow & temp but you gotta make sure it’s zipped up and lightproof each nite

ive heard others crank a notch each week or two but also as plants grow in nature the flow is spring is birth, summer is peak, fall is death and of course the top of the arc is summer. Who knows? Much like you - I’m just a gardener who is trying to learn!

Can you control temps at higher wattages? Reread above post cuz I just edited it.

ive ran 600 in 4X4 but dint know what 1200 hps would do in that space, hps gets toasty.

just be sure to test temps at canopy height or you could light burn the crap out of them, maybe leave tent top unzipped during lights on to help with airflow & temp but you gotta make sure it’s zipped up and lightproof each nite

ive heard others crank a notch each week or two but also as plants grow in nature the flow is spring is birth, summer is peak, fall is death and of course the top of the arc is summer. Who knows? Much like you - I’m just a gardener who is trying to learn!
Yeah above temps were at 700w so ill keep an eye on temps. And yes i have an 8 inch rvk fan currently extracting the air using a cheap controller turned down to half so i can turn up if necessary i also have a 6 inch rvk unused as i was going to do an intake but it wasnt really needed in the space so i just have a passive intake doing fine keep the 6 inch as a backup. So hoping temps shouldnt be a problem. I think ill turn up every week and then towards end turn back down to mimic the fall. Should i be worried about light stress at all

I have plenty of distance from canopy to light aswel see pic
16071887528034683511125226893583.jpg

Back
Top Bottom