Increasing my odds of female?

blueridgegrow

I have 4 bag-seeds up. They are a few inches tall and have their first true leaves. Is there anything I can do at this point or over the next few weeks to increase my chances of getting female plants? They are currently in a germination station under four 4ft flourescent tubes with a heat mat under the seed tray. It is staying a constant 75 degrees with all 3 vents in the germination station open for air flow/temp regulation.

FYI, this is my second grow with moderate success with my first grow outdoors last year (considering I didn't even sprout seeds until late May). This is my first time growing indoors and am basically using these bag seed as a test run for my first indoor attempt.

Feel free to ask and I will answer any questions I can.

Thank you in advance
BRG

Simple answer: There is nothing you can do. The equivalent question would be asking how a pregnant women can change the sex of the baby before it is born. There are dozens if not hundreds of myths on how to 'change' or increase the chance of getting a female, but it's all in the genetics. I did the same thing as you during this grow, had 4 bag seeds and got three females out of it. My best advice for using bag seed is plant more than you are going to actually have to grow that way you increase your chance of getting all the females you need. Smart thinking on using bag though. I think it's a great way to learn or to do experiments with before a person starts to go and buy some good seeds. What are the wattage and color temp of the tubes?

Back
Top Bottom