Increasing Yield - even possible here?

silloroy

Hi guys,
Im on my first grow, day 12 of Flowering,
and a conversation with an expirienced grower today got me thinking:
Im growing 4 plants in a 60*60*160cm tent - I KNOW ITS NOT IDEAL and next grow ill only do 2.
Im currently growing in 3.34L pots (5 gallons) and the dude said
that i wont get more than 10-15 grams a plant in this 3.34L pots, and gave me
a 15L pot and recommended right now to transplant one of them and THROW AWAY the other 3
he said if ill focus in 1 ill get minimum 200 grams.
I THINK ITS TO LATE IN THIS GROW, What do you guys think?
Am i really gonna get only 10-15 grams a plant?!? :(

BELOW YOU CAN SEE MY ALL MY GROW DETAILS AND PHOTOS FROM TODAY:

First grow, indoor
my setup:
60*60*160 cm HOMEBOX grow tent - I know its small for 4 plants...next time ill grow 2
strains: 2 Skunk#1 feminized, 1 Northern lights feminized, 1 Afgan kush regular
they were growing for 53 days, currently flowering day 7
light: 250 HPS + 65W florecent
grow medium: soil and coco mix
nutes: sensi flowering A+B, B52 and revive - 0.2+0.2+0.1 per litter of water
pest: organic pest control spray once a week
temp: 25-30 (thanks to the AC, in our summer without AC it will get to 35)
how far: 15-25 cm
coco ratio:dont know :\ its a ready mix from the store and it doesnt say on the bag
pot size: 5 galons
ventilation: centrifugal fan ak-100, connected to the COOLTUBE hosting the 250 HPS light + 2 six inch vents
humidity: 50%-60%
watering: every 2-3 days

9402.JPG
12583.JPG
111050.JPG
10443.JPG

Re: INCREASING YIELD - even possible here??

Hi and Welcome. :ciao:

First of all. 3.34 L = 0.882335 US gallons - not 5 gallons

Secondly, this is your first grow and it looks pretty good, just a little clustered ( you may need to do some defoliating on ~day 21 of flower to open up the sites). But on your next grow you can experiment with growing less plants, maybe just one big one and train it out.

I wouldn't be worried if I were you, just keep on growing. :morenutes:

Also, you should make a journal for your plants so people can follow along! :volcano-smiley:

How to Make a Grow Journal

Aloha :surf:

by defoliating you mean lollipoping right? trimming bottom leaves?
do i also trim lower bud sites or just fan leaves? thanks!

I would just clear up some of the fan leaves that are directly blocking some of the lower bud-sites.

But like I said, you shouldn't really do this until around day ~21 or day 22. Usually people do it again around day ~42 ish.

Spend some time reading the following thread for more information on how indoor defoliation can help increase your yield a bit

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

Definitely finish this grow out as is. Change it up for next time.

I am curious about the actual container size. 5Gal is about 19L. I might be way off but I don't think one can fit 4 5Gal/19L containers in a 60cm2 footprint?

/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid
:Namaste:

my mistake with the gallon-Litter translation :)
i was recommended to grow in my 60*60 tent
only 1 plant in a 15L pot instead of 4 plants on a 3.34L pots
i know litters. so ill just stop writing in gallons. probably best for everyone ;) cheers

That "experienced grower" sounds like a total rookie.

He told you to transplant a plant already in flower. And that doing so would give you 3 times more yield then using all 4 plants.

Guys an idiot.

Don't transplant anything. Keep them where they are and ride out the grow as they are in the 3.3L pots.

That "experienced grower" sounds like a total rookie.

He told you to transplant a plant already in flower. And that doing so would give you 3 times more yield then using all 4 plants.

Guys an idiot.

Don't transplant anything. Keep them where they are and ride out the grow as they are in the 3.3L pots.

Definitely agreed, you will obviously get a greater yield growing all 4 as they are now. Throwing away 3 of them will waste all that time, electricity and nutrients you spent growing them! Maybe just keep the bigger buds on and defoliate the lower fan leaves/ branches and small inter-nodes to allow the plant to concentrate on where the product will be.

IM just before watering and i dont know wether to flush them (does it look overnueted??)
or feed regularly:
0.2 per litter - Sensi flowering A+B
0.2 per litter - B52 micro nutes
0.1 per litter - Revive

Looks like perhaps some heat stress or wind burn going on. It's tough for me to decipher color under the HPS which makes it difficult to determine if there is a deficiency or nute burn happening as well. Hopefully a more experienced eye can chime in.

/Obi

1) If the problem affects only the bottom or middle of the plant go to #2. b) If it affects only the top of the plant or the growing tips, skip to #10. If the problem seems to affect the entire plant equally, skip to #6.

2) Leaves are a uniform yellow or light green; leaves die & drop; growth is slow. Leaf margins are not curled-up noticeably. >> Nitrogen(N) deficiency. b) If not, go to #3.

3) Margins of the leaves are turned up, and the tips may be twisted. Leaves are yellowing (and may turn brown), but the veins remain somewhat green. >> Magnesium (Mg) deficiency. b) If not, go to #4.

4) Leaves are browning or yellowing. Yellow, brown, or necrotic (dead) patches, especially around the edges of the leaf, which may be curled. Plant may be too tall. >> Potassium (K) deficiency. b) If not, keep reading.

5) Leaves are dark green or red/purple. Stems and petioles may have purple & red on them. Leaves may turn yellow or curl under. Leaf may drop easily. Growth may be slow and leaves may be small. >> Phosphorus(P) deficiency. b) If not, go to #6.

6) Tips of leaves are yellow, brown, or dead. Plant otherwise looks healthy & green. Stems may be soft >> Over-fertilization (especially N), over-watering, damaged roots, or insufficient soil aeration (use more sand or perlite. Occasionally due to not enough N, P, or K. b) If not, go to #7.

7) Leaves are curled under like a ram's horn, and are dark green, gray, brown, or gold. >> Over-fertilization (too much N). b) If not, go to #8…

8) The plant is wilted, even though the soil is moist. >> Over-fertilization, soggy soil, damaged roots, disease; copper deficiency (very unlikely). b) If not, go to #9.

9) Plants won't flower, even though they get 12 hours of darkness for over 2 weeks. >> The night period is not completely dark. Too much nitrogen. Too much pruning or cloning. b) If not, go to #10...

10) Leaves are yellow or white, but the veins are mostly green. >> Iron (Fe) deficiency. b) If not, go to #11.

11) Leaves are light green or yellow beginning at the base, while the leaf margins remain green. Necrotic spots may be between veins. Leaves are not twisted. >> Manganese (Mn) deficiency. b) If not, #12.

12) Leaves are twisted. Otherwise, pretty much like #11. >> Zinc (Zn) deficiency. b) If not, #13.

13) Leaves twist, then turn brown or die. >> The lights are too close to the plant. Rarely, a Calcium (Ca) or Boron (B) deficiency. b) If not… You may just have a weak plant.

Originally posted by sir grow a lot

Back
Top Bottom