Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

yea, I was referring to tree/bush type. Thanks for clarifying.

Hey bud,
I am glad we are both on the same page now.
With the vert screen, you are opening up the plant to more light and that increase the size of what would have been popcorn. This procedure along with defo really can and should increase yield. I start the defo when I first begin tying it to the screen, only very lightly, I also tuck the fan leaves through the screen to the back of the screen and then only remove them when the node they are attached to has grown secondary leaves to take over there duties as energy producers. When I switch to 12/12 I do a fairly major defo and then 20 to 25 days in flower I do another fairly major defo.
After this the only leaves removed are one that have cover buds.

GR

Hello people when defoliating do the fans you remove during flower come back

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

If you read the first posts and look at the pretty pictures, you might just see your answer.

If you read the first posts and look at the pretty pictures, you might just see your answer.

If you look in the mirror you mite just see a 'richard'..
Give him a break Bman, we're all here for the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Unfortunately many members on the forum have an inability to read, it can become quite frustrating to repeat the same things over and over again...

I know leaves grow RICHARD I was asking are they fan leaves or are they sugar leaves that just grow big RICHARD and you can go back and read it yourself and then you will see that people try to come in and bash your method and say were idiots. I was asking because some nay sayer came and put doubts in my head like I screwed up by taking to many leaves.

And I say this because im trying defole and im kinda freaked to take every fan with a stem over 1 1/2 inch but anyways people try to say im stupid because jorge cervantes says never remove a leaf
Heres my girl now
Did I take to much or couldi take more
420-magazine-mobile438675721.jpg

The point is, based on my experience, and as we have already seen, this grower asking questions has already begun using this method and has not in fact studied the op's.

Sadly, when people are asking the most basic of questions on this topic, when they inevitably fail, they blame it on the method. The very same method they were unwilling to learn about before doing!

So the original post tells me at a certain point in the life cycle it stops producing leafs (indirectly it does not) but im guessing that whoever in formed me that at a certain point they will no longer rejuvenate leafs was just blowing smoke up my butt. Im read tgen re read it again and will just continue doing what it says but let me say I know it gets tiring repeating yourself but the way you go about helping can seriously deter whether someone learns or just shuts down.

Ps. It never did specify whether they stop eventually or not (at a certain point) but thx for the help anyways

I start defoliation when i top my plant and i continue defoliating untill harves, that way i have small planta that yield alot

Sent from my SM-G900H using 420
012ff866038bb26a4b18e94ef7081204.jpg

4666828250e3b683687828544bcda157.jpg

So the original post tells me at a certain point in the life cycle it stops producing leafs (indirectly it does not) but im guessing that whoever in formed me that at a certain point they will no longer rejuvenate leafs was just blowing smoke up my butt. Im read tgen re read it again and will just continue doing what it says but let me say I know it gets tiring repeating yourself but the way you go about helping can seriously deter whether someone learns or just shuts down.

Ps. It never did specify whether they stop eventually or not (at a certain point) but thx for the help anyways

There will always be fan leaves, remove the ones that block light to buds.

Sent from my SM-T377V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Unfortunately many members on the forum have an inability to read, it can become quite frustrating to repeat the same things over and over again...

Well some of us just don't have the time to go back and read 722 posts to get our answer....If everybody just read everything there would be no need for dialog as every answer to every question can be found in the pages of 420 mag. Great no need for a forum to talk and answer questions..share experiences.....it's all right here. IF i spent all my time reading I would have no time to grow......Don't want to answer the question again then DON"T but don't claim I can't read because I ask a question......

If your tired of hearing and answering a question over and over then don't post a response. Or better yet don't start a thread....That simple :love:

Back
Top Bottom