Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

Smart ass.....I can't say that...I don't know you...but what a way to make a new grower feel welcome......no wonder people leave this site and go elsewhere.

The reason I made said post was not because you needed to read 49 pages. It was because you needed to read the ORIGINAL POST, as your answer was there! Had you read said post, which I actually suggest studying, rather than just reading (there is a difference), you wouldn't have even asked the question.

You're being fed the information already. Now you want to be spoon fed?

There is no benefit to fast answers. One does not learn properly without study.

Bassman59, so no pinching the top bud AND defoliating?

Sent from my SM-T377V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

More context needed on your question.

Thanks for the great explanation and knowledge share on this topic. I have finally finished reading from the front to the back, whew, I think I learned more in the past hour than in the past few years getting my hand dirty. I think I am going to give this a shot. You laid out the steps quite well and did a great job at setting a realistic expectation.

One thought I had that I wanted to throw out there. Since this process is somewhat dependent on the strain of the plant would it be worth while setting up a spread sheet to track the results of the various strains? Maybe a new thread where the OP could collect results posted by folks and list them on the first post? Just a thought.

Thanks again for sharing the info, one of the best reads I have seen to date. one week till the clippers come out (day 21). Wish me luck.

I'm glad you've been able to gleem something good out of this. My only wish was/is to help.

I am no longer active in growing. Mom passed, and the medicine was for her. I do not partake myself. Your idea on a personal spreadsheet is a great idea. But I tend to think when including the results of others, accuracy will likely only be general at best because of things like light/lumen, space, air temps, water temps, nutrient use, and all the other variables from grower to grower.

That being said, once a grower goes from beginner to advanced grower, they should probably be creating spreadsheets to detail many of the variables and further increase their knowledge to make each grow higher quality and efficient.

Best wishes on your endeavors.

I thought you said don't defoliation and pinch, bassman59

heh, I pinched and twisted tons! Was there a specific time in your grow you were referring too? That's why I asked for more context.

ahhhh, young padowan. One must twist and bend with a pinch to reach true enlightenment.

It's really called supercropping Askhole420. And yes we also use that as part of this grow method. Supercropping is the art of twisting and bending branches laterally to do a number of things. A.) Open up a canopy for light penetration. B.) Even out the canopy level allowing lights to be lowered and more of the plant gets proper lighting. C.) To train a plant's main branches to go outwards, making offshoots reach up, and in turn become mains as well.

Look up supercropping and you'll see how it works.

Gotcha, so what is this pinching u speak of then? I remember seeing something in the forums that pinching main stems will trick the plant into throwing more nutrients to that branch to 'repair' the damage thus creating bigger fruit.
Supercropping isn't for me, just yet. LoL!

I'll be implementing this in a no till closet grow
Due to me getting tired of scrogging
And with no till all the defoiilated leaves go back to mulch
Win win
Peace

this is only 4 days after the last trim

MG32c_WQ_s_72.jpg
MG32c_WQ_t_72.jpg

10 minutes laater

MG32c_WQ_s_72d.jpg
MG32c_WQ_t_72d.jpg

I may top all 5 branches and have a ton of shoots for a scrog, not sure yet

MG32c_WQ_s_72d2.jpg

Would love to see some pics about a month or so after those. They had to look pretty awesome.

Would love to see some pics about a month or so after those. They had to look pretty awesome.

never ended up scrogging her, and flipped to soon before all the inner branches stretched a bit.
still yielded 1.25oz

here she is at 7 weeks
MG32c_WQ_s_w_7.jpg

and 8 weeks
MG32c_WQ_s_w_8a.jpg

MG32c_WQ_b9hv_16.jpg
MG32c_WQ_b9hv_14r.jpg
MG32c_WQ_b9hv_15r.jpg

Just wanted to give a report.

Stacked 315W CMH, vertical with screens, 5 plants, coco with drip, in two gallon smart pots.
24.5 zips of smokable buds off 4 plants, the 5th plant went in to making Cannabis Oil.
Also got 6 oz of shake, 4.5 oz of buds that were not worth trimming. So all in all 35 oz's off 630W of light.
1.1 G/W of smokable buds and 1.55 G/W overall.
I added 4 oz of my smokable buds to the 10.5 oz of shake and untrimmed buds and made 45 grams of Cannabis Oil. I will be making 25 or so more grams of oil with some of the remaining buds so I can get enough CO to get me through this one 90 day protocol.
Very pleased with the grow, quantity and quality. I will continue to grow in this manner my next grow.

20170813_115537_2_.jpg
20170813_155248_2_.jpg
20170812_165302_2_.jpg

Nine rows of buds drying.
20170813_211219_2_.jpg

My helper just working along.
20170812_105821.jpg

GR

I think he's referring to your finished product HH.

It's pretty obvious to me you didn't go for the full program hi yield, and went to flower early. So I can't call that huge success obviously, but I won't call it a failure either.

Don't forget, the idea is to get light everywhere for bigger flowers. So if one doesn't have enough light for the grow, the result will not be as good. But that's true to a degree with any type grow also.
We've all seen those big 6 foot WIDE 8 foot tall outdoor Cali plants. They yield huge because of the amount of sun that DOES penetrate, where as lights don't.

I highly suggest understanding the light depth charts, then maximize your grow matching the penetration of the light(s) you use. It may take a little practice learning when to flip when starting this technique in veg. But I found 10-12oz yields per plant fairly easily.

I like the training you're doing in the current pics above. Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom