Incredible Bulk, DWC, Rock Nutrients

OK so we are looking much better at the end of week 10... Stripped the roots back again and washed everything down.. again...

Roots are shooting new growth which is good to see. Ill keep the grow going with H202 every 2 days, dont want to risk the shit coming back again... Also have taped up all possible leaks in the pots.
Will see how we turnout....

IMG_7526.JPGIMG_7530.JPGIMG_7534.JPG
IMG_7529.JPG

On another note i took cuttings today, 11 in total.. Also Creme Caramel & Lemon Haze coming along nicely.. will add some pics in the Creme journal.

Hey guys just a quick update, no photos this time will grab some next week.

Plants are going well, new root systems are forming, slow growth which is expected but seeing the leafs prop back up starting to turn green again, lucky considering they looked yellow and almost dead just a week ago. suprisingly the plants are still growing new nodes and hight at a decent rate...

Will keep up the H202 for another week, in the long run im looking at using Shark or a simular product to stop the algae returning.

On another note clones are going well, 14 after transpanting i ended up with some extra.. dont usualy take clones at this stage but figured since plnats were struggling..
Also the Lemon Haze seeding is progressing nicely.

New DWC pots I knocked up will have some new friends soon enough... may have to knock up a few extra :cool:

1.jpgIMG_7523.JPGIMG_7524.JPG

Ok guys had some free time so heres some photos and the full details..

On week 12 now of the grow/nightmare, so i figured out these NWS oxypots are shit... after doing some light testing even after i thought i had sealed everything i found more light leaks in the pots design, wouldnt recommend them after forking out $200 for 4 pots, now i regret moving away from my old homemade system.. so anyway i duct taped the shit out of these crappy DWC pots, even covered the net tops... and it seems to have stopped my problem progressing...

I have been monitoring the PH and EC daily, pots are stable at 5.6 to 5.7 PH.
EC is very low about 200-300PPM, new stable roots have established and all seems to be healthy... using peroxide every 2-3 days and started a course of "defuse" which is the nutrient conditioner the hydro store recommended for recovery..
Feel like i should have killed the grow and started fresh but im glad i nutted out the main problem with my setup...

As for my little Creme Caramel who looked so sweet 2 weeks ago, its now almost dead... Algae started in that pot due to the light leaks.. only reason ive kept it going is theirs fresh roots starting even being such a young plant, will be interested to see if it recovers.

OK so lastly I funded a fun little project im starting tomorrow, building a new RDWC system.. off to the hardware and hydroponics stores in the morning. will post a thread of my build at some stage and keep you guys updated..

IMG_7764.JPGIMG_7769.JPGIMG_7771.JPG

Week 13 checkup, we seem to be almost brown algae free :yummy: Roots look healthy... Plants are defficient due to reducing feed while treating with peroxide... will slowley increase the nutes this week.

IMG_7947.JPGIMG_7948.JPG

Getting over this grow, just want to turn them asap and start with my new RDWC system just finished..

Anyone interested i posted a little write up here: DIY 6 pot RDWC system under $200

IMG_7969.JPGIMG_7973.JPGIMG_7973.JPG

Checking the pots again today i noticed a bunch of dead roots and gunk that had turned from brown to white pasted all over the base of each pot, assume thats the peroxide doing its trick on whats left of the root rot.. PH moved a little up, EC had dropped slightly also which is a good sign...
Decided to change the water and flush everything again only 1.5 days from last change...

Now after visiting the Hydro store on Tuesday and discussing my issues and a nutrient change i ended up walking out with Green Planets 3 part nutrient system, Grow, Bloom, Micro.. I had my eye set on Advanced Nutrients 3 part system under the same name... But the guy at the hydro store tells me Green Planet licence from Advanced Nutrients and its the same product $10 cheaper per bottle and without the synthetic dyes?. not sure if anyone can confirm this or have feedback on the product?

IMG_8004.JPG

Regardless i was not impressed with Rocks Fusion crap, have grown with Rock for a while and had good crops with there products, but figured i would give Green planet a shot.

Anyway fresh tanks, new nutrients and hopefully no more issues... Also moved lighting, both LED's are directly above the plants, HPS is now sitting on a angle in the corner of the tent.
They are starting to grow at a much quicker rate now, the new nute system + some tonics i added should give them a good boost and address the deficiencies.
After everything settles ill give them a trim also, cut back some of that dead leaf.

IMG_8006.JPGIMG_8009.JPG

This one seems to be bouncing back the fastest

IMG_8010.JPGIMG_8011.JPG

Little Lemon Haze is coming along in its temporary DWC pot, needed some food being comfortable in its new system for a few days i gave it some of the Green Planet at 200ppm, 5.8ph.
Will transfer to the new RDWC system when my mate comes to help move everything to the tent.
Tested the system for 24 hours last night, no leaks or issues.. cant wait to get it up nd running for the next grows.

IMG_7998.JPGIMG_7971.JPG

Fingers crossed i have no for issues with the Incredible Bulk!

ok time for a propper update :yummy:

Didnt think we would make it this far, but they say never give up!. :thumb:

2 weeks no peroxide treatments, new GP3 feed sitting at 700PPM and the plants are loving it, feel like the mirco in GP3 has really helped keep everything stable.
In the last week the plants have been drinking around 10L per day, keeping me busy checking and adjusting regularly.
Leafs are telling me they have some new deficiencies, from what i can tell calcium and possibly iron, didnt have time tonight but will add some supliments tomorrow.

You will probably notice the LED light burn and a few leafs wheeping the the pics... as my luck would go... walked into the shed today and thought it felt a little warmer than usual...
Turns out the top support pole for my tent slipped out, lights dropped down almost on top of the plants, duct for extracting the heat from my HPS also dropped.. when i opened the tent moisture was dripping from the walls with some very sad looking plants inside.
So with the weather getting warmer here and the plants doubling in hight i decided to remove the HPS setup, the 2 x 1000w LED's have more than enough output.

IMG_9216.JPGIMG_9217.JPGIMG_9218.JPGIMG_9219.JPGIMG_9224.JPG

So over all, at WEEK 15 we are stable and seeing some good new growth, should be in flower by now but meh, shit happens..
tomorrow with address the suppliments, trim back the spud branch shoots and tie down ready to start flower in around 2-3 weeks im thinking.. will keep you updated on how we go into flower, then after harvest... time to test the new RDWC system.
Anyway guys hope you enjoyed the journey of great uncertainty with this grow! :Namaste:

-

Oh and almost forgot, Lemon Haze wasnt dropping its roots with top feeding, so i carefully dug into the pot.. even with top feeding the roots were stubbourn, they started growing sideways through the Hydroton.. anyway gave them a helping hand through the pot net into feeding goodness! Will keep her in the DWC until the Incredibles harvested... i think.. just not sure i want to have mixed strains in the RDWC... as i have more Incredible cuttings ready to go also...
Anyway food for thought and conversation!.
peace.. :hippy:

IMG_9227.JPGIMG_9228.JPG

Hey man I hope all is good. Love the green planet it’s great shit. So far I’ve been running it for 7 to 8 months now for veg and flower with no regrets. I run the hydro fuel 2 part with a fortifier and have great results.
Flower mix
Veg mix.
Pulling up a seat to watch if you don’t mind
Enjoy. I will get caught up shortly.

Hey mate, hope your well also, doing good myself..
Had some good advice from yourself and others helping along the way,
we almost lost the crop at one stage to rot, but bounced back nicely..

Still on the DWC pods currently, next grow in about 3-4 weeks will be installing the 6 pot RDWC system i built (only 4 pots in the photo, have expanded haha)

IMG_7968.JPG

Had always used rock from a mates suggestion, but man this GP3 is great stuff, love the micro.. was recommended by the boys at the hydro store, been using it for about 2 months and very impressed with the product... good to know your also using it.

IMG_8004.JPG

Also have been using Rock's supercharge and Resinator along side as i had lots left.. happy with how they are going... have to try the hydro fuel & fortifier thanks for the tip :thumb:

Why don't you link the build of your system to this thread?
Have attached it to my signature, just i was mid grow with my existing DWC setup.
Will need to clean the tent out before installing the RDWC setup... next thread i will

OK peeps... just a update on the brown algae situation.. after 1 week using peroxide in my tank we seem to have it almost under control... roots are booming and plants showing signs of bouncing back to full health, check the photos attached below.

will continue peroxide treatment next week and keep you guys updated, also have a UV light in DWC tanks to kill any spores before they attach to the roots

IMG_6917.JPGIMG_6920.JPGIMG_6921.JPGIMG_6926.JPGIMG_6928.JPGIMG_6929.JPGIMG_6930.JPGIMG_6931.JPGIMG_6932.JPG

Hey! I'm just stumbling on your journal and making my way thru your read ...but your water level looks WAYY too high to me in these pics? . I'll bet they were drowned? Sorry I'm late to the party ..just making my way thru your journal ...great read so far :)
Water level should be like 2 inches below baskets and slightly mist the basket with aerated mist/ bubbles .. Were your baskets submerged ? Or at least it looks like that to me in the pic ? I'm medicated :Namaste:

Anyway can't wait to scroll back and see how this plays out :)
Edited
Caught up .nice work ! Don't mind me , dab and type :ganjamon: :thumb:

Hey! I'm just stumbling on your journal and making my way thru your read ...but your water level looks WAYY too high to me in these pics? . I'll bet they were drowned? Sorry I'm late to the party ..just making my way thru your journal ...great read so far :)
Water level should be like 2 inches below baskets and slightly mist the basket with aerated mist/ bubbles .. Were your baskets submerged ? Or at least it looks like that to me in the pic ? I'm medicated :Namaste:

Anyway can't wait to scroll back and see how this plays out :)
Edited
Caught up .nice work ! Don't mind me , dab and type :ganjamon: :thumb:
Yeah learnt a few things this grow, but thanks mate apprecitate everyones input, had great advice with the issues i ran into..

haha like your style mate, and yes hoping to have a good yeild.. few weeks to go yet.
wish i could post videos on here, got a great one of all the juicy heads

Hey mate, hope your well also, doing good myself..
Had some good advice from yourself and others helping along the way,
we almost lost the crop at one stage to rot, but bounced back nicely..

Still on the DWC pods currently, next grow in about 3-4 weeks will be installing the 6 pot RDWC system i built (only 4 pots in the photo, have expanded haha)

IMG_7968.JPG

Had always used rock from a mates suggestion, but man this GP3 is great stuff, love the micro.. was recommended by the boys at the hydro store, been using it for about 2 months and very impressed with the product... good to know your also using it.

IMG_8004.JPG

Also have been using Rock's supercharge and Resinator along side as i had lots left.. happy with how they are going... have to try the hydro fuel & fortifier thanks for the tip :thumb:
Hey man ya I’ve tried a few of their products and many others along they way. I have a bottle of Resinator sitting for 6 months now. To b honest I myself have seen very little difference in the end result. Concentrate or flower not enough of a difference for my to continue using them on my end. Maybe others have had different results but for me in all my Hydro setups and soil plants just the basics. However I do use powder fortifiers and I will try Green planets on as soon as I can get my head and nose around the stink lol. I’m literally nervous about adding to my system in fear of my entire house will smell like it.
I use the stuff on top no smell same mix great results. The Green planet is half the price but it stinks even in this little package lol. Give it a sniff when your in the shop lmao. Enjoy man.

Back
Top Bottom