Independent CBD strain reviews

Doninvt

420 Member
Like many others last year I dabbled by germinating about 300 CBD seeds. Seeds were of many popular name, feminized strains purchased online. Have advantage of a 8500 SF indoor grow area and a sophisticated, large scale, processor nearby. Upon flowering discovered many plants were male. Of the balance tested at maturity none had any significant CBD. Was an expensive lesson and lots of wasted time.

Discussing with the processor learned my experience was not unique. However a handful of growers had reasonable luck. The bulk of biomass from the largest and purported, most experienced grower consistently checked as 10%-11%. Yet the owner and seller of this patented strain claims 20% CBD content in their advertisement. On the flip side a small, discreet grower submitted several 100 lbs of bio mass that delivered a true 20% CBD content. So far, justifiably, that successful grower has been reluctant to share their strain and seed vendor.

Seems I've spend endless hours online searching for ACCURATE, unbiased strain reviews from the 2019 season. Do any exist? I'm prepared to purchase 5000 seeds, but not without independent lab testing of last year's yield.

I can understand your frustration. PSI Labs has a "results" page where they publish the test results that customers have allowed to be public. I got curious about a strain called "CBD Nordle" and checked to see if that lab had any results listed. Yes - and one of them shows .01% CBD & .01% CBDa and 21.97% THCa, lol.

Might be better off to grow any random "hemp" class strain and then do an extraction to get the percentages up in the final product :rolleyes: .

I can understand your frustration. PSI Labs has a "results" page where they publish the test results that customers have allowed to be public. I got curious about a strain called "CBD Nordle" and checked to see if that lab had any results listed. Yes - and one of them shows .01% CBD & .01% CBDa and 21.97% THCa, lol.

Might be better off to grow any random "hemp" class strain and then do an extraction to get the percentages up in the final product :rolleyes: .

Thanks for the reply. My processor advises it costs as much to process low yield as high yield. That anything with 8% or less is not viable. Even at 15% the current return on overhead and labor is not attractive. Think it wise to throw in the towel for this season. Best to stand by and see how the industry shakes out.

I am currently in the process of germinating some CBD seeds that were produced by Equilibrium Genetics. I am hopeful that their reputation and overall great reviews will help me produce some great CBD plants. I need to find something I can grow in my small and humble backyard so that I can produce my own high % CBD meds. I was in the process of purchasing a lot of CBD seeds from various online vendors but I decided I should just focus on the seeds I already have. Unfortunately, as you have mentioned it seems to be a lot of inflated information out there when the yields were actually tested. This has given me a bit of a reserved perspective on whether I should trust what I am seeing on all these seed bank sites.

Back
Top Bottom