Indica HPA Aeroponic Grow Experiment 2020

If i remember correctly thats about the same ppm range i was at during my last HPa grow
Awesome i looked at your past journal and its nice to see another grower doing it HPA aeroponic, i be sure to keep an eye on your new grow. I might learn a few things from your experience.

Roots seems healthy, seems like it will pile at the bottom of the tote thought, they had 14 in height.

Warlock roots are now just piling up.
20200318_121546.jpg

Tangerine Dream roots are also pretty long
20200318_121645.jpg

Purple Bud also reached the bottom.
20200318_121756.jpg

Overall healthy look, some slight yellow spot can be noticed at random spot on some leaves.
20200318_121843.jpg

Yeah i feel like no matter what you do, the roots will always eventually collect on the bottom of the totes/chambers. Ive seen people use screens and or trim the roots but they're just prolonging the inevitable.....Unless your using a 55 gallon drum lol. You can try to control it by shortening your on cycle, if your able to. They're looking good though! they're about to take off

Yeah i feel like no matter what you do, the roots will always eventually collect on the bottom of the totes/chambers. Ive seen people use screens and or trim the roots but they're just prolonging the inevitable.....Unless your using a 55 gallon drum lol. You can try to control it by shortening your on cycle, if your able to. They're looking good though! they're about to take off
I cant really shorten the on cycle anymore i am at 2 sec on 4 min off, my timer work only by 1 second increment and i feel that 1 sec spray would be too short. They have 14 in. for root to grow which is not horrible but still not long enaugh.
Today i topped my Warlock and Tangerine Dream after the 5th node im going to try growing SCROG since i have all that room.

I cant really shorten the on cycle anymore i am at 2 sec on 4 min off, my timer work only by 1 second increment and i feel that 1 sec spray would be too short. They have 14 in. for root to grow which is not horrible but still not long enaugh.
Today i topped my Warlock and Tangerine Dream after the 5th node im going to try growing SCROG since i have all that room.

True It might be a little short. ive never used a pressurized accumulator tank so i haven't been able to test the "one second " waters myself, but technically your setup should be supplying full pressure to your nozzles almost instantaneously right? I think if you drastically lowered the off times with a 1 second on time, you'll be alright. I remember reading up on two separate grows many years ago, both with an almost identical setup as yours & they had 1 second on times & they changed the off times as the plants grew. I wish i could find the logs

True It might be a little short. ive never used a pressurized accumulator tank so i haven't been able to test the "one second " waters myself, but technically your setup should be supplying full pressure to your nozzles almost instantaneously right? I think if you drastically lowered the off times with a 1 second on time, you'll be alright. I remember reading up on two separate grows many years ago, both with an almost identical setup as yours & they had 1 second on times & they changed the off times as the plants grew. I wish i could find the logs

Hey you never know, it might be worth testing, i wait when i have mother plant establish and i run on clone to make it less risky.
I use anti drip nozzle which helps to avoid losing too much water in the line so when the solenoid opens i get almost the whole 2 sec of spray, but there is quiet a lenght of tubing between the solenoid and all the nozzle in each tote and there is a noticable pressure drops which ends up reducing the water spray.
I think an ideal system to have short 1 sec cycle would need each nozzle to be on a solenoid and than activate all the solenoid, but the cost would be great, im using 6 nozzle per tote with 5 tote.
I ordered some plug today as 2 tote have no plant in atm and still spray fertilizer, i will plug the nozzles ports until next grow, should help me save water and fertilizer.

Always good to keep a few plugs around!
& yes i remember thats how they had the grows set up, one guy had his solenoids connected in between the 3/8" backbone and the beginning of each tote; the other guy had solenoids, like you said, on every single nozzle lol it looked overkill and id be a little scared to keep all those lines pressurized. Even keeping the backbone pressurized sounds scarey to me haha Could you imagine coming home from work only to find out that a line busted & now your grow room is filled with water and all the plants are dead LOL that would be horrible !!!

With that being said, they were successfully using 1 second on times though

Always good to keep a few plugs around!
& yes i remember thats how they had the grows set up, one guy had his solenoids connected in between the 3/8" backbone and the beginning of each tote; the other guy had solenoids, like you said, on every single nozzle lol it looked overkill and id be a little scared to keep all those lines pressurized. Even keeping the backbone pressurized sounds scarey to me haha Could you imagine coming home from work only to find out that a line busted & now your grow room is filled with water and all the plants are dead LOL that would be horrible !!!

With that being said, they were successfully using 1 second on times though

Yeah i actually started looking for cheap solenoid that can whistand 150 psi and found a few on aliexpress for 5$ each, might be worth changing my nozzle placement and use solenoid on all nozzle, but for a futur growth, the water usage is pretty high already i find, 45 Gal of water and nute mix last 7 days with 2 sec on 4 min off, if i could drop to 1 sec would make a nice differance.
Yeah i have been worried something like that happen or my 2nd 55 Gallon drop collapse on the garage floor while full of water..., one of my fear is losing power in the winter for a few days in the garage as the gas furnace would stop working.

Today i tested the humidifier i build for the tent as i live in a very dry climate, im still waiting for a relay but the concept seems to work.

The 10 ultrasonic heads on floats
20200321_130426.jpg

Mist in the drum.
20200321_131028.jpg

The ducting layout.
20200321_131326.jpg

Lots of mist come out of the duct.
20200321_130823.jpg

The plants looking good
20200321_175118.jpg

Made some change today, added a white plastic to reduce heat the tote will get from the lights.
Also finished the control of the humidifier, it works really well but i seem to have a problem where mist condensate in the inline motor casing where the impaler are and water drips out by the seal. I monitor, might add a small drain if water always accumulate there.

Roots seems to have some yellow area in the middle, not too sure yet.
20200322_140714.jpg

Ready for SCROG

20200322_190247.jpg

The mistking timer i use to control my humidifier system
20200322_190451.jpg

The mistking module i modified control this relay which turn on and off the ultrasonic heads in the 55 gallon drum.
20200322_190424.jpg

Is that leaf septoria? Or it also kinda looks like thrip damage
I looked with a small microscope and it doesnt look like thrip as i dont see any insect, could be leap septoria but im not sure. Im pretty sure its a fungus so im hoping the peroxide might help.

You checked all the undersides of the most affected leaves? What are they saying on the other thread?
Have you read this?
Yeah i did and didnt find any critter, other tread is very similar, possible fungus check for critter.
Yeah i took a look at it, it could be im not sure, not sure if i should take off all affected leaves of a plant in early vegetative stage.

Back
Top Bottom