Indica HPA Aeroponic Grow Experiment 2020

Was pruning old leaves when i stumbled on this guy, biggest leave i have seen so far.
20200515_200102.jpg

End of week 4 of flowering, i noticed that the purple bud grows a lot taller and uneven than the 2 other but is having a nice lush green.
The tangerine dream is quiet yellow, i have increased the EC but it think whats yellow will stay yellow now.
Warlock is doing good but all the leaves including top cola have the tip of the leaves yellow slightly burned, but just the tip.
Roots all look good except tangerine dream whos roots are slightly more brown.
Warlock
20200530_110717.jpg

Tangerine dream
20200530_110815.jpg

Purple bud
20200530_110942.jpg

20200530_111041.jpg

20200530_111227.jpg

20200530_111344.jpg

Im starting to wonder if wind stress can increase trichone production, i have 2 fan that are almost inside my purple bud and putting lots of wind stress on the plant, the area getting constant wind have pretty damaged leaves but the flower are full of trichones, even the popcorn completely under the plant is full of trichones, the tangerine dream with not much wind stress has almost zero trichones on the popcorn at the bottom.
Purple bud
20200618_090034.jpg

Tangerine dream
20200618_090100.jpg

Look at all these trichones.
20200618_090247.jpg

It seems that my tangerine have developed root rot or so i believe, plant is stull growing but there is a brown mushy layer on the top of my roots and where the roots were on side wall but the middle looks mostly while.
20200618_131025.jpg

20200619_190234.jpg

The warlock and purple bud seems to be fine thought.
20200618_131213.jpg

20200618_131303.jpg

It also seems i am slightly over feeding my plants, i am at 800 tds and my runoff is at 1010 tds, the warlock has slightly burned leave and edge while the purple bud has turned to a darker green without burning, this let me to believe that purple bud can take a stronger feeding.

I will change my res today, will drop the EC from 1.6 to 1.4

I also increased the water time from 2 sec every 5 min to 2 sec every 4 min as they are pretty big now.

Finished putting together my first light as well, looks promising.
20200619_150711.jpg

20200619_173407.jpg

First of I ain't an expert so take what I say with caution. I'm using Emerald Harvest nutes as well but I'm growing in large but shallow pots in Hydroton. I can't seem to get my nutes up over 550ppm, 500-550 seems to be where they like it. "They" are Crop King White Widow fems.
My current crop is so far the best ever for me (4th week of flower) this is also the first crop where I have the additional supplements (Emerald Goddess, King Kola and Honey Crome). Oh yea I do not add the suppliments to the res (I'm too cheap I guess) I mix a batch daily and top feed every 4 hours when the lights are on.

The root rot? hmm my first thought was do you do an occasional flush? could it be nute buildup... I hope so that would be terrible on such a nice crop. Any time I suspected root rot I give it a double dose of H2O2 the day before a res change again I remind you I am no expert. Ive been using more enzymes now and haven't used any H2O2 since upping them. My current enzyme is Enzymes Komplete, this product is certainly noticeable in your res as it foams up a bit. I did a res change yesterday and for the first time I didn't even bother to take my lines off for cleaning as they have been mint every time since I've been using these enzymes. My old clay balls are cleaner as well.

I absolutely love those root pictures, Thanks. That said I doubt the roots like the camera flash. I would try a tripod and a flashlight. OTOH maybe a slight jolt gives them a boost.... who knows for sure?

First of I ain't an expert so take what I say with caution. I'm using Emerald Harvest nutes as well but I'm growing in large but shallow pots in Hydroton. I can't seem to get my nutes up over 550ppm, 500-550 seems to be where they like it. "They" are Crop King White Widow fems.
My current crop is so far the best ever for me (4th week of flower) this is also the first crop where I have the additional supplements (Emerald Goddess, King Kola and Honey Crome). Oh yea I do not add the suppliments to the res (I'm too cheap I guess) I mix a batch daily and top feed every 4 hours when the lights are on.

The root rot? hmm my first thought was do you do an occasional flush? could it be nute buildup... I hope so that would be terrible on such a nice crop. Any time I suspected root rot I give it a double dose of H2O2 the day before a res change again I remind you I am no expert. Ive been using more enzymes now and haven't used any H2O2 since upping them. My current enzyme is Enzymes Komplete, this product is certainly noticeable in your res as it foams up a bit. I did a res change yesterday and for the first time I didn't even bother to take my lines off for cleaning as they have been mint every time since I've been using these enzymes. My old clay balls are cleaner as well.

I absolutely love those root pictures, Thanks. That said I doubt the roots like the camera flash. I would try a tripod and a flashlight. OTOH maybe a slight jolt gives them a boost.... who knows for sure?
Thanks for the feedback, i never heard of enzyme komplete, i might try it next grow, think it will work with aeroponic?
I decided to give them a bit more H2O2 at my res change, about 10ml/gal.

Back
Top Bottom