Indica HPA Aeroponic Grow Experiment 2020

Took some more picture today, one of the purple bud leave show quiet a bit of discoloration, wonder what can cause that.
20200621_140203.jpg

The flower of purple bud is also quiet different
20200621_141236.jpg

Tangerine dream and warlock are much more similar.
20200621_141304.jpg

20200621_141424.jpg

Overall pretty happy with the result so far.
I looked at the trichone and they are all mostly clear finishing week 7.
20200621_141455.jpg

First pic is nute burn, the second pic is heat/light stress.
Thanks, yea that would make sense, i took a reading earlier this week and my ppm of my nute was at 800 and my runoff tank at 1010, so yeah i probably over fertilised, dialed it down from 1.6 to 1.4 ec yesterday, there is still no brown trichone anywhere so i havent started the flushing process yet even thought im starting week 8.

Thanks for the feedback, i never heard of enzyme komplete, i might try it next grow, think it will work with aeroponic?
I decided to give them a bit more H2O2 at my res change, about 10ml/gal.
Ya I shouldn't be pushing a product I know little about, I ment generally any enzyme product. From my understanding enzymes and H2O2 don't mix...however enzymes komplete actually has a recipe with just those 2 things and it does react when mixed. I've used both EK alone and with the H2O2 added on a fast flush between changes it seems to help a lot for me. I don't know as a fact but I think if you're having any trouble keeping the lines clean it could be worth a try. Oh ya EK is a Canadian company.

It does foam quite a bit especially when first added but it's just quick bubbles and out not a lingering slimey foam at all. It foams a lot more when H2O2 is added but same thing, quick bursting bubbles basically... Hmm I just have a small circulating pump in a 10 gallon res... bigger airpump agitating a larger res may be a problem?... I dunno it's just always be lots of bubbles in the res probably. At 1st I put just 6ml into 10 gals I could definitely notice it in there.

Wow what a setup! Just now finding this journal, and WOW. Awesome plants as well. I love roots, and you have them! Yes that is root rot on your one. Im sure you have been discussing that in your journal but you need some beneficiary bacteria. I use RECHARGE and its awesome. There are many other products that you can use as well and it would clear that right up before it kills her.

I have to ask..... Why are you not reclaiming your water and re-running it through your system??? You can use the same 45 gallons and just do a reservoir change every week or even two with that big of res. You wouldnt even need to use that much if you reclaim it.

Wow what a setup! Just now finding this journal, and WOW. Awesome plants as well. I love roots, and you have them! Yes that is root rot on your one. Im sure you have been discussing that in your journal but you need some beneficiary bacteria. I use RECHARGE and its awesome. There are many other products that you can use as well and it would clear that right up before it kills her.

I have to ask..... Why are you not reclaiming your water and re-running it through your system??? You can use the same 45 gallons and just do a reservoir change every week or even two with that big of res. You wouldnt even need to use that much if you reclaim it.
I read that drain to waste is less of a headache to start as you dont have to worry about ph drifting too much or hormones affecting the plant in flower, decided until i get everyhing dialed in to leave it drain to waste.
I also wanted to run a sterile system, seems to have work for the most part except for tangerine dream with root rot, im thinking running at 1ppm of calcium chloride. But might try the enzyme, bacteria dont work well i heard in aeroponic hpa as they get pulverized under the high pressure nozzle and dont survive. Trying to stay away from anything organic or that can clump.

Thanks for the reply. Never thought about them getting crushed under the pressure. Crazy. Keep up the awesome work! Looks like you are getting everything dialed in like you want it.

Can I ask as well why you chose the unpopular growing method aeroponics instead of say, DWC? Just curious. Love all that you have done! Your setup is insane and I love the detail and the care you put into everything. Great engineering.

If you turned your setup to DWC I think you would have a lot better results especially in your setup and all the gear you have, as far as growth rates and what you would produce. Just some thoughts =)

Thanks for the reply. Never thought about them getting crushed under the pressure. Crazy. Keep up the awesome work! Looks like you are getting everything dialed in like you want it.

Can I ask as well why you chose the unpopular growing method aeroponics instead of say, DWC? Just curious. Love all that you have done! Your setup is insane and I love the detail and the care you put into everything. Great engineering.

If you turned your setup to DWC I think you would have a lot better results especially in your setup and all the gear you have, as far as growth rates and what you would produce. Just some thoughts =)
I like the technical aspect of aeroponic and i like it when its complicated. :p

The flowers are getting really heavy but the trichones are still all clear.
20200624_132851.jpg

Temperature was getting a bit warm, got up to 35 degrees Celsius for 2 days in the tent while i was out of town so i installed an air condioner to run during the day with a dehumidifier set to 45.
Also changed the day time of the plant to our night to reduce heat.
20200624_132943.jpg

How are your root balls at the bottom of the tote getting nutes ? Do they just suck up the runoff at the bottom or the mist drenches them?
Im not too sure how the bottom roots gets their feed, im guessin grunoff as there is thick of roots and i cant think the mist make t all the way to the bottom.

Im not too sure how the bottom roots gets their feed, im guessin grunoff as there is thick of roots and i cant think the mist make t all the way to the bottom.
Just wondering since I'm currently dialing my system. Has a larger root chamber so I need to figure out the intervals for the space. Its about 8x4x2 with 4 nozzles each end 8 total.

Just wondering since I'm currently dialing my system. Has a larger root chamber so I need to figure out the intervals for the space. Its about 8x4x2 with 4 nozzles each end 8 total.
I use 2 nozzle of 0.014in and 4 of 0.012in per 45 gallon tote, i spray about 2 sec every 4-5 min, so if you have a larger chamber make sure to oriente the nozzle to cover as many area as possible as roots not getting enaugh moisture dryup quickly.

Back
Top Bottom