Indica HPA Aeroponic Grow Experiment 2020

I use 2 nozzle of 0.014in and 4 of 0.012in per 45 gallon tote, i spray about 2 sec every 4-5 min, so if you have a larger chamber make sure to oriente the nozzle to cover as many area as possible as roots not getting enaugh moisture dryup quickly.
Im using .008 at 500- 1K psi. I should probably add more nozzles to compensate for the root chamber size.

Im using .008 at 500- 1K psi. I should probably add more nozzles to compensate for the root chamber size.
make sense since you are operating at a higher pressure that you have a smaller orifice size, indeed bigger chamber you have to get nozzle to cover the whole area quickly, you dont want to have your nozzle on for too long as dropplets start to clump together quickly and become too big for aero roots to use them efficently.
maybe using a combination of wide angle like a 120 degree on the side or maybe some tighter nozzle spray like 60 degree to reach further deep in your growing space.
I installed the water loop in my growing space but i find that putting nozzle on the top woudnt be a bad idea either as long as everything is sealed properly to prevent anything from falling inside the tote.

make sense since you are operating at a higher pressure that you have a smaller orifice size, indeed bigger chamber you have to get nozzle to cover the whole area quickly, you dont want to have your nozzle on for too long as dropplets start to clump together quickly and become too big for aero roots to use them efficently.
maybe using a combination of wide angle like a 120 degree on the side or maybe some tighter nozzle spray like 60 degree to reach further deep in your growing space.
I installed the water loop in my growing space but i find that putting nozzle on the top woudnt be a bad idea either as long as everything is sealed properly to prevent anything from falling inside the tote.
Do you feed your roots 24/7 ?
Since youre constantly misting the roots doesnt the water droplets eventually clump up because they're not drying fast enough? I noticed the water doesn't evaporate or dry up so it all clumps and accumulates eventually.

I think the purple bud is ready, started to see some brown trichones, hes more indica than the 2 other so he might be a bit in advance, i start flushing next friday as i just gave them a feeding.
Installed also a water chiller as warm days bring water to 22c which is way too hot and probably a reason i have root rot.
20200710_205659.jpg

20200711_090251.jpg

20200711_090351.jpg

Do you feed your roots 24/7 ?
Since youre constantly misting the roots doesnt the water droplets eventually clump up because they're not drying fast enough? I noticed the water doesn't evaporate or dry up so it all clumps and accumulates eventually.
Yes i feed 24h, 2 sec on 4 min off atm.

Yes i feed 24h, 2 sec on 4 min off atm.
Man thats crazy. You must burn up alot of fertilizer. I wonder if they feed during the dark cycle. Do you have air circulating in the root zone ? Or is it an enclosed chamber? I feel like it might become stagnant or something. Is your reservoir still good at the 7th day ? I noticed my Ph rises almost daily for some reason

Man thats crazy. You must burn up alot of fertilizer. I wonder if they feed during the dark cycle. Do you have air circulating in the root zone ? Or is it an enclosed chamber? I feel like it might become stagnant or something. Is your reservoir still good at the 7th day ? I noticed my Ph rises almost daily for some reason
I use drain to waste so i dont recover what i use, i use about 5.5 gallon of nute a day for 15 plants sog or 5 scroog, i make 40 gallon and im good for the week. Plants feed all the time, if you stop spraying your roots for more than 1h they will die. The plants gets the same thing every day for the week, there is no water day and fertiliser day in aeroponic system.
No there is no air circulation as to say but the tote are not sealed, there is lots of crack around the edge of the cover and there is 3 holes on the cover for plants, ATM 2 are covered and 1 is used per tote.
I estimate to about 300$ of fertiliser per grow using the full emerald harvest line.
My PH also rise daily, its normal, i set it to 5.8 than when it reach over 6.2 i bring it back down.
At the 7th day my Res is almost empty and its time to make a new batch.

Wow. Very intricate set up bro! Very impressive.

when you upload tour photos you should click on full image below the text box, so it doesn’t come up as a thumbnail.

you can also add photos to the media gallery so your aloud to post as many photos as you want, unless your only aloud ten at a time. I’m subbed in and will follow along! :popcorn:
Thanks for all the links!

Friday the Nutriment solution was Changed, i had about 7 Gallon left of nutriment solution out of 40 Gallon prepared, so it consumed about 33 Gallon in the last 5 days.
Prepared a nute at 340 ppm, 17c, 5.6 ph

Today the plants seems to be doing okay, i think that the 2 tote the further away from the water supply are getting a lower pressure and might not spray as much as i have lost my blueberry in those 2 tote and had moved my purple bud that was doing really well on friday to the tote further away and the roots dried out, the plant started having droopy leaves and you could clearly see the roots hard partly dehydrated. I moved it back to the other it was before and its been 2 days and it seems to be doing better but its seriously stunted as a large portion of its roots died.

Also added the tangerine dream and the purple bud seedling with the other, its a survive or die can of deal...

The Warlock is doing really well, green and lush with very nice roots formation
20200309_160823.jpg

20200309_160832.jpg

root1.jpg

Tangerine Dream seems to be doing okay, a bit of yellow at the tip of the leave.
20200309_160839.jpg

Struggling sister
20200309_160851.jpg

The stunted purple bud :(
20200309_160844.jpg

And the other sick little sister
20200309_160848.jpg

20200309_160910.jpg

20200309_160916.jpg
Damn, sorry you lost all of those babies

The purple bud is definitely ready, the tangerine dream and warlock not exactly ready but i have all my plant on same watering system so i cant flush one without flushing the others so i start to flush tomorrow.
Cola are really heavy now, purple bud can support his cola as they are smaller but warlock and tangerine dream grow massive cola way too heavy for the stem.
20200718_091343.jpg

Ever think about not flushing? Its not needed and only starves the plants before harvest. Colas look amazing!
Hmm, thanks for pointing that out, i went read a few articles and it seems that you are correct, apparently a few study seems to show no advantage to flushing.
High times
Cannabis Business
I mught try not flushing my plants this harvest and see how it turns out.

Awesome! That is correct. The Dry/Cure is what it all comes down to. Ive found that doing even just 3 - 7 day flush in Hydro has a negative effect on the bud looks, smell, and even taste. Keep us updated on the Purple Harvest.

Have you looked into bud washing? Another topic to look into and decide if you want to. You can even do some colas so you can test the difference. I highly recommend bud washing.

Awesome! That is correct. The Dry/Cure is what it all comes down to. Ive found that doing even just 3 - 7 day flush in Hydro has a negative effect on the bud looks, smell, and even taste. Keep us updated on the Purple Harvest.

Have you looked into bud washing? Another topic to look into and decide if you want to. You can even do some colas so you can test the difference. I highly recommend bud washing.
I read on it but since this is indoor weed that has never been sprayed with anyhing in a filtered grow room, contaminant are minimal but yeah i read a bit about it, never tried it though.

The purple bud is definitely ready, the tangerine dream and warlock not exactly ready but i have all my plant on same watering system so i cant flush one without flushing the others so i start to flush tomorrow.
Cola are really heavy now, purple bud can support his cola as they are smaller but warlock and tangerine dream grow massive cola way too heavy for the stem.
20200718_091343.jpg
They look incredible!

Hey leblanca I have a big question. How did you hook up a chiller and make it work? Because once the water sits in the lines will it warm up or did you put the chiller between the pressure tank and nozzles. The only idea I could think of would be to use a mini fridge to chill the pressure tank, but I was going to try with room temp water first because on RIU a guy that does aero, Atomizer, has said he runs mid 70s water all the time with no issues. Also great harvest that is beautiful!

Hey leblanca I have a big question. How did you hook up a chiller and make it work? Because once the water sits in the lines will it warm up or did you put the chiller between the pressure tank and nozzles. The only idea I could think of would be to use a mini fridge to chill the pressure tank, but I was going to try with room temp water first because on RIU a guy that does aero, Atomizer, has said he runs mid 70s water all the time with no issues. Also great harvest that is beautiful!
The chiller is to cool down the nute solution so its not too warm as bacteria can grow and disease spread more easely in warm nute and mine was reaching 22C so the chiller just have a pump pumping water from the res to the res and keep it at 17C.
The solution will warm up by the time it goes in the expansion tank but once it leave the solenoid my 3/8 tubing connecting all my tote is in the box where all the tote are and this box has an AC blowing air between the tote to keep the root zone cool so the tubing in the box get a bit chilled there also between misting interval.

Back
Top Bottom