Indica HPA Aeroponic Grow Experiment 2020

Thank you I will experiment with some chlorine and sunsun wavemaker in the res to keep it sterile and circulating. My room is temp controlled but set at 80 because I plan to use co2 so root temps are my biggest concern. I had root rot issues with recirc ebb n flow so im ditching that and trying drain to waste like I wanted to do in the first place. I have 8 reservoirs I dont want to buy or pay the electricity on all those chillers, thats my biggest deciding factor on going this route. I appreciate all the documentation you guys post it really helps a lot when there is no where else to learn this stuff

Thank you I will experiment with some chlorine and sunsun wavemaker in the res to keep it sterile and circulating. My room is temp controlled but set at 80 because I plan to use co2 so root temps are my biggest concern. I had root rot issues with recirc ebb n flow so im ditching that and trying drain to waste like I wanted to do in the first place. I have 8 reservoirs I dont want to buy or pay the electricity on all those chillers, thats my biggest deciding factor on going this route. I appreciate all the documentation you guys post it really helps a lot when there is no where else to learn this stuff

All you have to do is run beneficiary bacteria in your reservoir and reservoir temps dont really matter. leblanca cannot do this because he is using aeroponics.

Beneficiary bacteria is a lot cheaper option, you will have healthier roots, than the chiller. If you want the best conditions, run both. Recharge, Great white, Z7 are all products that contain this.

Several of us have run Z7 off and on for 4 years now. I’ve run rez temps in the 80’s and had squeaky clean rez and roots. Hydro guard is a good product as well.

If you have 8 reservoire it could be problematic to cool them all, i would do as you suggested and put your pressure tank in a small fridge if thats the main feed reserve.
I started using Enzyme Komplete in my tank, its compatible with H2O2 up to 15 ml/gal, i called the company and they told me the product is not compatible with chlorine so something to keep in mind.
Depending where you live different product might be or not available, Hydro guard is a good one as Pennywise mentionned but not available in canada.

Ive never tried the hydroponics brand bennies I got some aquascape pond bennies and it mixes cleanly but I still got smelly water and crappy looking plants so I dont think it worked. I never tried it with a circulating res possibly that could make it work and help them breed easier. I used it with a stagnant res, for you guys using bennies Ive been chasing rot every time they start off strong but eventually roots just brown and stall. Once it stalls they never get growing again

Looks like adding more nozzles and spraying more frequently 24/7 helped alot. Plants love alot of water even if some droplets do accumulate on the tips. You can almost watch them grow.

Looks like adding more nozzles and spraying more frequently 24/7 helped alot. Plants love alot of water even if some droplets do accumulate on the tips. You can almost watch them grow.
It does but you have to be careful with the spraying, if you spray too much, it will still grow, but like low pressure aeroponic, you want those white fibrous roots to get the benefits of HPA and that means maintaining smaller droplets than 50 micron.

Tomorrow im harvesting purple bud, he is more than ripe enaugh, maybe a bit too ripe, more than 50% brown trichones.
Tangerine dream and warlock are still pretty clear trichones.
Tangerine dream and warlock stems cant hold any of the buds up, they are all laying on their side, even the yoyos dont help anymore, i guess thats a good problem though.
Roots are ok, the root rot didnt spread more with h202 and enzyme komplete.
20200725_213357.jpg
20200725_213415.jpg
20200725_213528.jpg
20200725_213628.jpg
20200725_213701.jpg
20200725_213734.jpg
20200725_214502.jpg

Doesn't mean really anything but man those buds feel heavy.
20200725_214214.jpg

Today was trim day for purple bud and tangerine dream and warlock got cut and put to dry.
Purple bud before trim
20200801_115942.jpg

Purple bud after trim
20200801_162818.jpg

20200801_163129.jpg

Tangerine dream and warlock before harvest
20200801_170134.jpg

Warlock roots
20200801_193045.jpg

20200801_193301.jpg

Tangerine dream had the biggest cola
20200801_205717.jpg

20200801_205835.jpg

Nice harvest overall
20200801_205939.jpg

20200801_210041.jpg

Nice looking bud, have you sampled it yet?
I did but its still very harsh flavor and taste as its not ready yet, usually get better after a month of curing.
Finished trimming all tangerine dream and warlock.
Will know weight next weekend when its completed the dry process.

Thats how muh warlock i got, can you guess the dry weight?
20200808_010824.jpg

Processed the rest of the plant today and got the final dry count.

Tangerine dream 12.5 OZ
Warlock 20.5 OZ

plus the 12 OZ of the purple bud of last week, that give 45OZ for 2/3of a tent as 1/3 was empty with nothing growing in it due to a bad start.

Im pretty happy of the result growing aeroponic, there is a few things i learned, using a chiller save you having to deal with more problem, using Enzyme Komplete to reduce salt buildup and keep plumbing cleaner, using h202 from the start to keep everything sterile.

Now everything is curing in their buckets, i use a pump on a timer, 20 min ON once a day for the first week.
20200815_233431.jpg

Quiet happy of the harvest from warlock.
20200815_233546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom