Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

Update 6-2-2020
whew! the move is pretty much complete with my former room in shambles. Now there's 12 plants, 4 lights, and 3 closets :rofl: I'll need to move all my plants into one room eventually, someone needs to live in my old room :rofl: The 5-gallon DWC babies are no longer babies! I flipped them to a 12-12 cycle yesterday so let the pistils (hopefully) pop! I think I see some pistils on failed LST I'm going to let her veg for a while. I watered all soil plants besides old quadline. all the tote children are doing well. I realize I might have to get separate totes for them, so I started with a 12 gallon tote that will hold about 10 gallons of water. I cut one 5" hole in the center of the lid and I'm currently using it for dechlorination. I, a millennial, was without wifi for all of yesterday, but I still checked in on folks here through my phone, but I was not about to reply to a thread on my phone, that seems like too much work, sorry mobile users. :rofl:
I fed Jackie week 3 nutes. everything else got week 4 nutes to push them towards flower.
Small Cherry blossom CBD is mutated, and it basically quadlined itself. I'm fine with that. I topped Critical Purple today.
I need more FFOF. That's all. 3 photos for the 3 closets: tote closet, flower closet, and veg closet.
Picture time

that's old quadline in the back, Jackie 1 and Jackie 2 on the sides, and small cherry blossom CBD in the center

From Back to front: failed LST, Big cherry blossom CBD, Jackie 1, small cherry blossom CBD, and Jackie 2.

That's all folks, thanks for reading. :passitleft:
Grow on Blaze on:blunt:

Very nice to see them in the sun! They look fantastic. Harder to see under the purps. Keep up the good work Red!

The magic butter machine is great, but you do have to decarb separately. There is a unit I’ve heard of that does it all, called a Nova (I think). It’s a pretty penny from my understanding though.

I also found some old refrigerator/ wire shelves, I mentioned trying to find some earlier in the journal. You can see it in the last photo above. I put that in the veg closet and now all the soil children get ample airflow under the fabric pots. :thumb: :idea:

Hey folks I need some help. critical purple is bending and twisting her leaves after I topped her the other day. I'm not sure what this is? apologies for the blurple light, there is no discoloration on the leaves. is this a cal-mag deficiency? ph is around 6.3, but that's normal with AN ph perfect. Randy in the same bucket is stretching his new quadlined branches.

I raised the light so they weren't getting too much light, even though they are praying. its also not too hot in the closet thankfully. let me know what you guys think. here's the pic.

here's a pic of perfectly normal Randy

Thanks for your help
edit: res change scheduled for them tomorrow anyway. just gonna give week 3 nutes again.
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

was said in a vid to expect the plant to show some stress for a couple days after topping.. could be just how this strain reacts to getting it's head chopped off? Did you also change to week 3 Nutes? if so the combination of these 2 actions could be stressing the plant... that's all i got.. hope she perks up in a couple days..

was said in a vid to expect the plant to show some stress for a couple days after topping.. could be just how this strain reacts to getting it's head chopped off? Did you also change to week 3 Nutes? if so the combination of these 2 actions could be stressing the plant... that's all i got.. hope she perks up in a couple days..
That's what I was thinking as well, a combination of the two, but this has never happened before in any of my quadlined plants. oh well. if it pushes out 28% THC purple dripping buds, like the pictures promise, it will be worth the difficult growing :rofl:

That's what I was thinking as well, a combination of the two, but this has never happened before in any of my quadlined plants. oh well. if it pushes out 28% THC purple dripping buds, like the pictures promise, it will be worth the difficult growing :rofl:
Trouble shooting -Did house temp change? kik up the air conditioning ? It's been hot and muggy the last few days here in IL,.. I don't know what conditions are in your area but I would also check your closets ventilation set up ? It might require sucking up cooler air from outside or maintaining the plants initial comfort level.. This could be a small contributing factor but i'm just spit balling here.. I think its just the head chop stress along with maybe disturbing it during the room move and fresh set of nutes its not used to yet..

I hate to say this, especially since I'm an inexperienced grower. But have you looked at the possibility of nitrogen toxicity? The sharp downward at the tip is what concerns me...or am I just seeing it wrong? (Sorry-rough day).
Is there a high wind hitting the leaves?

Trouble shooting - It's been hot and muggy the last few days here in IL,.. I don't know what conditions are in your area but I would also check your closets ventilation set up ? It might require sucking up cooler air from outside? this could be a small contributing factor but i'm just spit balling here.. I think its just the head chop stress along with maybe disturbing it during the room move and fresh set of nutes its not used to yet..
"That's what I was thinking as well, a combination of the two, but this has never happened before in any of my quadlined plants. oh well. if it pushes out 28% THC purple dripping buds, like the pictures promise, it will be worth the difficult growing "

Listen man lol.. for a 21 year old you have mad skills bro.. you need this kind of challenge to humble/challenge you..
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .. Try not to drastically change too many variables all at one time.. Don't worry too much let things settle down, I think you'll be fine..

I hate to say this, especially since I'm an inexperienced grower. But have you looked at the possibility of nitrogen toxicity? The sharp downward at the tip is what concerns me...or am I just seeing it wrong? (Sorry-rough day).
Is there a high wind hitting the leaves?
no worries, allow me to explain :thumb: :passitleft:
You're right, that is what a nitrogen toxicity is. But this is a hydroponic plant in Deep Water Culture, so deficiencies and toxicities work a bit different, you can just toss out the water and try mixing nutes again, and the plant will show you what it thinks of its reservoir very quickly, within 24-48 hours versus in soil where it might take a week. also a curled tip could mean anything from ph being off, it being too hot, the plant is drooping because of too much light so it's super hard to nail it down. usually in DWC you can tell if there was a toxicity because of the PPM or EC being higher than it should be.
This gives me a chance to show a transformation of one of my plants that almost died of a nitrogen toxicity but I brought it back to life!:yahoo:
Here's a soil plant I had with HEAVY salt build-up and it had a ruthless nitrogen toxicity. it was days away from death when I emergency transplanted it to Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil (we call it FFOF here).
Here's a cool photo timeline of Failed LST

It really is a different plant now. I love it. I hope this was interesting :blunt:

Man, I have always wanted to grow hydro and just never have. I gotta make the switch.
I'm transferring all my plants to hydro after this grow because there's just no comparison. I love the water-and-leave it factor that soil has. No other medium really has that. But it is also the slowest grow medium out there, and the lowest yielding medium as well - correct me if you think otherwise.
The soil plants in the sun from my last update that received week 4 nutes are all at least 6 weeks old and some of them don't seem to be handling the week 4 nutes so that actually ticks me off. lol
On the other hand,

These are my hydro plants in 5 gallon buckets, I just flipped to flower and they've grown 3-4 inches since I took this :rofl: and they're also almost 6 weeks old.
Very big size difference

Big cherry blossom CBD might Tap out from the week 4 nutes but I'm not worried about a 7% CBD plant, I need the space :eek::rip:
Lol my point is soil is super convenient if you want to grow as slowly as your plants do. But hydro is what you grow when you want to grow a weed :rofl:

Update 6-5-2020
It's a girl! R indica is officially female
I res changed CP and Randy today. I held off on z7 to let the plants adjust because I think z7 may be causing some nute clumping and I don't want to throw out nutes if I don't have to.
here's a photo update.
Picture time

We will see if R hybrid is a female, its too early to tell right now.

From left to right: mutated cherry blossom CBD, Jackie 1, Jackie 2, Big cherry blossom CBD (Dieing), old quadline, Failed LST
I just quadlined both Jackies. they have a bit of a toxicity as well, but they'll make it.

I butchered this closet today, even though I probably shouldn't I realized it was a little too late to quadline in the tote closet so I made sure I did it ASAP.
I quadlined Randy, CP, and NL.

That's all, thanks for reading. #QuadSquad

Sorry bro I know nothing about DWC other than it's interesting seeing the process. But for me if I have any issues I always just start with the basics. Check pH, ppm, make sure basic conditions are met them go from there. But no knee jerk reactions. Baby steps and chill with the trouble shooting process. More times than not it's just something simple or basic stress. Your young and sharp you'll be growing like a seasoned grower before you know it :D

I'm currently decarbing 1.5 oz of leaves. i took the jar out of the oven at around 264 F internal temp. I got a fancy Bluetooth oven thermometer. I didn't bother with times, I just monitored the internal temp and used the earlier suggested vape chart
terp vape.png

So I figured 264 internal temp would be enough to convert all CBD-A and THC-A to CBD and THC. Now I'm going to use Sweet Sue's tincture method to try to make an experimental tincture. if it has any effect on me at all, I'm trying it with buds.

I'm currently decarbing 1.5 oz of leaves. i took the jar out of the oven at around 264 F internal temp. I got a fancy Bluetooth oven thermometer. I didn't bother with times, I just monitored the internal temp and used the earlier suggested vape chart
terp vape.png

So I figured 264 internal temp would be enough to convert all CBD-A and THC-A to CBD and THC. Now I'm going to use Sweet Sue's tincture method to try to make an experimental tincture. if it has any effect on me at all, I'm trying it with buds.
I used some of my friends for this experiment I gave them all 4 ml of the 15 ml tincture.
I tried it as well and the consensus is that it provided a minor high with a huge CBD buzz. :thumb: :yahoo:
Now I'm going to try it with 5 g of liberty haze. Strain review coming soon!
Journal update coming soon

update 6-10-2020
Sorry folks, I've been partying and enjoying the summer. But I have not ignored the plants! the (occasional) friend I show are so happy just to get the opportunity to see a grow in progress. The plants are doing great!
I used some of my friends for this experiment I gave them all 4 ml of the 15 ml tincture.
I tried it as well and the consensus is that it provided a minor high with a huge CBD buzz. :thumb: :yahoo:
Now I'm going to try it with 5 g of liberty haze. Strain review coming soon!
Journal update coming soon
This tincture worked a lot better and my guinea pigs reported a chill and "clear" headed high. next, I'm going to try it with 7 g of liberty haze with 1g of Paradise OG CBD.
Here's a blurple-free pic of R hybrid and R indica during their res change today

Monsters
:eek:

I got another shipment from from my local hydro store with more AN nutes and a package of Fox farm soluble trio
1591835063424.png

The only solube in the buckets rn is open sesame. the schedule calls for 1/4 tsp per gallon so I gave them each 1 tsp.

Thanks for reading.

I found a seed in my Paradise OG CBD! this is probably my favorite strain of CBD giving you a relaxing and chill buzz with a whopping 24% CBD!
I'm adding this to the future grow list!

Back
Top Bottom