Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

By the way... your username cracks me up :rofl:
:laugh: glad im not the only one that finds it comical. i changed my original name yesterday due to privacy reasons. Lol

Thanks to all the new visitors! I'm in the middle of changing my tote res, defoliating, quadlining randy and putting sour plum in the final tote spot. I'm here for a forum break and a :roorrip:
I'll have pics for you guys later. I probably already have a half oz of wet leaves. :eek: I need to learn how to make this into oil or a tincture but I don't have a reliable oven or pressure cooker. I want to invest in a proper decarber to do the work for me, then I can easily make butter or oil. any suggestions or ideas? :idea: I've wasted good bud effing up the decarb and frying the bud, so I'm scared

Still catching up but toaster oven and crock pot are my go to for oil. Decarb in the toaster oven. I learned this trick from @Grandpa Tokin so I can move it where it won't make the wife's Kitchen smell like a dispensary. Then coconut oil (or oil of your choice) in a jar with your decarbed bud in a warm water bath in the crockpot over night. Always seems to do the trick.

Still catching up but toaster oven and crock pot are my go to for oil. Decarb in the toaster oven. I learned this trick from @Grandpa Tokin so I can move it where it won't make the wife's Kitchen smell like a dispensary. Then coconut oil (or oil of your choice) in a jar with your decarbed bud in a warm water bath in the crockpot over night. Always seems to do the trick.
I've read that its harder for THC to bind to coconut oil than it is for fats like butter or lecithin

@carcass beat me to it. Never travel by donkey, folks. Very unreliable method of transport.
I was gonna say I use my infra red thingy that I measure leaf temperature with for the VPD (you’ve heard of VPD, right Red?)
That can help to ball-park it for you if you have one already.
Thanks for the charts @Mr. Krip! :cool:
Allot of this stuff is new to me about extracting THC, Dab, vaping, Oil, and Butter and lost on me but I'm having fun reading and tagging along... If I don't say allot, It's because I'm a Newbie who stopped smoking in 1986 and has just rejoined the community as a reborn pot smoker.. sort of like emerging from a fallout shelter after an apocalypse looking around at his new world... All that technology just zoomed by me.. I get it tho, today's generation wants the same options/choices with method of delivery as they get picking out their satellite/cable packages..

I've read that its harder for THC to bind to coconut oil than it is for fats like butter or lecithin
You add the lecithin to the coconut oil, and the thc binds just fine.
At least I'm assuming it does- I use coconut oil (w/lecithin) in my gummies, and they get me high af. :)
Coconut oil is also metabolized faster than other oils, so it also gets you high sooner

Allot of this stuff is new to me about extracting THC, Dab, vaping, Oil, and Butter and lost on me but I'm having fun reading and tagging along... If I don't say allot, It's because I'm a Newbie who stopped smoking in 1986 and has just rejoined the community as a reborn pot smoker.. sort of like emerging from a fallout shelter after an apocalypse looking around at his new world... All that technology just zoomed by me.. I get it tho, today's generation wants the same options/choices with method of delivery as they get picking out their satellite/cable packages..
I hear what you’re saying about staggering out of that fallout shelter. (Welcome back to taking your health choices on your own terms, btw). I had a kid at work explain rosin to me a year or two back. I thought “damn! Why didn’t I think of that?!”
Anyway, just following up on that earlier post. Craft cultivators in a controlled environment are going to want to get a handle on VPD. Lurking these threads before I joined it was the thing that saved my first attempt to grow indoors.
Vapour Pressure Deficit by @Archiweedies is one of the jewels in the crown of :420:

I hear what you’re saying about staggering out of that fallout shelter. (Welcome back to taking your health choices on your own terms, btw). I had a kid at work explain rosin to me a year or two back. I thought “damn! Why didn’t I think of that?!”
Anyway, just following up on that earlier post. Craft cultivators in a controlled environment are going to want to get a handle on VPD. Lurking these threads before I joined it was the thing that saved my first attempt to grow indoors.
Vapour Pressure Deficit by @Archiweedies is one of the jewels in the crown of :420:
Yeah, the youngsters are up on everything and technology smart.. LOL had nothing to do with health reasons.. More like they pee tested at my job.. It's legal now in IL. I Loved smoking weed back then and want to toke up again, but on my own terms growing my own stash.. I also dont want to be buggin on anyone's choice of how they prefer to partake.. Although it is considdered a "Gateway Drug" by the Gov.. :laugh:

Yeah, the youngsters are up on everything and technology smart.. LOL had nothing to do with health reasons.. More like they pee tested at my job.. It's legal now in IL. I Loved smoking weed back then and want to toke up again, but on my own terms growing my own stash.. I also dont want to be buggin on anyone's choice of how they prefer to partake.. Although it is considdered a "Gateway Drug" by the Gov.. :laugh:
yeah unfortunately cannabis is still "frowned upon" by local law enforcement where I'm from. I often have to warn those same youngsters (my friends) :rofl: about fake carts and unwashed sh**** bud. I try to teach them how to spot good bud and bad bud. My friends worry for me, and so do I, but some of my friends still hide the joint when a car drives by :rofl:
edit: at one point, there were fake THC carts in JUUL pods going around town. These are the carts that actually very likely have Vitamin E in them! :eek: I shut it down quickly among my friends!
I feel like cannabis has been reborn since then just like you lol. It's also more powerful than back then. it might be too much for some, but I'm guessing most highs today are better than most highs back then?

yeah unfortunately cannabis is still "frowned upon" by local law enforcement where I'm from. I often have to warn those same youngsters (my friends) :rofl: about fake carts and unwashed sh**** bud. I try to teach them how to spot good bud and bad bud. My friends worry for me, and so do I, but some of my friends still hide the joint when a car drives by :rofl:
edit: at one point, there were fake THC carts in JUUL pods going around town. These are the carts that actually very likely have Vitamin E in them! :eek: I shut it down quickly among my friends!

I feel like cannabis has been reborn since then just like you lol. It's also more powerful than back then. it might be too much for some, but I'm guessing most highs today are better than most highs back then?
I think ever since Colorado Legalized it became the epicenter of pot growing technology in the states, the Silicon Valley of all things Marijuana innovation. it's been a model for other states how to manage and tax it in their states. Personally If it stops being fun for me that's the time I'll quit for good ... I guess I'm just an old head, I like growing in dirt pots and smoking my weed in a bong but to each his own... I just worry a little about the percentage of the population that needs to get higher and higher that may lead them into bad things..

Update 5-29-2020
Randy fell into the res overnight! :eek: ugh I was afraid this was going to happen. and my lazy roommate didn't wake up until 3 PM so Randy was floating for a good 7 hours at least. good thing I happen to buy some more duct tape and black gorilla tape just for res's and net pots. I re-wrapped the clear tubing around randy's pot. then I gorilla taped it to the top of the pot. I made sure the tape grabbed tight to both the top rim of the pot and the tubing. The tape will serve two purposes. before, with the clear tubing, light was getting through. Us DWC growers all should know that can cause algae growth. the tape will block the light from getting through and it will also keep the tubing at the top of the pot so randy doesn't fall in again. It feels pretty snug, and as long as I position the pot well, there is no way he's falling in unless I push him in!
I moved big cherry blossom CBD and Failed LST to the tote closet. I moved the totes to the side and put them in the corner. I did this because they needed more light, and it's a jungle in my VEG closet. The mylar should provide them with more light. just a temporary move.
5 gallon DWC babies get so much bigger every day. from the recent pruning, they've been drinking a quart of water a day. I keep the PH in check and the PPM doesn't seem to fall much, so I know I'm getting the most of my nutrients. This is why I'm pushing back their week 5 res change until Monday or Tuesday when I can flip them to flower. I'm afraid I'm going to break the walls with this plant if I don't flip it soon! :rofl:

No pictures today. Too stoned. Plants look great. :rofl:
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Hey folks, I just did a strain review of OG Kush. the first time I've tried the infamous strain. I loved it and I'm super stoned. :rofl: check it out if you're interested.
Not being able to take photo's because too stoned would be an indicator of that :laugh: Found the review, Snickers bar's sounds like a good plan ... If OG passed your HIGH standards It's got to be a good one..

Update 5-30-2020
I didn't do much today. tote res change for Randy and Critical purple scheduled tomorrow. I watered Old quadline in the last of my FFOF with week 4 FF nutes. getting pretty tired of this plant. might flip to flower soon.
I got my replacement 2000w lamp! now I have 6000 watts in 4 lamps, 2 closets for 12 plants :rofl:
here's a pic of the new light. I think it might be a newer board than the other one.
big day starting Monday. working all weekend and the supervisor is on my ass but my boss loves me. maybe it helps that I dated his 26 year old niece for a bit :rofl:
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Time to start the move with my PC. and a :roorrip: . moving my bed, desk, plants and lights and buckets and nutes... one room over :rofl: Pictures later

read something about you needing toaster ovens, pressure cookers and other gadgets to make butter.. saw this banner advertisement in the forum.. The price didn't sound that bad?

read something about you needing toaster ovens, pressure cookers and other gadgets to make butter.. saw this banner advertisement in the forum.. The price didn't sound that bad?

They are a sponsor here and I hear great things about them. I use a toaster oven and crockpot because I already have them for cooking. Otherwise, I would probably buy one of these. Still might down the road.

They are a sponsor here and I hear great things about them. I use a toaster oven and crockpot because I already have them for cooking. Otherwise, I would probably buy one of these. Still might down the road.
Mentioned it because the price $174.00 looks very doable for something all in one that makes Oils, Tinctures, and butter, and looks like an old coffee pot .. :rofl:

Mentioned it because the price looks very doable for something all in one that makes Oils, Tinctures, and butter, and looks like an old coffee pot .. :rofl:
Agreed! It looks like they still call for decarbbing in an external device, just something to consider.

Back
Top Bottom