Indica or sativa bagseed?

Joeydrumstix

hey guys i've been growing a bagseed since january, shes currently starting week 10 of flowering. up till now ive thought she was an indica but the buds are taking a long time to ripen imo. i've been looking at them with a microscope and up at the top of the plant they are pretty cloudy but as you work your way down they are still mostly clear. the buds are not swelling as much as i thought they would and the fan leaves during the veg cycle were mostly 9 fingers.

i read that buds with a pointy tips can indicate sativas and also the fact they really arent swelling to the degree i was expecting although my setup is just under 4 100w cfl bulbs in organic super soil. ive got some pictures, what do you guys think? anyway to tell if these buds are indica or sativa?

Attachments

• 0501191022a.jpg
    0501191022a.jpg
    830.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 0508191815.jpg
    0508191815.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 0508191818.jpg
    0508191818.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 0520191841.jpg
    0520191841.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 0520191842.jpg
    0520191842.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 0520191842a.jpg
    0520191842a.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 59
Actual 100-watt CFLs (big ones?) or 23-watt ones that are advertised as being able to replace an old-fashioned 100-watt incandescent bulb in a reading lamp? If the latter, plants receiving an insufficient(+/-) amount of CFL light seem to take longer.

Otherwise, it's probably just some kind of hybrid with a bit of sativa genetics in it. If it were a true sativa, lol, you wouldn't be wondering if it is - you'd be looking up at it and shaking your head thinking about the next month and a half or so of flowering still to go (or, if it was a long-flowering sativa, you might be wishing it only had a 16-week flowering period ;)) .

But anything is possible, I suppose. Is it five feet tall even though it's only in a one-gallon pot and you initiated flowering on it when it was a mature clone of only nine inches tall? That would infer a sativa (unless you hung your lights at the top of a telephone pole, figuratively speaking).

They are actual 100 watt big ones, theres plenty of light in there. I know that because I have a little baby 2 week old plant and she's not stretching at all. I topped her back in January and I've been low stress training so that she didn't grow tall So no she's only about 2 ft in a 1 gallon pot. She's most likely a hybrid. I was just expecting to have finished product 2 weeks ago. I'm going on vacation for a week on Sunday and I was going to chop her down and hang her up to dry while I'm gone. I'm not sure what to do!

Oh, that's a tough situation. Especially if you've got a healthy sense of paranoia and, therefore, haven't told anyone "out in the world" about your grow. Perhaps some kind of simple auto-watering solution would be advisable? I've seen artsy-looking (undoubtedly meant for either houseplants or outdoor gardens) containers that are meant to be filled with water and stuck into the soil and that, presumably, allows the water to slowly exit into the soil. I have never used them, though.

i decided im going to chop and hang her tomorrow. i'm in the 11th week of flowering shes so close that i dont mind and i am out of time before my vacation. shes gonna dry out for a week while im gone and then go into the curing jars. ill post picutres of the manicured buds soon :)

Back
Top Bottom