Indica Strain Grow

Berry Bongtrip

Hello Folks, this is my second and last journal to produce.

It is coming to spring and soon to summer so i decided to start all my free seeds that were Indica strains in hopes to harvest before the summer starts. The strains are as follows:

1) Pineapple Chunk Fem (Barney Farms)
1) Critical Mass Fem (CH9)
1) White Shark Fem (CH9)
2) LA Confidential Reg (DNA)

All were popped using a paper plate and paper towel method.
Then they were transfered to party cups with a soil mix consisting of:

Coconut cior
Granular azomite
A little feather meal
Earth Worm castings and a few other elements in potting mix

Holes were drilled along sides of cups as well as bottom for drainage and aeration. After which they were placed on the side of my current grow to try and not give them such intense light. I am in last week of flower with current grow and am on an 11/13 schedule, after harvest plants will be going on a 18/6 schedule with only one light.

Of all the strains i want to try the LA, seems to have good effects and good reviews. More to update after.:Namaste:

OK, update.......Pineapple Chunk is dead. Partly my fault. I lifted tray with all the cups and it tipped over, i tried replanting and giving some TLC right away but it didnʻt make it, so i threw it away and moved on. However, i have noticed and read comments about Barney Farms, iʻve bought AK-47s from them but lately it seems like their seeds are not as viable and strong as they were before, donʻt know, maybe others have input on this.

So, pulled second plant yesterday and dropped lights a bit down, i have only one light running right now, and to me personally it was just in time, on a 11/13 schedule they seemed to get leggy really fast. They are now on a 18/6 and the four remaining seem strong, also cleaned up shower and got it all nice and tidy. Plans are to just give water till they are a little stronger, then switch to one gallon geo pot with same mixture, debating on switching to 12/12 in one gallon pots, FIMing, etc. because i wanna finish this grow fast before wife gets nuts.:Namaste:

Just a fast update, i inherited a jack H. clone from my garden guy, so now count is back to 5, however, one of the LA stem seems pretty weak compared to the others, i built soil up around it, we will see if its still too weak im getting rid of it and going back to 4. Wish me luck.:Namaste:

Not much to say, gave a dose of ferts and some SNS 203 to control gnats, plants starting to come along, still a little young, weak and leggy looking, just waiting to transplant to one gallon geo pot, gonna go garden shop and see if they make 2 gallons would work better, probably will just do one gal since i got multiple plants, i think with a FIM or two i could yield decent with one gal pots, any thoughts?????????:Namaste:

Plants are about 3-4" tall in party cups was thinking i should replant in one gal pot and flip switch to 12/12?????? any suggestions???? FIMed once already..........:Namaste:

Heres a quick pic of them in party cup before transplanting to all 1 gal geo pots

photo172.jpg

:Namaste:

well kb looks like im 1st subbed brother:thumb: i think is with indicas you wont have the strecth i did with my sativa dom strain, you might wanna veg a little bit to get the root structure and height up a bit, what are you using for nutrients? i give alot of credit to my bpn on the big colas and a different smell this time,stronger and just all round better and since nutes are the only real difference for these, well that and the last 2 for that first journal didnt get frostbite lol so that helped , im currently trying to get some indica in my collection of meds, i currently have 1 sativa strain(trailor trash) dried and curing, but for night time and insomnia its not so helpful lol looks good in here, someday when the price is lower i plan to try some led lighting. :peace::thumb:

Couldnʻt agree more Big I. I too medicate at night with my sativa strains and its not the greatest, a little wirery and then the relax to sleep which is why i was trying to get some indica strains in. Do you think they wont stretch 2x3 their original height??? Sheet i hope they dont get stunted im gonna cry. I dont have the time to veg anymore i gotta try and finish this grow really quick and take down this grow room and store my meds because i am quiting and just gonna have them for a rainy day for when im older:Namaste:

Couldnʻt agree more Big I. I too medicate at night with my sativa strains and its not the greatest, a little wirery and then the relax to sleep which is why i was trying to get some indica strains in. Do you think they wont stretch 2x3 their original height??? Sheet i hope they dont get stunted im gonna cry. I dont have the time to veg anymore i gotta try and finish this grow really quick and take down this grow room and store my meds because i am quiting and just gonna have them for a rainy day for when im older:Namaste:

well depending on the percentage of indica/sativa it could do some good stretch if there's at least 25% sativa, but in any case the root decides the fruit, if the root mass is big the flowers will be also so it could turn out really good, i think you should not top/train/lst just cause on your short time frame, those things cause slight slow downs in growth as they adjust to the mild to moderate stress, lst would be the best of them since it involves no cutting
and does not really pause growth, and time is an issue for you, sorry to hear your quitting that's a bummer, but i understand, i too quit for a few years, as life was not conducive to me having a garden, my meds lasted a long time since i don't medicate as much as most ppl do and im sure at some point i'll take another hiatus when i find the genetic i need for pain and insomnia,and stockpile it, oh and lock down the strain for future grows,
just so you know im here with ya till your done and beyond, or as long as i have anything needed or positive to help ya brother,:high-five::thumb:

Thank you very much BIG I.. Very kind indeed. I FIMed them once when they were small with the mind set they would stretch 2-3x their original size, i thought they all do that i guess indicas dont or at least not as much. Shucks, if i knew i would have vegged for another week half i think that would have been enough the grow rate was good, right now they are about 6 inches which has me worried if they dont grow more, if they get to a foot i think that would be fine with one big kola on top. Bummed, i hope they stretch more now. Yes, OMM talked sense into me about me having a good job and where i live a good job is hard to come by, my job wont allow MMJ which to me is ridiculous because what i do on my own time is my time, yet they will control me beyond work and tell me what meds i can and cannot take due to random drug testing. Unfortunate as that is, i sill have been medicating at home and drinking a ton of water before work but it is time to take a break, right now im on family leave for having a new child and am enjoying the time off to spend with my fam and to medicate at night without the worries of waking up early to drink water for work. soon it will end, but at least i will have a stockpile of reserves, for when those gray rainy days come and i need to smoke i will have various strains that do various things, like the indicas to sleep. Thanks again BIG I.:Namaste:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom