Indicas, Sativas & Hybrids: Oh My! NorCal 2019 8 Plant Outdoor Grow

NorCAKnowYourGrow

I am an accomplished veggie and herb gardener so why not try my hand at a little ganja? I plan to use the bud for medicinal tinctures, salves, edibles, and a family member who smokes for medicinal use will get the rest.

Strains info/pics first, Grow Info below

Strains
Purple Punch (2), Black Jack (2), Platinum OG (1), Chocolate Tonic CBD (1), Blue Dream (1), Venom OG (1)
Second post to see the (hopeful) end result. ;-)

Purple Punch (2 plants) (Larry OG X Granddaddy Purple):
Indica-dom Hybrid, 20-24%
7-8 weeks flowering, potential Hvy/Mod yield
scent grape/sweet/berry; flavor sweet/grape/berry

As of Friday, May 10

Black Jack (2 plants) (Black Domina 15-20% X Jack Herer 20-25%):
Sativa-dom Hybrid
9-10 weeks flowering, potential Hvy yield
scent pine/earth/sweet; flavor sweet/pine/citrus

As of Friday, May 10

*WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY GIRL IN THE LEFT PICTURE? She got seriously stressed one day, hasn't seemed to recover. Her leaves are all squirrely - curled. She is growing, just slow. Her sister is recovering fine.

Platinum OG
(1 plant) (Master Kush X Afgani -OR- Purps X Master Kush X OG Kush):
Considered "ultimate" kush strain (but I guess that's subjective)
50/50 with slight lean towards Indica
9 weeks flowering, potential Low/Mod yield
scent/flavor minty/skunky/lemony

As of Friday, May 10

Chocolate Tonic CBD (1 plant) (Cannatonic X Chocolate Kush):
50/50;
Low THC (2.5-9.99%) and Moderate CBD (10-14.99%)
8 weeks flowering, potential Hvy/Mod yield
scent piney/earthy; flavor pine/lime/musk

As of Friday, May 10

Blue Dream (1 plant) (DJ Short's Blueberry X Santa Cruz Haze):
Sativa-Dom, Unknown %
8-10 weeks flowering, potential Hvy yield (said to produce 50-100% stronger yields, grows better in hydro but more robust flavor in soil;
scent floral berry/spicy/cedar/blueberry pie; flavor classic haze with a tinge of floral berry

As of Friday, May 10

Venom OG (1 plant) (Venom OG X Humboldt OG):
50/50 with slight Indica lean, 10-14.99%-15-19.99%
8 weeks flowering, potential Hvy/Mod yield
scent very gassy with earthy, pine, and diesel notes

As of Friday, May 10

GROW INFO
Basics for all plants: Outdoor, Soil, Black Fabric Pots (ranging from 5 gallon to 10 gallon - most in 7)

Outdoor Grow:
Black fabric pots (VIVOSUN) (may end up wrapping these in something lighter because I'm concerned about baking the roots this summer). I might bring these girls inside, though, as I'd like them to get more consistent sun. Our weather is all over the place this year.

Medium: Soil Blend of...
EB Stone Emerald Triangle 420 (75%)
Premium aged fir bark, coir, sphagnum peat moss, pumice, earthworm castings, seabird guano, crab meal, and humic acids. Enhanced with mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial soil bacteria.

Sloat Organic Potting Soil (25%)
Fir bark, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, aged redwood, compost, volcanic pumice, sand, earthworm castings, feather meal, bat guano, and kelp meal.

Fertilizer:
Started with Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big but switched to Humboldt's Secret. I'm seeing some positive changes with my plants with Humboldt's but maybe these improvements would have come with Fox Farm....who knows.
Humboldt's Secret: Base A, Base B, Golden Tree plus Plant Enzymes in veg state. Adding Flower Stacker when those beautiful buds start showing themselves.

Frequency: Mondays & Thursdays (in general, going by plant health as best I can, however)

Strength: lowest dose currently (going generally by manufacturer recs but will observe plants and adjust)

Water:
Currently almost daily but checking moisture with a meter.

Grow is REALLY taking off. My Black Jack is still weird with curled leaves and whatever but this week I saw a HUGE blowout in veg and height.

Blue Dream is doing amazing! This girl was about 5" shorter 2 days ago. Doubled in width, too. Lots of vegging going on.

The happiest of my plants!

My favorite nutrients: HUMBOLDT'S SECRET!

Golden Tree smells like death in a bottle but holy sh**! This stuff works like crazy.

Base A, Base B + Golden Tree = Doubled in Size in 12 days.

Is this good? Dunno....never grown. But the plants look super happy despite cold weather, lots of weird May rain, and not a lot of sun.

I started with Fox Tree and was going through them so fast. Humboldt's is super concentrated and lasting MUCH longer. Bought the starter pack off Amazon for $100. Worth every dime....at least in this veg state things are going very well.

Back
Top Bottom