Indoor - Acapulco Gold - Carnival - Sugar Punch - Kit Soil - Cheap LED

When Harvesting do you:

• Chop when the desired % of amber trichomes is observed

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Chop when the maximum bud size appears to be achieved.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chop based on experience that informs you of maximum quality regardless of yield.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Chop based on many factors such as water usage, senescence, pistil color, tri color, etc.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Chop based on desperation or opportuniity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VonDankenhoek

Greetings,

I had my kit soil cooking for quite some time as I finished up other plants in the pipeline. In future posts I'm gonna journal the progress of the 3 ladies in the title.

But for now I'm gonna start off with pics of what is just finished or is currently finishing up.

The flower room is lit by 1-500 actual watt LED. This lamp works great. I bought it on ebay. It's been going for about 14 months. The grow area is about 24x40 inches. I fit 3 or 4, 7 gal fabric pots in there. The exhaust is overkill at 600 cfm and it's attached to 640 Phresh can. These run 24/7 except in coldest winter.
western_winds_week_8_21.jpg
western_winds_week_81.jpg
western_winds_9-23.jpg
week_12_3.jpg
week_12_2.jpg
week_12_11.jpg
sugar_punch_kit.jpg
three_sisters.jpg
jack_10-7_b.jpg
pre_cat_drench_10-7.jpg
western_winds_week_8_1.jpg

Most of the plants in the photo's were grown in mineralized soil with some foliars. I often use SST and or basic ACT.

Moving forward with the high brix grow I am following the protocols as outlined in Doc Bud's how-to-use thread.

Wow they look awesome! I don't know a whole lot to answer your question so ill leave it to the experts. As for the LED what LED did you go with? You said one from ebay, link?

I don't think links are permitted. The vendor i used is known as ledgrowlightmanufacturer. BUT since then there are a new bunch of contenders in my book. Specifically platinum looks to be growing really well. You've no doubt heard of alibaba. It's a smorgasbord of lamps there.

One important point to keep in mind is that the light is only one part of the environment. Temps, humidity/vpr, and especially air circulation are significant factors in my experience.

Thanks very much folks. I appreciate your interest and observations.

In this pic see 3 Jack Herer f7's. The ripe one is 13 weeks 12/12. The more lively pair were grown outdoors and then brought in recently when weather required. I'm at 39° N.

The small plant on the right is carnival waiting for a brighter spot to become available..

Both are in 7 gal fabric pots. BUT the lively 2 plants, potted from rooted cuttings, were fitted into space carved into a pot of used (1x) mineralized soil. It was packed with roots. It's interesting that the plants flourished and flowered profusely considering the combined mass drawing from a single pot. Some of the buds are close to fist sized.

inside_out.jpg

These are my best buds ever!
october_jjack.jpg
october_jack1.jpg

Meanwhile my kit plants are doing great. I still have one large JH in there. It is preventing the placement of my largest kit plant into the flower room.

The bud in the upper pics (same bud both pics) is from the plant in the foreground.
inside_out.jpg

The plant in the background, another JH, was cat drenched when very well flowered. Even though it wasn't kit soil she responded with some frosty girth. It's my first experience having success with the cationic
drench. I'm really looking forward to the effect it has on properly, kit grown plants.is

This is flower room queen for now.

outdoor_october.jpg

Here's a look at a bud that benefited from the cat drench. Since drenching twice in a row she's been given straight tap water for 2 consecutive light waterings then a drench with energy and a little tm7 in r/o water. This plant got its flowering cues from natural light. It grew outside until recently. When it landed in the flower chamber it began an 11/13 schedule.

I expect a good bit more swelling with all the pistil production currently going on.

cat_drench_bud.jpg

F'n gorgeous, man! :thumb:

That cola is stellar and the rest of 'em look great!

:bravo:

This is the high brix Sugar Punch. It's getting plenty of veg time as I'm waiting for bloom room space. It is healthy as can be. The pre flowers are lurid! I can see that once she goes 12/12 there's gonna be a lot of flowers
10-24_3jpg.jpg
10-24_2.jpg
10-24_1.jpg

This is the JH that taking up so much space. Seems like it's worth letting it finish up on it's own schedule. It's been steadily fattening up since the cat drench a couple weeks back.

10-24_6jpg.jpg
10-24_5jpg.jpg
10-24_4jpg.jpg

The carnival and acupulco gold are a few weeks into flower in the bloom room. They are not much to look at so far.
Once the jack finishes up I expect to see the High brix plants to shine.

I don't think links are permitted. The vendor i used is known as ledgrowlightmanufacturer. BUT since then there are a new bunch of contenders in my book. Specifically platinum looks to be growing really well. You've no doubt heard of alibaba. It's a smorgasbord of lamps there.

ledgrowlightmanufacturer, this is our EB store, we changed to marshydro now:)

Back
Top Bottom