Indoor Bagseed 2x2x60 Tent CFL & LED - First Time Grow!

cjeremis

Hello all, this is my first time to ever grow. I've studied so much online here and I'm having such a successful grow that I felt I should contribute to future growers with a few seeds from a sack and turn it into gold!

I've struggled a lot with a plant or two and had tons of success so far with another. Crazy and fun grow so far!

I will record my progress at least every other day going forward, but just to catch you up to where I'm at and save a ton of reading, please see my list below:

– PLANT INFO
Total Plants: 4 breeds of Indica Bagseed (Big Bubba, Youngen, Droopy, Baby Boomer)

Dropper DOB: 10/14/17 (Currently Day 30) @ 4.5" tall; 1.5 Gal Plastic Pot
Big Bubba DOB: 10/20/17 (Currently Day 24) @ 7" tall; 3 Gal Fabric pot
Baby Boomer DOB: 10/29/17 Currently Day 15) @ 6.5" tall; 3 Gal Fabric Pot
Youngen DOB: 11/05/17 (Currently Day 8) @ 2" tall; 1 Quart Ceramic Pot

Soil: Fox Farm, MG Perlite, MG Potting Mix w/ Overwater Control, MG Pete Moss
Nutrients: FF Big Bloom, FF Tiger Bloom, FF Grow Big (Following feeding schedule... now)
Ph: 6.6 - 6.7
Water: Distilled Water with CalMag (going by CalMag instructions)

– GROW TENT INFO
Tent: 2x2x60 Grow Tent (Door remains open 24/7 due to heat inside tent)
Filtration: In-line Fan with Carbon Filter filtering through to ceiling.
Lights: 300w LED and 2 x 400w 5000 Lum 7000 K @ 10" from canopy
Circulation: 1 x 18" osc. tower and 2 x 6" clip fans
Timer: 18hr/6hr off from 9a - 3p
Temp: Avg. 84f (73f - 88f)
Humidity: Avg. 40% (39% - 62%) Using Small Humidifier to Regulate

– Environment Info
Room: Office in Garage; 15'x8' Room;
Temp: 72f-74f
Circulation: Ceiling AC; Ceiling Fan; 12" Osc. Fan; 24" Box Fan
Heater: Tower heater with temp control (Not needed yet but ready to go!)
Outdoor Temp: 68f-80f

If I am missing anything here please let me know and I will add. This is just the intro, I will post pictures, my daily journey up until this point, and explain to you every single detail with detailed photos.

I will post the need entry tomorrow but if you have any questions so far or see anything missing let me know!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello, I am still growing these and I literally just lift them into flower last night. Tonight I am going to set up all of the trellis!

I have a busy day today but tomorrow I will upload some pictures from throughout the Gross cycle as well as some of the things I’ve learned and troubles of face… I definitely have a lot of stuff that people may want to hear because I’ve learned a lot during this growth!

See you guys tomorrow!

Ok, sorry for the delay. Let me go through the grow experience from my first post until today!

Today = Flower Day 4

Images and stories from my Grow:

1. Day 2
:: I left the seeds in water 24 hours, then in a napkin for 48 hours, then planted 3 of the seeds in 1 pot. Horrible idea, now I use Solo Cups and one seed per cup. But, none died luckily! On Day 2, they broke the surface.
D4674FD7-8B7F-4279-96E5-0930819C0E95.jpeg

2. Week 2 VEG
:: I ended up planting 5 more seeds a week later. In the image I show the 3 original plants at 2 weeks old and the new plants are about 4 days old. I decided to Top the first 3 plants, they had 5 nodes and were very healthy. At this point none of the plants have been fed, just distilled water with CalMag at 5ml.
A677B2CB-6156-4CEB-9C30-C3048F287565.jpeg

3. Week 3 VEG
:: Apparently one of the plants ended up infected or something because the plant just shrunk and stayed this way for weeks. It was a very dark green and the lower leaves were curled up and the whole plant was just sad looking. This was also the first week I fed the plants, thinking it might have been a toxicity of some nutrient, I flushed the plant with pure 6.3 PHed Distilled water with 2ml of CalMag. I only gave it water for weeks later... all the other plants were looking amazing!
F1C0D6B6-9E9D-4D87-BBF4-16A8856106CA.jpeg

4. Week 4ish VEG
:: the plants were just starting to bush out from below. Growth was feeling pretty slow up to this point but it EXPLODES after this week! The dropping plant was looking much better on week 5, shown below. I didn’t take many more images after this week as my grandfather passed during this grow and threw everything off but I’m back now. Anyways, from week 4 of veg until week 6 of Veg I followed the Fox Farm soil feeding schedule as shown. For the first 3 plants, I kept them in the Week 4 feeding cycle for 2 weeks, to allow the other plants to catch up and have all plants on the same feeding schedule... the two next weeks were amazing!
83AEE7DD-7CFD-4A05-88B8-5DBE208498B9.jpeg

5. Day 1 of Flower
:: I knew that I would never have enough room for 8 plants in a 2x2 tent, so I got a 4x4 tent, setup a custom made trellis, spread the plants out and got the tops all spread out! Isn’t she beautiful :) FIRST GROW EVER and it is looking great IMO. Anyways enough patting, during the plants lives I transplanted them each twice. They all finished in 5 gallon fabric pots. I’ve added a 1500 Watt LED and 4 300 watt CFLs for flowering. I have a box fan and a 12” rotating fan as well as a humidifier and AC unit. I keep the tent at 76 degrees and 40% humidity. I still can’t determine gender. I just gave the first Tiger Bloom feeding. All of the plants are looking very good, even dropper came back (somewhat). I’ve tried counting all the tops, I get confused after about 70. Hopefully ALL of these are female, either way I will be removing any males.
7CF92931-3548-4207-B639-7ECBC4ED0359.jpeg

I’ll try to at least post once a week, it’s getting close to flower time now so super excited. Please comment and let me know your thoughts!

A few questions I’d like to ask the professionals out there.

1. How much bud do you think may grow here, imagining that all were female?
2. Should I have let them get larger before flowering?
3. What am I forgetting or missing here? I plan to add another trellis about 7 inches above this one layer, or should I do it now? What are your thoughts on this and anything else?

I've moved this thread back to journals in progress. :thumb:

May I offer some tips on how to get the community to pick up your thread. Fix a link in your signature, how to link here

Go and visit a few threads of other growers, say hi, we don't bite. We are a friendly bunch here and will always help in any way we can but we gotta know your there and you have a journal running.

:passitleft:

:Namaste:

Thanks! Yes I've gone through that site a ton!

I started the Grow in the middle of October. This would be week 6 for the first 3 plants and week 5 for the other five plants.

They aren't too tall but I topped them all and have been doing LST on all the plants since the second week...

Same as me, LST is defiantly key to improving yields. If there in week 5/6 of veg you can flip anytime really providing there all healthy and grown well. If they have any issues then veg until resolved as problems are easier to resolve when the plant is in veg than when in flower.

In the first couple of weeks of switching depending on what height the strains your growing can mature at, you'll normally see a big growth spurt. And you can then sex them incase you have any males.

Your yields will very much depend on the strain your growing and what nuts/lights.

There looking good tho from what I can see.

One thing to check before switching is if there all in big enough pots. This is a mistake I made. My pots where too small and ended up having to replant them during flower which is not ideal. Mine where in 3-gal pots, now in 6 gal.

Whatever the average height of each strain grows too. For ever 12-inch of height you need 2-gallons. Or something along those lines, it says on the grow weed easy site.

Hello all, I'll bullet point to keep the reading short.

Today = Day 7 of Flower

* Following Fox Farm Feeding Schedule (Week 1 of Flower)
* Feeding: 1/2 Gallon Distilled Water with 3tsp Big Bloom, 2tsp Grow Big, 2tsp Tiger Bloom, 5ml Cal-Mag (6.3 Ph)
* Did some LST and pruning for light penetration
* Temps consistently @ 77f & 45% humidity

:: Starting to smell good, but still no signs of sex
:: Had a light in the front left corner go out, new one will be here in 2 days. Note to self: keep a backup!
:: I'll be adding another trellis layer about 6-8" above this one once they bloom out more. Thoughts on this?

Here's the pics!
C6231726-161A-430B-9B15-64DE8B59D1A3.jpeg

C17A1B53-EB86-44DE-BC48-7F7F8FDB2C78.jpeg

7A511FB3-9448-40A5-904D-E7D1A65971F7.jpeg

016C3219-A682-48D7-84F3-88EE50CB9B75.jpeg

That star burst like plant in first pic below Therm looks really cool.

Thanks! Yeah I like it too, but its a very strange plant. I apparently planted 2 of these same seeds, but it grows way different than any I've seen online... I'm hoping its extremely potent!

Each plant only has 6 tops and hasn't been growing any new ones no matter what i do, but the ones it has are really nice looking!

I figured I would show my setup today and a few more pics of the beauts.

I have a 2x2 and a 4x4 tent that both share ducting with the exhaust from the AC Unit. Both tents are setup identically just different scales of course.

The carbon filter runs ducting out and to the attic with the AC exhaust.

AC pumps in from the bottom left of the tent through a duct, and on the right I have a humidifier to control humidity.

I have a big box fan set on 3 and strapped to the top with a rotating 10" fan strapped facing down...

The 1500 watt LED always sits 19" above canopy and is measured daily. There are 4 CFL bulbs that hang equally spaced in each corner at 4"-6" above canopy at all times.

I continue to trim, check soil moisture, record temp and humidity levels.

I show here all of my nutrients and water as well as some of the tools I use.

Now for all the photos, let me know if there's anything else you guys would like to see!

Also, for my next grow I want to do some good seeds bought online. What do you all suggest?

0D65CEB5-7A05-4E6D-A3A7-0A050F5186DC.jpeg

1064D273-4559-413E-AE33-7546F1C23846.jpeg

44EC6F11-5578-42E5-AE9E-EAD2D6012E54.jpeg

52343E65-17F3-4580-909A-C03FE59F1470.jpeg

5C41EB2B-0978-4137-ABCC-A7B5F1AEA416.jpeg

5D375A5D-BEE1-437A-8DA6-69FC4C7EB7E8.jpeg

7B86EA05-D67D-428C-BF5F-40DBB37B6012.jpeg

BC2AF617-8F35-4485-8E53-9826873BC352.jpeg

680BEE00-8D7A-48F4-81CF-627A77662038.jpeg

422762FC-3A8E-4DC3-BFE9-E50C266E3A93.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom