Indoor Cheese DWC Harvest Help!

CannabaNick23

Ok everyone this is my first post and my first grow and have definitely had tons of questions through out this grow but i am just about at the Harvest window now. I had a batch of cheese filled with seeds so i figured why not. I started them all off in the aerogarden hydro setup and got really healthy results. Was constantly on top of ph so its young growth was exceptional......

Because i am in a closet i am only able to use CFL's. I have 1 80 watt bulb and 4 42watt bulbs for this single plant. I am using Fox Farm hydro nutrients with a 5 gallon hydro Bucket with a Hurricane 5 Air pump and two hoses with dual airstones. I use a reletively small dosage of nutes, about 2servings max per 3.5 gallons of filtered tap water, and everything has looked great so far,leaves were healthy green and all has been well. My first attempt failed because i let root rot build and a new res change was just too much and killed it. i am on my second one now and it has stayed so healthy i believe because of the hydrogen peroxide i use in the water... it is home grade 3% and i use approximately anywhere from .5 ml - 2 ml tops....
I am about 7 weeks into flowering into flowering now and have some questions on how to go about these next few weeks.

-Should i start to flush now at the beggining of week 8 for the next two weeks and hope to harvest around week 10

The top main colas (which arent too big assuming bc of cfls) are pretty developed but the lower portions are still very small and scraggly.

-Should i flush for a week then trim all of the top buds/colas that are developed and then allow the bottome smaller nugs to grow? My closet is about 4 feet wide and 2 feet in depth but the height is more then enough. Because it is kind of narrow the lights really dont hit the bottom portions as well and because of this i am wondering if trimming and allowing for more growth would be smart.

Like i said this is my first indoor grow and the CfLs arent really high powered so i am not expecting a high yield but i can tell and hope this will be good buds. Locations are covered in crystals and hairs and looks really healthy, i just dont really know where to go from here and could use the help! Thanks

Hi CabbanaNick23, I must have read this information on harvest a dozen times and found all the answers to my questions. You may have already read it, just thought I would point you in its direction.

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

Hope it helps and all goes well.

Let me know how you got on I have just flipped my first grow to 12/12 so got a few weeks before I get to where you are.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom