Indoor Durban Poison Clones In Coco, First Time Cloning & Using Coco

Canuckush

This is part 2 of my first time growing my own, in my first journal they are Durban Poison in soil, I've taken 4 cuttings from the plants and 2 have survived.
These 2 are from the same top of one plant that I accidentally broke.
I started them in Jiffy pods and have now transplanted them in coco in fabric pots.
20190602_145017.jpg
20190602_144536(1).jpg
20190602_144506.jpg
20190602_144459(1).jpg

I used 1 slab from the coco brick, the first container I used was to small to get a proper soak and mix
20190602_164815.jpg
20190602_155348.jpg
20190602_144638.jpg

The clones will also be in fabric pots, also a first for me.
20190602_171233.jpg

I'm in. I want to see how tall this thing gets.

Did you use good brick coco? Cheap stuff needs to be flushed super well or it plays up. If it has an RHP stamp or says buffered etc you should be ok.
If you start getting burn like over nute but feeding only a lil , it may be salt in coco that makes it look like that....just a tip, learnt the hard way. Lol.

Any coco questions let me know and Welcome fellow coco grower.

Welcome @Alafornia I'm so curious at how they will differ in growth from the 2 mediums! Although these 2 are not from seed and have a jump start in veg.

@Lowrider72 thank you for the information, unfortunately coco products are slim to almost none in my neck of the woods, I was actually surprised to see it in the garden centre. There was no such stamp only an environmentally conscious product stamp. Anything else would have to be ordered online. Poor planning led to this purchase because I didn't want to wait the extra week for a delivery.
I do though want to use proper nutrients for coco, any pointers is greatly appreciated!

I forgot to mention that I'm currently going to use a hydro nutrients, 10-5-10 that also has calcium and magnesium.
I was thinking of ordering fox farm or Dyna grow.

Hey mate, no probs. Sometimes its whats available. Go coco nutes, hydro nutes will be ok for a bit but contain more salts, will have to flush regularly or use drip clean with feeds.
Starting out, why not try a starter pack, usually enough for one grow.
House and Garden do a decent one for coco. All depends what you can get, Canna ia decent, Nutrifield

Hey mate, no probs. Sometimes its whats available. Go coco nutes, hydro nutes will be ok for a bit but contain more salts, will have to flush regularly or use drip clean with feeds.
Starting out, why not try a starter pack, usually enough for one grow.
House and Garden do a decent one for coco. All depends what you can get, Canna ia decent, Nutrifield
All right, thanks for the information, I'll look for some online, absolutely nothing here in this little town for proper nutes, medium and such. Online is the only way.

Hey @Canuckush looking forward to see how these turn out! :yahoo: Will you be growing them out the same style, or will you be trying out some different training techniques on them to compare? Healthy roots on those clones! :yummy:

that will do nice mate, get that and pk 13/14, that will get you started.
Thank you again!

Hey @Canuckush looking forward to see how these turn out! :yahoo: Will you be growing them out the same style, or will you be trying out some different training techniques on them to compare? Healthy roots on those clones! :yummy:
Thanks IL, I honestly haven't decided what to do with these clones yet, yes I was surprised to see how furry these roots look! Mildly proud of the little girls!

A surprise delivery today, part A came in the mail, it's 2 weeks early as to their delivery notification but it's 1 of 2 so part B is on the way, I hope it arrives tomorrow!
Just had one watering since the transplant, due for another one according to pot weight.
Also since the transplant day there has not been one sunny day, overcast, rain and wind, you'd think it's autumn not late spring weather!

Attachments

• 20190610_135839.jpg
    20190610_135839.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 180
Come on Coco nutes B!
hehe.
That stuff will make all the difference Canuck, and formulated more for coco.
There is a difference between hydro and coco nutes. Just mostly in the amount of salts used to prevent build up.
Go hard son!

Come on Coco nutes B!
hehe.
That stuff will make all the difference Canuck, and formulated more for coco.
There is a difference between hydro and coco nutes. Just mostly in the amount of salts used to prevent build up.
Go hard son!
Yes, chomping at the bit here! Coco B and some sunshine are needed!!
Thanks for explaining the difference, learning and more learning!

Happy growing!

Day 15 in coco and still on a water only feed since the coco B hasn't arrived yet via snail mail, I am concerned that today I noticed some mildew growing on the side of the fabric pots. I did have some green onions in a pot near it by the window that died shortly after transplant, I think there was something wrong with that soil, they went to mold and I believe they effected these fabric pots. I have since tossed out the green onions and soil.
These 2 sit by the window all day getting a 90° turn occasionally, I haven't really had a chance to harden them off to spend a few hours outside due to the ongoing construction at our townhouse and that a painting contract is taking up a lot of my time.
What can be done about the mildew?
20190617_093312.jpg
20190617_093301.jpg

For the moment I just wiped it off with a clean cloth, hopefully I can get some fresh air blowing through later today or tomorrow and it doesn't come back.

Hey Canuckush, you can use a 40/60 milk & water mix and pray it and it should take care of the milew - if you’ve got a fungicide spray or can get one by the store that will work too :yummy:

Hey Canuckush, you can use a 40/60 milk & water mix and pray it and it should take care of the milew - if you’ve got a fungicide spray or can get one by the store that will work too :yummy:
Ok, I'll look for some fungicide spray, if not then I'll try the milk/water spray mix, that's interesting, thanks!

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom