Indoor Durban Poison In Soil, First Time Grower

By the way, one of the girls is moving to a new home later today, I didn't think all would survive to this point so to stay in the limit I have to give one away. Kind of a sad feeling. Lol!

By the way, one of the girls is moving to a new home later today, I didn't think all would survive to this point so to stay in the limit I have to give one away. Kind of a sad feeling. Lol!
It's always a nice feeling blessing a mate with a healthy plant :yummy: It'll be cool to compare your smokes!

It's always a nice feeling blessing a mate with a healthy plant :yummy: It'll be cool to compare your smokes!
Yes, I didn't think of that, it'll be interesting, he may finish the grow in his greenhouse.

One of the girls was damaged a while back and I've propped it up hoping it'll heal in a big knuckle like the other one did, it stayed healthy and the top continued to grow, but as I had to move everything out I inspected it closely and realized that it was only held on by a thin strip of outer layer. So I topped it to try save the lower plant. I've put the top in a glass of water to see if it'll grow a root. Here's how it looks before (with the bamboo support) and after.
20190515_131332.jpg
20190515_131252.jpg
20190515_130655.jpg

Hey @Canuckush - I’d clone those two nodes from the top separately so you get two clones out of it. Looks healthy, have you got any coco or jiffy pads to put them into? :ganjamon:

Hey @Canuckush - I’d clone those two nodes from the top separately so you get two clones out of it. Looks healthy, have you got any coco or jiffy pads to put them into? :ganjamon:
Thanks for the direction, and no at the moment I do not have either, also I've never cloned before, it's all new to me.

Hey Slowpuffer, yes that's something I've read too, I went with MG because of availability, where I live there aren't many options and the garden centers and greenhouses were not fully stocked or operational yet, I was going to use Sunshine Mix#4.
Hey, with a little love and proper nutes, ya never know! Could be a great grow or a no show ! Good luck

Hey, with a little love and proper nutes, ya never know! Could be a great grow or a no show ! Good luck
Yes, thanks, if I don't kill these before harvest and manage a half decent harvest I'll be happy for my very first grow.
Wanting to try either an auto for the next one or try an indica in coco next.

Yes, thanks, if I don't kill these before harvest and manage a half decent harvest I'll be happy for my very first grow.
Wanting to try either an auto for the next one or try an indica in coco next.

Hey Canuckusk - what’s the reason for wanting to do the auto next? :ganjamon:
Unless you are pressed for time - rather take the the time and grow the photoperiod. Auto strains generally have quite a lower THC, your yield is quite lower, you can not clone them or always train them like you’d want like a photo, the genetics have been played with so much - unless there is a strain that is auto only then it’s understandable. Just my two cents :yummy:

Hey Canuckusk - what’s the reason for wanting to do the auto next? :ganjamon:
Unless you are pressed for time - rather take the the time and grow the photoperiod. Auto strains generally have quite a lower THC, your yield is quite lower, you can not clone them or always train them like you’d want like a photo, the genetics have been played with so much - unless there is a strain that is auto only then it’s understandable. Just my two cents :yummy:
Well, being that it is my very first foray into the growing game, I'd like to try my hand at all of the possibilities, see which I'd prefer, the wife and I smoke medicinally for pains, arthritis and such, and not daily, so a 50 gram yield would go a long way between the 2 of us.
I'd like to try grow an indica, auto or a micro, see what suits us and go from there, truth be told if this fails miserably and I only get 50 grams of decent bud I'd still give 40 of it away to our families that smoke. That's what I do when I find a good smoke.

Well, being that it is my very first foray into the growing game, I'd like to try my hand at all of the possibilities, see which I'd prefer, the wife and I smoke medicinally for pains, arthritis and such, and not daily, so a 50 gram yield would go a long way between the 2 of us.
I'd like to try grow an indica, auto or a micro, see what suits us and go from there, truth be told if this fails miserably and I only get 50 grams of decent bud I'd still give 40 of it away to our families that smoke. That's what I do when I find a good smoke.
I probably give about half of what I grow away to family and friends they like it lol!:)

My first attempt at cloning, @irie lion I split the top as suggested and put them in Jiffy to make 2 clones, as well as the other ones, left one a bit big and see what works for me. I split the ends as well. Learning by trial and error as I go. Unfortunately no root gel anywhere in this town, more like a western outpost.
Look at the color on those fan leaves, ha
20190516_122531.jpg
20190516_122420.jpg
20190516_120759.jpg
20190516_120044.jpg
rd to believe that those were being kept alive by a narrow strip of outer layer.

Nice job on the cloning @Canuckush those cuts are looking very healthy! :yummy: Keep them under lighting - nothing too strong. I mist my jiffy pads every day or second day, and remove the dome for 10 mins a day. No need to spray/mist the cuttings, only keep the jiffy pad moist. Keep that humidity high in the dome, and you should have roots coming from your jiffy’s in the next 7-14 days :bravo:

Nice job on the cloning @Canuckush those cuts are looking very healthy! :yummy: Keep them under lighting - nothing too strong. I mist my jiffy pads every day or second day, and remove the dome for 10 mins a day. No need to spray/mist the cuttings, only keep the jiffy pad moist. Keep that humidity high in the dome, and you should have roots coming from your jiffy’s in the next 7-14 days :bravo:
Ok, thanks for the direction, very helpful and much appreciated. Do they need 24/0 light or can I do 16/8, 18/6?

Ok, thanks for the direction, very helpful and much appreciated. Do they need 24/0 light or can I do 16/8, 18/6?
Only a pleasure :snowboating: I run my clones 24/0 but have had perfect results running 16/8 too.

Things have somewhat settled down here so at day 67 yesterday I switched to 12/12, I'll be trying a soil amendment bloom nutrient, 2-7-7 that contains basalt rock dust, bone meal, feather meal, fishbone meal, fossilized carbon complex, glacial rock dust, greensand, gypsum, insect frass, kelp meal, mined potassium sulphate, mineralized phosphate, oyster shell flour and rock phosphate.
Ph is split, 2 @ 7 and the other 2 @ 6.5
Average temperature at 22, humidity at 70%.
20190521_121552.jpg

Sounds good to me :nomo: Plants are looking healthy going into flip @Canuckush :yummy::morenutes:

That’s correct - my grows at 45-55% throughout flower and I have been able to avoid bud rot but obviously each ones environment is different. Just try keep it below 60% and you’ll be good. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom