Indoor flowering to outdoor flowering

Haydut

Hi,

I have 4 plants. I've been growing it for two months.
Now entering the flowering period (12/12)
If I get these plants outdoor. Do they complete the flowering period? Is the outdoor flowering complete without problems? Would there be any problem?

Hi Haydut, Welcome to 420.

Depends where you live and time of year. I assume it's warm enough or you wouldn't be asking.

In northern hemisphere main issue is light cycle. With 8 weeks of flower they will be finishing in April when days are longer than 12 hours and rapidly increasing in length. Cannabis evolved to flower during a shortening light cycle. Don't know what effect lengthening days would have. Each week past that greatly increases risk of weirdness I would think.

Southern hemisphere good on light cycle, but plants would still have to adjust to more intense light and other environmental changes when you want them to focus on flowering. So I still wouldn't do it.

I'm speaking from theory mostly on this, so if someone else has done it then go with their advice. Eager to see what others have to say.

Hi Haydut, Welcome to 420.

Depends where you live and time of year. I assume it's warm enough or you wouldn't be asking.

In northern hemisphere main issue is light cycle. With 8 weeks of flower they will be finishing in April when days are longer than 12 hours and rapidly increasing in length. Cannabis evolved to flower during a shortening light cycle. Don't know what effect lengthening days would have. Each week past that greatly increases risk of weirdness I would think.

Southern hemisphere good on light cycle, but plants would still have to adjust to more intense light and other environmental changes when you want them to focus on flowering. So I still wouldn't do it.

I'm speaking from theory mostly on this, so if someone else has done it then go with their advice. Eager to see what others have to say.

Thank you for the reply.

I live in northern hemisphere.
Daylight becomes maximum 12-14 hours. I am really curious about the answer to this question.
Any other ideas?

This is my 2nd year doing a Spring grow. As Kingston Rabbi said above obviously your day and night temps are warm enough to move the plants outdoor. If it's warm enough then they should start flowering with the Spring Equinox which this year is 20th March.

You would need to gradually harden the plants to outdoor conditions by bringing them outdoors for increasing lengths of time during the day for about a week, to ten days, after which you should be able to leave them out without any problems.

I have 3 plants indoors waiting for the weather to warm up, then I'll start the hardening process and they will probably go out permanently at the end of February, but that will be determined by the temperature.

Good luck

This is my 2nd year doing a Spring grow. As Kingston Rabbi said above obviously your day and night temps are warm enough to move the plants outdoor. If it's warm enough then they should start flowering with the Spring Equinox which this year is 20th March.

You would need to gradually harden the plants to outdoor conditions by bringing them outdoors for increasing lengths of time during the day for about a week, to ten days, after which you should be able to leave them out without any problems.

I have 3 plants indoors waiting for the weather to warm up, then I'll start the hardening process and they will probably go out permanently at the end of February, but that will be determined by the temperature.

Good luck

I think you misunderstand.

I want to finish the outdoor plant that started to flowering into the indoor.

Back
Top Bottom