Indoor Girl Scout Cookies Grow 2019: My First

Super Cropping is something you can always do, but the scrog makes it nice cause you can hold them in place where you want them. Also, I've read about some scroggers using two scrogs. One low for early shaping and growth, a second for stability and weight of the flowers.

I've tried a scrog twice, first time was going good, but them had some issues and she finished for the trim jar. Second one just frustrated me, but I was trying to grow several plants at the same time and it just didn't work. I'd also recommend making your own scrog and making squares from 3-4 inches apart. If you decide to make your own then use dimensions at least 6 inches shy of your max foot print. That allows for 3"s per side of float. You can use zip ties to mount it to your tent frame for the low (first one) and then pulleys for the second, if you choose to try two.

Happy to Help a Brutha Out!!!!!

:high-five:

Update!

Plant is doing pretty good. Got some yellow and black leaves think I got a ph problem.
My run off was at 5.7 ph so I’ll be correcting that.

Everything else is good so far.

When I first started out I would feed once a week and water once a week to help flush out salts and such. Not sure how thirsty your girl is.

I like your plan try that for a couple of feedings and see how she does. Hopefully it will be close to 6.5. Take notes with every feeding, ph feed before and run off after, look for the pattern.

Disclaimer, I grow in coco and my PH always drops after it goes through. I imagine soil is similar, so starting a bit higher to adjust may work better. I would stay at 6.8 as that's near the top end of optimal ph for cannabis.

Water Day!

Plant seems to be fine . Couple more yellow leaves here and there not sure what’s up with that. I put my pH 6.8 this time. The run off was still 5.9 so not quite there, but I am close. Also not sure if what I’m testing is an accurate run off. It’s the water that sits in the bottom, is this correct ? Pictures below.

Addressing your PH issue. The way I do it is to make sure the catch is empty. After I've mixed and PH'd the nutes, I'll feed the plant to at least 20% run off. I collect all of the run off into a clean container and then pour off a little into a clean glass. I PH that runoff from the same feeding might even do it twice. Also, be sure to calibrate your PH Pen every couple of days.

6.8 in got you 5.9 out? I'd continue this route and wait to see a change. Once you notice the PH start to raise you may want to back down the PH of your nutes as you don't want them to swing the other way. Once you see the shift drop your nutes to 6.5 for a couple of feedings and see if the PH continues to raise.

If you don't see a rise in PH then you could up it a bit more. Because you're in soil and you may see a more cumulative affect of raising the nutrients, less may be more.

The most important component to this, "Is the plant healthy? Are you creating a problem or solving one?"

Aside from a few unhealthy leaves if the plant is healthy I wouldn't worry too much?

You know InTheShed doesn't PH his stuff at all and he's in soil, he even recycles it too, if I'm not mistaken. That means the soil has no nutes and he's adding everything as he feeds.

You're getting pretty far into flower and some yellowing is going to happen. It could be a PH issue but you're working to raise that, maybe you can leave the PH higher so you can raise it faster...? That's what I'm gonna be doing, but I'm in coco. I was checking some run off last night and I'm a bit low too, mid 5's. You can bump the nitrogen up a bit that may help or try floralicous, a 1/8 tsp for either per gallon.

Also, wanted to let you know I was talking with InTheShed about super cropping. You absolutely did right and again I want to let you I'm sorry. Any how, I did exactly what you did to my Northern Lights and she's bouncing back like a champ. I'll be damned!!!!!

Your plant looks great, keep bringing up the PH to around 6.2 -6.5 runoff. And think about a nitro bump or some Floralicous.

I PH every mix to around 6.2-6.5, and my runoff was at 5.3 last night. I'll correct it but worrying aint gonna do shit, so I just go one feeding at a time and give her love in between meals. Remember she's gonna eat some of her own leaves as they start to wither she's pulling the nutes back, wait till there dry and wrinkled, then pluck'em.

Not enough light gettin to those leaves maybe?

You're Cruisin!

:surf:

You're getting pretty far into flower and some yellowing is going to happen. It could be a PH issue but you're working to raise that, maybe you can leave the PH higher so you can raise it faster...? That's what I'm gonna be doing, but I'm in coco. I was checking some run off last night and I'm a bit low too, mid 5's. You can bump the nitrogen up a bit that may help or try floralicous, a 1/8 tsp for either per gallon.

Also, wanted to let you know I was talking with InTheShed about super cropping. You absolutely did right and again I want to let you I'm sorry. Any how, I did exactly what you did to my Northern Lights and she's bouncing back like a champ. I'll be damned!!!!!

Your plant looks great, keep bringing up the PH to around 6.2 -6.5 runoff. And think about a nitro bump or some Floralicous.

I PH every mix to around 6.2-6.5, and my runoff was at 5.3 last night. I'll correct it but worrying aint gonna do shit, so I just go one feeding at a time and give her love in between meals. Remember she's gonna eat some of her own leaves as they start to wither she's pulling the nutes back, wait till there dry and wrinkled, then pluck'em.

Not enough light gettin to those leaves maybe?

You're Cruisin!

:surf:

I think you were right on point with the super-cropping thing, don’t be sorry those buds are nice and frosty you helped me out at the perfect time.(like always) I really am glad I followed your advice!!

i’m going to try to slowly bump the pH up since it’s not that bad. Also I think you are right I need more nitrogen I will have to wait until the end of the week to buy any new products.

Last night I learned that I have been watering the wrong way . I’ve been watering like I did in the vegetative stage which is not the same for flower.(learned this powerful info last night) I’m going to start watering more often and see if that helps as well.

Your plant looks amazing by the way! Time to head over to your journals!!
:thanks:

I think you were right on point with the super-cropping thing, don’t be sorry those buds are nice and frosty you helped me out at the perfect time.(like always) I really am glad I followed your advice!! Time to head over to your journals!!
:thanks:

Thanks Liam, I appreciate and you're welcome too!

Pics up later today, gonna do a full garden update. Finish will suffer but there will be lots of pics. PHOTO BOMB!!!!!!

Teaching and learning man, we all do it all the time...

:passitleft::high-five:

Hey liam been a minute since ive been back but seems everything is going well. Yellowing is a normal process into flowering so i wouldnt be to quick to add or change anything. Seems like they are mostly on lower levels anyhow. Heres a pic of some cheese i grew with the yellow. In terms of runoff in soil i think the most important part is whats going in and not being overly concerned with ph of the runoff unless its way outta wack. Coco is much different.

Attachments

• 20190404_205028.jpg
    20190404_205028.jpg
    988.4 KB · Views: 46
Hey liam been a minute since ive been back but seems everything is going well. Yellowing is a normal process into flowering so i wouldnt be to quick to add or change anything. Seems like they are mostly on lower levels anyhow. Heres a pic of some cheese i grew with the yellow. In terms of runoff in soil i think the most important part is whats going in and not being overly concerned with ph of the runoff unless its way outta wack. Coco is much different.

Aye! Cmoney! Thanks for the reassurance and advice. Everyone has been telling me don’t chase ph in run off. I’m still going to ph to 6.5 just to raise it a little bit no big change.

Super Cropping is something you can always do, but the scrog makes it nice cause you can hold them in place where you want them. Also, I've read about some scroggers using two scrogs. One low for early shaping and growth, a second for stability and weight of the flowers.

Super cropping is always worth it imo... once you get over the fear of breaking your beautiful girls :oops: .
I will be super cropping all the way up to my scrog net, well thats the plan anyway lol

Back
Top Bottom