Indoor Girl Scout Cookies Grow 2019: My First

Shocked about the flush, I was too. But if you think about it nothing about the buds is gonna change that much over 72 hours if you flush before harvest. You're basically stressing the plant, unnecessarily, right before harvest. Think about a cherry tree, if you were going to harvest cherries wouldn't you want them at their peak. Pick'em right from the tree and enjoy some fresh cherries!

I've started mixing up my own bloom booster for the last couple of weeks of flower, more of an off the cuff idea about what the plants need. I remember little bits and pieces I've picked up along the way. This morning I mixed up a gallon with (all tsp) General Hydroponics

1/4 Flora Blend, 1 bloom, 1/2 micro, 1 Kool Bloom, 1/2 flora nectar, 1/8 Floralicous, 2 Calmag, 1 Armor Si' . This was for my Ultra Lemon Haze Auto. She's about 2.5 weeks from term, but I'm not sure I'll be ready to take her. I'm thinking I'll let her ripen up a bit more. But now you got me thinkin bout some heavier stuff. Get some ambers. Maybe 30%.

I gotta a couple, few several plants I can use as amber testers. I've got a clone going, Berry Bomb, pretty sure she's gonna make it, but she's not quite at a week yet, she's lookin sooper dooper!

Thank you so much for the help!!! I read up a lot today! No judgment and appreciate the advice but I won’t be washing my buds, something I just couldn’t do to my buds haha :laugh: very good post though! It will be hard not to touch the buds but I’m going to cure for a month. I know it’s worth it. I like the idea of keeping a sample. I’m going to let my trichomes get 80% amber. I have a really high tolerance and use cannabis for sleep.

hairs are getting more and more orange faster. Considering cutting nutes off soon. I don’t see any amber trichomes yet.
I couldn't bring myself to wash either but I see that most of the more advanced growers do. I'll try it in the future once I have the basics down.

It's not that big a deal. I had WPM my first grow and had to wash all my buds from every harvest cause I'd never fully gotten rid of it. Any ways, it's not that big a deal.

I had to wash b/c of WPM, but this is a good & safe wash for your buds. I do one for every harvest. Here's a link to the video.

Update!

Plant has been doing well as far as I can tell, smells and looks better each day. Been really busy with some things I got going on so haven’t had much time to post on here or even look around. Really have been missing it haha.

Big news! I’m getting some amber trichomes so that means I’m closer to harvest! Really really excited. Haven’t cut back on sugar for feeding but nutes are at 50% and I want to go down to 25%.

Gonna wait for for 50% Or more Amber trichomes and then go for a dark period for 24-48 hours. Hoping for only a few more days left!!

Looks great Liam :snowboating::bravo:

I went and looked at your journal. Love your plants they look really good!
Thanks!
Thanks for checking it out and the kind words Liam! :ganjamon:

Indicas are gonna be more sedate and sativas more uplifting. More amber is more sleepy or heavier stone. I just made sleeping meds from some Berry Bomb, Indica. Didn’t have much amburz at all, 2 gelly’s and im out in thirty.

Update!

Plant seems to be doing well, starting to see amber trichomes everywhere. Going to harvest in two days I think.

Been cutting back on nutrients but not going to fully flush!

Everything looks great, realized I haven’t been paying attention to my pot, think I got some mold.

Hopefully my plants not ruined by what I think is mold. Let me know if I should chop down immediately!

Photos of everything below!!

Awesome looking buds Liam :yahoo::bongrip:
I don't think you need to worry about the mold on your pot making its way up to your buds - seems your ventilation is good, so keep your humidity down the last two days and your buds should be mold free. You can always do a bud wash after harvest before hanging them up to dry just to be sure you'e safe.
Anyway exciting times as your harvest nears, did you have any goals on the yield?

Not sure but that looks like salt residue on your pots. If so it is not a problem.

I agree and was gonna say salts. Ive heard salts are the delivery system used for a lot of nutrients.

Awesome looking buds Liam :yahoo::bongrip:
I don't think you need to worry about the mold on your pot making its way up to your buds - seems your ventilation is good, so keep your humidity down the last two days and your buds should be mold free. You can always do a bud wash after harvest before hanging them up to dry just to be sure you'e safe.
Anyway exciting times as your harvest nears, did you have any goals on the yield?

Yeah I also didn’t water as much just by a little just Incase.
I’m super excited ! My goal was to keep the plant alive lol! But 2oz dry bud would be really nice. We will have to see!

Back
Top Bottom