Indoor Girl Scout Cookies Grow 2019: My First

Those are gonns yeild good for you man! They look thick’n chunky! How do they smell?

Smell so delicious! Didn’t run a filter , whole house smells like a dispensary. I’m not so much worried about yield quantity as I am quality.

Lights just came on about a half hour ago, definitely seeing a lot more Amber trichomes and I’m ready to chop it down. Should I do a dark period? heard it’s good for the quality. I was thinking 24 to 48 hours after the lights cut off tomorrow. Other than that just not gonna water and wait to chop.

Harvest in the morning (whatever day), i dont know if dark cycle of any length matters. You can hold water a couple days before chop, be ready to chop early just in case. :slide:
Do you mean harvest as soon as the lights come on or in the morning for me ? I was pretty sure you meant the lights but I was curious as to why? :laugh::laugh:

The lights cut on at 4 AM so I’m not really trying to wake up and harvest Then.

Hey Liam - I know @Emilya may be able to explain the benefits of a 48h darkness period before harvest to you as this is something she has tried and tested and is still doing it. :ganjamon:

Do you mean harvest as soon as the lights come on or in the morning for me ? I was pretty sure you meant the lights but I was curious as to why? :laugh::laugh:

The lights cut on at 4 AM so I’m not really trying to wake up and harvest Then.
After your 48h darkness you obviously will not be exposing them to your light setup again, so just wake up normally on your mornings and chop it. An extra 4 hours darkness sure won’t hurt. :yummy:

Hey Liam - I know @Emilya may be able to explain the benefits of a 48h darkness period before harvest to you as this is something she has tried and tested and is still doing it. :ganjamon:
Yes, I have confirmed with experimentation that there is a benefit to a 36 hour darkness period as we are going into the flip, and at the end, right before we harvest. The 36 hours at the end serves to convince the plant that it is indeed the end of the world and that to continue the species, all final effort must be put into those buds. Double blind tests show a marked improvement in the trichomes during that 36 hours, vs one left in the light to finish up.

After your 48h darkness you obviously will not be exposing them to your light setup again, so just wake up normally on your mornings and chop it. An extra 4 hours darkness sure won’t hurt. :yummy:

Thanks so much for the information and help! It’s in its dark period right now! I didn’t seem to find many people that were big on it but finally someone who agrees!

Yes, I have confirmed with experimentation that there is a benefit to a 36 hour darkness period as we are going into the flip, and at the end, right before we harvest. The 36 hours at the end serves to convince the plant that it is indeed the end of the world and that to continue the species, all final effort must be put into those buds. Double blind tests show a marked improvement in the trichomes during that 36 hours, vs one left in the light to finish up.

Awesome thank you so much. I will leave if for 36-48hrs. My plant must know it’s time to die and get in my pipe. :laugh:
Also thank you for your watering guide!

Hey Liam! Congrats on the harvest :yahoo::yummy::goof::rollit:
Looks like you've got some quality smoke on the way. How'd those cookies smell while harvesting?

Hey Liam, after the cure is done or at least a couple weeks in you should do a smoke and strain report. Just follow that link and the create a new thread. Drop a link to your report here and ask @Amadeus Forzin to move your journal over to the completed journals section. I'm still following, you're almost there man, now the real waiting begins...

Hey Liam, after the cure is done or at least a couple weeks in you should do a smoke and strain report. Just follow that link and the create a new thread. Drop a link to your report here and ask @Amadeus Forzin to move your journal over to the completed journals section. I'm still following, you're almost there man, now the real waiting begins...

Thanks so much Agemon! :high-five: I will make sure to finish up a report in a month after cure. Thank you for all the info I appreciate! Couldn’t have done it without you! You’re right tho it’s so hard not to try smoking those buds. Now to pick my next seeds

You're all good Liam it's part of the process, it's almost like a freshly-cut-grass kinda smell :laugh: Even once you throw your buds in the jars for curing, it will take a week or two for those terpenes to come through again.

Back
Top Bottom