Indoor Grow - Mini-Greenhouse Grow Box

mcdholdem

DAY #1 - Germinating Seeds and Preparation

> Ingredients:
> 10 seeds (not sure strain, but last run was a great smoke)
> 6 yogurt cups
> 1 small plastic container with lid
> 2 paper-towels
> 1 ziplock bag
> 1 bag of perlite
> 1 bag of potting soil

First I soaked the seeds for a little while, but didn't let them sink to the bottom of cup they were in. I then put the damp seeds in a damp paper towel. I folded the towel and placed it into a little zip lock bag and put that on my wireless router for heat. I didn't seal the bag either.

I also created a little greenhouse that I believe will work great. There are 6 yogurt containers (washed well) in the bottom of a plastic container with a lid. I put perlite all around the containers and added enough water to the perlite to soak it up and keep the container humid.

Hopefully in a day or two I will transplant the seedlings into their cups. I made the greenhouse now and put it under a light to make sure it is working properly. I have never used this technique before. The last time I used a greenhouse for seedlings it was outside, and I put a glass cup over the top of the pot (That worked very well, and was needed to keep bugs and critters away. It also doubled as a humidity catcher)

I will very frequently update this journal. I would love any help or advice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
PHOTOS

Seeds:
10-06-09_Seeds.jpg

Mini-Greenhouse:
10-06-09_Container_Pic.jpg

Potting Soil:
miracle_grow.jpg

Perlite:
perlite1.jpg

how deeep are the yogurt cups?? what kinda light are you using? any ferts?? lol sorry if i ask to many questions

Not sure exactly how deep the cups are. The are standard 1 cup yogurt cups. Not the larger sized ones. I will be using 2 T12 Fluorescent lights to start them off with. I won't be adding any fertilizer at all while they are young. They just don't need any until they are older. The soil came with Plant Food in it, and that hasn't ever bothered my plants at all while seedlings. Don't worry about asking me questions, how else is there going to be good weed around to smoke? We can all teach each other. I hope I answered your Q's though

I am getting some pH testers very soon for my other plant that used the same soil. Maybe I will try another brand of soil. You know what, that sounds like thats what I am going to do. I will go out tonight or tomorrow and grab it. BEFORE I transport them. Thanks for the tip.

the miracle grow isnt bad to keep mothers in but there is no way to flush it when you bud the plants... there was a great page on this sight about what to do if you do use miracle grow...cant remember where i saw it.
basically if you use it,dont fertilize while in veg and if you do make it dilute, for bloom only add micro and bloom nutes. the pH wont be too bad if you just add tap water or rain water because its pH should be around 7 and when added to the miracle grow will balance somewhere in the ph6 range

i used miracle grow my first run and i hate it. i burnt my plants to death because i added nutes (didnt have pH meter either, finally get one and pH was somewhere around 4), i got low yield, a headache if i smoke a lot at once, and taste was pretty harsh. i ended up turning it all into honey oil so i didnt have to smoke all the fertilizer out of the plant

also flush the hell out of the thing when you get close to harvest... save yourself the trouble and get another soil

yeah MG did alot of damage in my last grow... but ive used Miracle Grow Organic soil mixed in with regular soil and it wasnt bad. cant wait to see more pics!

Back
Top Bottom