Indoor grow questions northwest ohio

mcspade

What Strain is it? ? has been grown by a veteran indoor grower for years, i got clones from him
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? guessing a hybrid
How Many Plants? just two
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 18 days
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size? n/a
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?n/a
If Hydro, what type of Medium? n/a
If Hydro, what type of Setup? n/a
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
If Soil... What Size Pot? 12"
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? (1) mars hrdo reflector 192 x 3 watts
Is it Air Cooled? as needed
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 74
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? do not know
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? so far every weekend and once during the week
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? earth juice grow and bloom with molasses 1 TBS bloom 1 tsp grow 1 tsp molasses, i will quit using grow in about a week
Size or Square Footage of Room? mars hydro tent 39" x 39"

As you can see, the plant on the left looks fine. the plant on the right has issues. they are both clones taken from two different plants. same strain. The middle fan leaves are turning yellow and twisting and curling up a bit. In the last 24 hours it has gotten much worse. i doubt it is PH, i feed and water both plants the same.

I am wondering if the plant the clone came from had issues that are just now showing up. This yellowing started to show up at day 14 of flowering? The plant on the left is nice and green and doing well. Both plants have some nice looking buds forming.

I have 12 plants vegging now, i plan on adding two plants every 4 weeks for a continual grow.
plant_160.jpg

plant_250.jpg

plant_337.jpg

Any assistance will be very, very appreciated.

It looks hungry to me. Maybe nute lock - maybe not enough nutes.
Invest in a Ph pen. If the Ph is wrong it will effect nute take up.

Give up on the organic nutes. Your girls can't tell the difference between an molecule of Nitrogen created in a lab and a molecule of Nitrogen that fell out of a cows bladder. Organics is a delicate dance of many things and very difficult to do - and just not worth it.

~ Auggie ~

PS: Take a look at the thread right below this one ... "organics vs chemical". The organic crowd is firmly entrenched in their beliefs, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for my opinion, but ... there is NO difference between organic and 'chemical' to the plant. Learn how to wash your buds before curing and the flavor is there.

Hi Auggie, thanks for the response. Using Earth Juice I make a tea and the ph tends to be right about where i want it, about 6.5.

I have increased the nutes and I see improvement, these are especially hungry plants I'm finding out. You are correct, the plant is hungry. First time growing them.

I've done organics for a long time and I agree the plant can't tell the difference, but I believe the soil can. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to check the organics vs chemical thread.

I know a couple of organics guys - one grows large, has a 30,000 watt indoor setup. I think he's crazy ... and I tell him so, BUT he grows some dank chit. IMHO it is just more work than it's worth.

You are right, it has everything to do with the relationship between the medium, the plant, and the organics. A synergistic and delicate dance between the three. Difficult for a newbie (or me) to achieve - but when you hit it you do have magic. And it sounds like you've hit it. You guys that been doing it a long time make it look easy, but its not.

I'm glad that all your girls wanted was more, that is an easy fix. "FEED ME DAD".

~ Auggie ~

Auggie- with organics, you are right, it is a delicate balance. What makes it so tough for people is when you make a mistake, it takes a very long time to make corrections. With chems, one can flush and basically start over.

Back
Top Bottom