Indoor Grow Room (Strawberry Cough x AK-47 , Romulan , Lambsbread , Kush)

carp

Hi hows it goin. this is my first time usin the site. I like the grow journal idea. This is my first time were i grow plants were i dont have to give them away or doin it only for a few weeks.

I have a few 15 clones growing and 2 from seeds

Clones:

8 Lambsbread
4 Strawberry Cough x AK-47
3 Romulan

Seeds:
Buddy said theyre are some kind of Kush. Possibly Chocolate. not sure yet.

IF anyone has any information at all id appreciate it. Everythings in a 4ft x 4ft grow tent indoors. Ill post pictures soon. Theres a 250w Metal Halide for the plants ready for veg. below that is 2 flourescents(I originally had 4 tubes but now i got the 250w MHand only got the two seedlings and one Lambsbread that was a little slower so i really only need 2). Theres a fan thats pulling air out(had it pulling in but the 250w isnt air cooled so it heats up pretty bad). I keep the lights off during the day so that the temperature stays no higher than 86 degrees. I have a 600w HPS thats gonna go on a light mover when its time and a 1000w MH/HPS switchable that will also be going on a mover when i get it.

Everything was lookin fine but all the new growth leaves are yellow and some leaves have died off. First i thought it was nitrogen and thats not really makin a difference when i boosted up the nutrient level. Oh and my buddy is helping me out, has his card and has been growin some killer shit for a few years. Im caretaking for a few family members actually.

More Pics Up Soon

tmpphpBn8jQJ.jpg

tmpphprbfxm5.jpg

tmpphpRuDKYv.jpg

tmpphp1lKNKY.jpg

tmpphpIxCBCT.jpg

tmpphpKxKsD4.jpg

Thanks. I just dont like how the leaves are yellowing. But this set is like an experiment. See what i need to do better and figure out a few tricks. It looks ghetto i know. Half of them are in those big Coca-Cola cups with holes drilled in the bottom cause i wanted somethin that would get the roots deeper that way there not fightin for space.thats why there wrapped so no sun hits the roots. But i guess it could be worse.

Heres a picture of the nutrients and one of the lights im gonna use. 600w HPS
I found a 1000w MH/HPS switchable ballast that comes with a hood similiar to the one i have now. How bout $315. prolly not the best deal but i thought it was good. Plus both have a 5 year warranty. They even give you a loaner while its gettin fixed so only a few hours down time.
tmpphpCDl99B.jpg

Heres the lower level for the baby ones.
tmpphpIARCFE.jpg

Heres the first seedling. Some kind of Kush(buddy told me a name but lets keep an open mind til we can tell what it is)
tmpphp9Usx3j.jpg

Heres the only other seedling that sprouted and made it(same thing dont know the name but its a different kind of kush than the other one)
tmpphpO5dQmY.jpg

I should be gettin the other ballast and hood pretty soon. and prolly the light mover. I was thinkin about that Hydrofarm light mover. its only $99. so if you got any info or opinions let me know
More pics comin when theres progress or new equipment

Hey, cool grow.. I can't wait so see what your rom turns out like,

this is how mine looks... i love that strain

DSC012151.JPG

very dank.. and it is pretty forgiving, and easy to grow, if you have any questions your at the best site, i got a lot of my answers from here

So i took some more clones last night.

12 Lambsbread
12 Starwberry Cough x AK-47
9 Romulan

I came back to look at them this morning and they look like crap. All the clones from the first set are alive(almost all even though they look hideous and partially yellowed). My buddy whos been helpin me out brought over another set a week or two ago and they dried and crisped out over night. Never came back with any signs of life. I just did a set last night and now they look like crap. Its weird cause from what ive read they droop and look bad and can come back within 24hrs. But my first set never showed any signs of drooping.

First set was just cut and placed in rockwool(or some other brand but same concept.buddy supplied em). Then i used some liquid stuff from clonex that you mix up in water. Seemed to do fine. took a while to root but oh well there alive

2nd set my buddy did and brought over in some jiffy cubes. Used same stuff from clonex and died over night and never came back.

newest set are in rockwool. Buddy brought over a brand new bottle of some clonex stuff but this time it was gel(Thought gel was the way to go). Well i look at em this morning and thyre all drooped over and arent quite dead but will be by the end of the day. Cubes were presoaked. Under two flourescents. i even masked of the lower level of the grow room with black thick trash bags to keep humidity higher and light reflection a little better.

Any info would be appreciated. Cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong. Or maybe im just gettin some clippings from the wrong part of the mother. Let me know what you think. I can post pictures later if needed.

Pics would help. Are you clipping the leaves of the clones in half? This helps the plant concentrate on rooting instead of sending all of it's energy to the leaves. You need to use a cloned dome, and keep your humidity up for the entire rooting length of time. If they are in the open, they won't live. They need 80+ percent humidity.

and some clone a lot easier then others... I've found the romulan to be kinda tricky to clone, while i have a sativa that clones so fast and easy, so it all depends.

I did cut the leaves. There not in a dome. Dont have funds for one yet. The lower level of the shelving in the tent is masked off with thick black garbage bagging. Its 80 degrees but i tried spraying the whole thing down with a sprayer before and once they were in there to bring up the humidity a little bit. Its just weird cause the first set i did(the ones you see growing) were left in the open and never drooped and i didnt even use the root gel.

Ill post pics tomorrow

Oh and the other weird thing is that not one of the romulan ones died the first time around. The strawberry AK is the tough ones.

Did you get to have a smoke of the Strawberry/AK before you got the clone?
I'll keep watching for sure, as this sounds like a flavoursome varietal!!!

yeah i smoked the romulan and the strawberry ak. ive smoked the lambsbread once or twice i believe. dont really remember. might have been one of those times were i didnt really ask questions just wanted to get it and get high.

its startin to come along a little better now. the yellowing in the leaves is slowly going away. added some sort of granules to help absorb nutrients in the soil better. dont know if thats what it was or if its cause they just need a bigger light and finally started comin along better since i put in the 250w metal halide.

I think you need to have them in a dome and you need to spray them every once in a while to keep the humidity up. The don't have any roots so they only get there water from the leaves. You can get the dome for a couple bucks and any hydro store. Check it out and good luck. + rep

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom