Indoor LED Start - Outdoor Finish - Bag Seed - Soil

Update:
Day 16,
Both plants have recovered from the transplant and are continuing to grow as they were,
I have started the LST and they have both responded well.
The mains stems are now 90 degrees to the soil and the main top is bent toward the light just after one night (pics).
15044624_10155955732097925_2061867125_o.jpg
14971595_10155955732562925_635054570_o.jpg
14971116_10155955732307925_1648092995_o.jpg

130W CFL - Bag Seed - Soil - Mini Grow Tent

Thanks Greenman I hope I can pull a decent yield. I wanted to see how much yield I can get off with cfls or am o gonna have to go to led or hps setup.

When I did my first grow with cfls it did beautiful in veg. and got right through preflower and had to move and couldn't finish. So I have no idea what type of yield I'm looking at

The reason I got a 10 pack of variety auto feminized seeds. I don't won't to start other seeds without knowing what cfls can do.

Are you gonna use cfls through your veg. Greenman then use your 600 led for flowering or are you gonna finish with veg. and flowering?

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I suppose it depends how much you space you have to work with mate,
Iv only got 100cm in height so Iv got no choice but to LST, I'm basically just gonna keep pinning the main stems down using a really strong garden wire until its time to flower then ill use a screen to SCROG the plants, I ended up going for the VIPARSPECTRA 450w LED as the price was incomparable to others.
it will fit my grow space perfectly, they are now on par with HPS and MH in my opinion and you don't have to screw around with cooling and ventilation as much if you only have a small space, I used a 400w HPS previously and it was a nightmare. So I'm now awaiting delivery of my LED then I will finish my veg and flower with that also as the VIPARSPECTRA has switchable spectrums for both stages of the grow.
Im waiting for a delivery from a seed bank also, the chances of getting them are slim here in AUS but I'm going to use those and put these current plants outside and keep then in my updates (if the good seeds arrive), as they are Pyramid Seeds feminised auto "Anesthesia" which my bagseed cant compare to.

Take a look at some of the 300w - 450w LED grows in the grow journals, I was convinced after looking, that LED is the way to go no doubt about it.

This is the one I went for after TONS of review reading and research.
$159 AUD, free delivery.

Day 17,
Both plants have responded really well to LST,
I will start adding nutrients in another 2 days.
15044849_10155958870062925_750571973_o.jpg
14976229_10155958868857925_1664437020_o.jpg

Cheers Bigred,
I really hope they are girls!
I picked the two strongest to take the indoor grow room real estate, if they turn out male Ill have to bring my other (hopefully) girls in from outside and they will get a late start, but whaddayado...
The joys of growing bag-seed lol :thumb:

Have Faith Greenman!!

Hopefully they'll turn out to be beautiful girls.

There's always that chance with bag seed. Just have faith and do less stress as possible. To prevent any hermies.

Anywho your 2 babies are looking good!

Keep it up Nice Growing!!

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sub in to this and watch her grow.. Best of luck.

Day 19,
Very rapid top growth, LST is working very well, my outdoor plants are much taller but with only half the vegetative growth of both indoor plants and both indoor plants are extremely healthy.
15053387_10155970488977925_327490046_o.jpg
15045530_10155970488532925_1336611564_o.jpg

Day 20,
I just wanted to post a comparison of the effects of the indoor CFL growth rate versus the outdoor growth rate.
Both plants are the exact same age, potted on same day in the same soil, both have been fed only one dose of Seasol with Powerfeed (fish emulsion).
I didn't realise the impact that the 18/6 light cycle had especially considering I'm only using the CFL, also my indoor temps are running a little high sitting around 30 degrees C.
I think I will continue to use CFL for veg even upon receiving my 450w LED, not only will this increase the longevity of my LED chips but it also produces very little heat and as you can see almost no stretch (with minimal LST).
Im blown away by the growth rate of the single 130w CFL.

Keep in mind the pot size of the outdoor plant is nearly half the diameter of the indoor pot (for size reference).

Outdoor:
15060462_10155974493417925_1582545040_o.jpg

Indoor:
15034418_10155974493642925_2055330583_o.jpg

Thanks Dhlx :welcome:
I am going to complete this journal if it kills me lol, Im sick of seeing "Abandoned Journals",
If anyone can give me advice, I know these plants are relatively small, but Im considering doing the 12/12 switch fairly soon as I don't have much height to work with, Im not after a huge yield and I need my plants to stay under 80cm in height, I will be flowering all the plants i can fit in the tiny grow tent to "weed" out the males.
Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Hello
Checked your journal out after you commented on mine (blue treacle auto cfl grow)
Looking good, intresting to see and compare.
Are you having an issue with height? What distance is the blb from the plant? My 2 plants seem to be reacting different. 1 is taller than the other, have you noticed any differences in your plants?
Alex

Hi
I just had to fly over your garden to take a peak :thumb:

Interesting compare indoor/outdoor. Let me just read back and see what I have missed.

Edit: I see yo grow the famous Australian breed , no one knows what it is, only that it is good:Namaste: (no insult, it is from a conversation I had with GrizzWald)

Your CFL's can go closer to plant (or plant closer to light) for maximum effect.
Like the light you ordered sees like a good one, and the free delivery was the icing on the cake.:bravo:

I would flip to 12/12 but I have not grown photo period plants for 12+ years so you might be better off with someone elses advice.... :)

Just getting back into growing but with autos....

I will probably do a journal of my summer grow

Yeah I'm heavily considering it mate, link us when you get your journal started, thanks for subbing and thanks for replying.

Hello
Checked your journal out after you commented on mine (blue treacle auto cfl grow)
Looking good, intresting to see and compare.
Are you having an issue with height? What distance is the blb from the plant? My 2 plants seem to be reacting different. 1 is taller than the other, have you noticed any differences in your plants?
Alex

Hi alex,
thanks for coming over for a look mate,
the Blue treacle is looking awesome.
My grow tent is only 100cm tall, so I will continue LST my plants, but I'm wondering if I should wait until my node stems are longer to flower them or just go for it. ill post some pics from today that show my LST and trimming.
My CFL bulb is about 5 inches above my plants, I move the light higher to take pics.
Thanks for subbing, ill take all the advice i can get, mutely appreciated.

Hi
I just had to fly over your garden to take a peak :thumb:

Interesting compare indoor/outdoor. Let me just read back and see what I have missed.

Edit: I see yo grow the famous Australian breed , no one knows what it is, only that it is good:Namaste: (no insult, it is from a conversation I had with GrizzWald)

Your CFL's can go closer to plant (or plant closer to light) for maximum effect.
Like the light you ordered sees like a good one, and the free delivery was the icing on the cake.:bravo:

Hey Angrybird,
Thanks for taking a look and thanks for the words of advice its greatly appreciated,
My cfl is about 5 inches above the plant, I move it higher when I'm taking pictures for the journal, everything seems to be going well.
the light i bought should be fantastic, Ill be sure to review it while I'm using it so everyone else can experience the quality or lack thereof of the Viparspectra.
Thanks for subbing :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom