Indoor Mystery Seeds - First Journal

Mr-Nice-Guy

I've been a long time lurker and fan of 420 and finally decided to come post my first journal. I'm looking for tips and advice from fellow readers on my latest grow. Anyways, enough with the intro's.... I'll let you know what I'm workin with.

Seeds: Mystery for the most part. All old bagseeds with a few high grade seeds mixed in.
Light: I'm trying to work solely with CFL's this time to cut down on energy and space limitations.
Medium: Miracle Gro soil (Can't remember the exact name right now, I'll add it in later)

NOTE: This is a very cheap operation which means no PH testing, no name brand fertilizers or boosters (Aside from Miracle Grow), and not a whole lot of experience.

I'm about a week into my latest grow and a week or so away from my last grow's harvest. I'm using 2 CFL daylight bulbs (1150 Lumens each(?)) for only 6 sprouts. Seeds were germinated in a wet paper towel and then into Jiffy Peat Disks. Peat disks were watered a little every day just to keep moist and voila! Sprouts!
1-19-11_Sprouts.JPG
1-19-11_Sprout_4.JPG
1-19-11_Sprout_3.JPG
1-19-11_Sprout_2.JPG

I also have one plant that has been flowering for what feels like forever (I don't know how long exactly because before now i've been too lazy to make a journal.) Could someone help me with the harvesting stage? I've picked a few little popcorn buds off of it, but I think it was pre-mature. Anyways...
Bud_Crystal.JPG
Bud_27.JPG
Bud_15.JPG

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INPUT AND ADVICE! Keep on Token!:peace:

Re: Indoor mystery seeds. First Journal!

Well, the flowering one is under 2 40w phillips f40 gro-lites. Probably not the right flowering light, but I guess it's worked so far under (12/12) light cycle. And yes, i hope for 6 beautiful girls that make it to flowering.

And thanks to the link about trichrome colors, but I'm not sure what my plants look like under a microscope or a loupe :( Just from the naked eye I'm convinced that they are almost ready.

You can pick up a loupe from radio shack (at least 30 power). They're pretty cheap. What is your plan for your light upgrade? There is no way you will bring 6 plants to harvest under 80W of fluoro's.
About your girl taking forever...some strains take longer than others to flower. However, I suspect she is not getting enough light. Your yield will be very small and it will take longer to finish if you don't give it more light.

Concerning the light situation for my newest 6 sprouts, I suppose that I'm only expecting (more like hoping) that 3 out of 6 will be female. Eventually I will up the wattage for the potential 3 that will make it that far. Is there a particular light setup that you would recommend (Keeping in mind that I'm trying to keep costs low)?

And the last time I used MG it was pretty sparse. I only used it during the veg state while I was experimenting with early topping and LST techniques.

Week One!

Well, it's been 7 days, and each little sprout has been given just a little more room to grow in some peat cups placed into solo cups (for drainage and such). I'm using MG Potting soil...I'm sure there are plenty of negative effects of using MG soil, but i've used it before and it didn't seem to hurt that much. Anyways, how about some pictures!
1-20-11_Plant_A.JPG
1-20-11_Plant_B.JPG
1-20-11_Plant_C.JPG

1-20-11_Plant_D.JPG

And just for fun...
1-20-11_BUD_3_sm.JPG

:peace::yahoo:

Mystery Seeds... Can anyone help?

WARNING: May have gone picture crazy! :roorrip:
I just noticed that my little ones are growing faster than I thought:)
they are way bushier than any plant I've ever had.
1-26-11_Plant_A_Closeup.JPG

Blurry, but each circle is the extra growth :)

I think I may have damaged the roots, because they are exploding out of the bottom of my little peat pots. So transplanting is long overdue...
1-26-11_Plant_A_Roots.JPG

I am also wondering if there is a good website to try and identify the different strains by category. I'll try and describe them each as best as I can, so maybe I can get some feedback.

Plant A
1-26-11_Plant_A.JPG

Bushiest of them all, red-ish stems, leaves are really soft like velvet.

Plant B
1-26-11_Plant_B.JPG

Almost the same as A, but not as much growth...

Plant C
1-26-11_Plant_C.JPG

Smells kinda funny, and has really rough leaves.

Plant D
1-26-11_Plant_D.JPG

Super thin leaves growth looks kinda weak.

Anyways, I'm off to do some transplanting. :token:

17 Days old. I really need to get some more lights over these little ones, and this is my first time trying some Low Stress Training and didn't feel like waiting much longer to start.

1-29-11_Plant_A.JPG
1-29-11_Plant_B.JPG

I didn't have much available so I cut some slits in the side of the pots and used thread to bend them but it looks like it should work.

1-29-11_Plant_C.JPG

I haven't done anything to this one...

1-29-11_Plant_D.JPG

This one got topped on the lower growths and on the top. I will probably LST it when it shows more growth.

1-29-11_Plants.JPG

Right after a little TLC and watering! :tokin::peacetwo:

It looked like the containers you had them in to start were clear, roots dont like light so be sure to use a container that light wont get through on

Back
Top Bottom