Indoor - OG Ghost Train & Strawberry Amnesia In Individual 20 Gal Bubble Totes

GrnRm

Hey y'all, this is my first legitimate journal, so please be patient.

My room was originally going to be set up with a 6 site, soil / hydro hybrid system, but since I still have a few hydro plants to finish out, I'll start with them first... So now, I will be running two plants in a 7'W x 7'L x 6.5'T room. I have 2, 1000W HPS in vented hoods, each pulling air through a 6" carbon filter, via a 8" inline fan. The room has it's own A/C, and pulls air from a "lung room" utilizing a 6" inline fan as a booster on the intake. And, the lung room never gets above 65°F.

Going under the lights are a single Strawberry Amnesia, and a single OG Ghost Train Haze. Both have been in Veg for roughly 2 months now, under t5's. Flowering was delayed by moving the grow. Each plant is in an 18 gal bubble Tote (4 - 2" air stones each), and consumes General Hydroponics Flora series: Micro, Bloom, and CalMag+. Each gets a dose of h2o2 with every water change, which is done once a week.

I will be transferring them from the Veg Room to the Bloom Room tonight, so I will take some pics once I'm done. Oh and, sorry about the mistake in the title... They are 18, not 20 gallon Totes.

re: Indoor - OG Ghost Train & Strawberry Amnesia In Individual 20 Gal Bubble Totes

Thank you for the positive feedback Pennywise! I still consider myself a beginner but, I figured it was time to try and get a little feedback from the community.

re: Indoor - OG Ghost Train & Strawberry Amnesia In Individual 20 Gal Bubble Totes

Best move you'll ever make, a lot of knowledgeable growers here who are willing to help when needed.

Nice, I'm subbed! Looking forward to the strawberry amnesia! Happy growing.

1208172304a.jpg
1208172304.jpg
1208172303.jpg

It's nice to have you along for the ride Noots Mcgoots! Today is the big move for the girls. They will be going from their 5 gal Veg Buckets to their 18 gallon totes to begin flowering. I'll get new pics up after the move.

1209171235b.jpg

The bigger of the two in front is the Strawberry Amnesia, and in the back is the OG Ghost Train Haze.
This pic was taken about an hour after the move.

With the girls moved into the flower room, I will keep both of the ballasts running at 600W for the first week, and then step them up to 1000W. There is 10 gal of tap water (run through a chlorine - sediment filter with a UV sterilizer) in each tote. I'm starting them on 4mL/gal of General Hydroponics FloraMicro, 8mL/gal of GH FloraBloom, with 5mL of silica in each tote. I'll see how they react and adjust accordingly.

Thanks Pennywise! I've only been at it for a little over a year now but in that time I've done soil, Aquaponics for Veg + bubble buckets for flower using fish water with added nutes, then full bubble buckets. And once these two are done, I think I'll probably stick with the hybrid system for a while. I like hydro growth but, I also like having the soil as a buffer zone for any issues!

Looks like you've got a lot of knowledge and a terrific setup GrnRm. I'm using the same nutes but in coco and can't wait to see your results. Your ladies are looking damn good already.

I did like hydro for it's growth Pennywise, but to be honest my Aquaponics Veg room had the most impressive growth rates! I also grew peppers, lettuce, and a few cooking herbs off of the Aqua system. The main issue in Aqua arises in flower when you have to start adding to the fish water to feed the girls properly. I found it difficult to find additives that didn't bother my fish.

Don't be fooled Doggie Daddy, I am most definitely a beginner here! I've just done a lot of reading over the years. Thank you though, it's always nice to get some possitive feedback!

Noots Mcgoots, Strawberry Amnesia is one of my favorites! I picked it up as a clone from a fellow patient, who does an amazing job in all organic soil! And, 2000W is a starting point... eventually I would like to have a 9-12 site soil / hydro hybrid system under 4 - 1000W in this same room! The next cycle will be the first atemp with a 6 site hybrid system. If all goes well, the number of sites, and lights will double.

1210171344.jpg

The Strawberry Amnesia after 24 hours under the 1000s
1210171343a.jpg

The OG Ghost Train Haze 24 hours after going under the 1000s
1210171343.jpg
1210171342_Burst01.jpg
1210171342b.jpg
1209172246a.jpg

The last full crop of Bubble Buckets in the old room, under 3 - 600W HPs

Back
Top Bottom