Indoor outdoor thermometer

Jackalope

When I moved, I moved my indoor outdoor thermometer with me. When I was getting ready to set it back up I had a thought. While outside temp is important. Tent temperatures were more important to me. I set it up in the tent and the living room. It has worked so well I got another one for the new tent. I have the display's where I can see it from my lounge chair. At a glace I can tell the temp and humidity of both tents all the time.

I know they make grow room monitors. Most at prices we home growers will never pay. At around 20 to 30 dollars these indoor outdoor thermometer's are the best piece of equipment I have ever added. You can't change things if you don't know what they are. Even if you don't plan to change much. The piece of mind by glancing up and knowing your girls are fine is nice is worth every penny.

I highly suggest one for every grower.

This is the one I use. The remote is located in the Tent at Canopy level (actually have 2, one for each plant)
the Monitor is located upstairs in my bedroom, Just need to look up at night to see whats happening in the
tent. They can use three different Remote sensors and will display in sequence Number 1, Number 2, Number 3
readings along with a constant Indoor reading on the right. also updates each night to local time and weather
report AND the moon phase

I paid a little more since I got 2 sensors

1571510456079.png

Just noticed the one above is a auction BUT I do see them at that price with BIN and free shipping

This is the one I use. It came with a remote sensor, and I bought a second one.

I can sit the display on my desk, and it's always where I can see it. Quite the handy gadget!

61UiEiRqgzL._SX522_.jpg

One thing I am learning with mine. What temps at what time. Before I just had highs and lows over a 24 hr period. Of course there are going to be higher temps with the lights on then with them off. I run my lights at night so temp does not become a issue. What I am noticing is that the highest temps in the mid 80's. Come a hour or so after the lights turn on. Then they cool down to the high 70's through the night. Then slowly warm again to the low 80's before the lights turn off.

In normal life for a plant warmest weather should be in the middle of the day. My midday temps are the coolest of the day LOL. I really don't see it being any problem at all. I know temperature changes a lot for a plant. I don't think they have a inner clock that works according to temp. Plants are growing fast so I am sure they are not bothered in the least by this. It just makes me wonder how changing this closer to normal would do. To much could go wrong trying to solve something that isn't bad to make things more perfect. I just wonder.

As I am finishing up my first outdoor grow, I didn't want to spend any more money on "gadgets" for this round so I set up my security camera(used in backyard when plants were growing) in my garage aimed at my hygrometer during my drying process.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191015-205104.png
    Screenshot_20191015-205104.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Tell the truth. You just wanted to watch your buds on TV lol. Good idea.

Lots of gadgets to get for growing that's for sure. Thank god the plants don't need them all. Most the gadgets just make things easier or give us piece of mind. It is best when we can re-purpose things to do it and save money. I can see myself buying a surveillance system someday just to watch my plants LMAO.

One thing I am learning with mine. What temps at what time. Before I just had highs and lows over a 24 hr period. Of course there are going to be higher temps with the lights on then with them off. I run my lights at night so temp does not become a issue. What I am noticing is that the highest temps in the mid 80's. Come a hour or so after the lights turn on. Then they cool down to the high 70's through the night. Then slowly warm again to the low 80's before the lights turn off.

In normal life for a plant warmest weather should be in the middle of the day. My midday temps are the coolest of the day LOL. I really don't see it being any problem at all. I know temperature changes a lot for a plant. I don't think they have a inner clock that works according to temp. Plants are growing fast so I am sure they are not bothered in the least by this. It just makes me wonder how changing this closer to normal would do. To much could go wrong trying to solve something that isn't bad to make things more perfect. I just wonder.

Let me see if I follow this right.

- Lights on during true night instead of during the true day

- Highest temps are an hour or so after the lights turn on

- Lowest temps are in the middle of the night

- temps come up before lights off

My guess on the above is because it is following the temps of the room they are in.

The lights will raise the temp X* above the ambient room temp. So the room follows a typical day/night cycle and warm during daylight hours and cooler over night.

Your grow temps are just following that temp cycle. So it seems a bit odd at first, but makes sense if you think it through for a minute.

As I am finishing up my first outdoor grow, I didn't want to spend any more money on "gadgets" for this round so I set up my security camera(used in backyard when plants were growing) in my garage aimed at my hygrometer during my drying process.

What a clever idea! That's the spirit!

Let me see if I follow this right.

- Lights on during true night instead of during the true day

- Highest temps are an hour or so after the lights turn on

- Lowest temps are in the middle of the night

- temps come up before lights off

My guess on the above is because it is following the temps of the room they are in.

The lights will raise the temp X* above the ambient room temp. So the room follows a typical day/night cycle and warm during daylight hours and cooler over night.

Your grow temps are just following that temp cycle. So it seems a bit odd at first, but makes sense if you think it through for a minute.

That was pretty much the way I thought it was going. Makes sense.

Watching the highs and lows in a basement room is an adventure since the soil packed up against the walls has so much effect on the room temperatures.

Watching the highs and lows in a basement room is an adventure since the soil packed up against the walls has so much effect on the room temperatures.

That is the primary reason I'm building my new setups in my basement: more stable temps. With my res and buckets sitting directly on the concrete floor (buckets obviously have the tent floor in between, but not much insulation there) I should be able to use that as the "chiller" and the water temps should be right on target. They may even be a tick low at times, which may be a call for some yoga mats or something underneath.

It's the same concept of how an earth contact home works. That ground around the house keeps temps more stable and improves the overall efficiency of the heating/cooling system.

I knew the whole time what caused the differences. I was just curious what the plant thought of it LMAO. In normal life for a plant outdoors. The warmest temps come midday. My midday temps are the coolest of the day.

My older grows were in places with cooler temps outside the tent. I had lots lower night time temps because if it. With these set ups. My plants had a warm up period before things got warm enough for good growth.

This thread kind of goes along with my growing temperature thread. Plants can grow in lots of different temps. The indoor/outdoor thermometer I use just lets me track them. I am not concerned with changing anything. The plants are doing great. The changes in temps were just one of my observations.

knew the whole time what caused the differences. I was just curious what the plant thought of it LMAO. In normal life for a plant outdoors. The warmest temps come midday. My midday temps are the coolest of the day.

Ohhhhhh... got ya.

Guess we'll see how well they grow! :D

Back
Top Bottom