Indoor Purple Widow - Bay Dream & Berry Bomb Grow - Pictures

BluntMonkey

Greetings, BluntMonkey here swinging through to share & document my next grow.
Ordered these from Herbie's Headshop, got the seeds within a week and they came with free Hawaiin Skunk Haze, Cotton Candy, and White Widow seeds.
herbies3.jpg

20140224_144529.jpg

My Partner and I (who will join us on here shortly) plan on crossing the Berry Bomb x Bay Dream to create some Berry Bombay. Hopefully there will be a pheno in their with this color:

strains-597.jpg

We have 4 of the Purple Widow's going to make mothers out of and may cross it with the Cotton Candy later on...
20140306_231728.jpg
20140326_170843.jpg

Under 120W LED 24/0, 20 Days later...
They are in 1 gallon Plant Warrior pots in Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil. Sprayed the roots with Hygrozyme, there was no transplant shock.

We have more experience with outdoor than in so drop some knowledge if you have any ideas or advice for the grow :cheer:

Re: Indoor Purple Widow, Bay Dream, & Berry Bomb Grow (Pictures)

Every thing you got going looks good to me.

To start the seedlings off put them in a shot glass with warm water in a dark location. Some say to keep them in their for 24 hours but they could drown and not be able to sprout (like the Big Bang seeds I germinated with the Purple Widow). It's better to treat each seed individually rather than a group, some seeds will sink from the get-go while others take over a day. Check on them every few hours and tap on them gently(wearing a glove or with tweezers), if they sink than they are ready to be germinated (this means that they have absorbed enough moisture). Keep in mind that most seeds won't sink unless you tap them under the water because of air bubbles.

Here are the 6 steps to Spongermation:
1) Use anti-bacterial sponges, I got all mine for about $5 (Cell-o brand). 2) Pour distilled water onto the sponges 3) Let the water drain out of the sponges so that they're not too soaked. 4) Put a rubberband around them to keep the seeds in. 5) Then put the sponges in a ziploc bag, blow the bags up and seal them to create a fog dome effect (seeds love Co2). Next put warm water in the container and put it in a dark place with a seedling heat mat (Target temp is 76-80).
germinationberry.jpg

6) With the OG Paper Towel method sometimes the seeds can get drowned. With a sponge the seeds stay wet without getting suffocated. With this method 5/5 of the Bay Dream germinated and 8/10 of the Berry Bomb did...although they are Indica seeds so the other 2 could use another day or so, I'll keep you posted. This method gave me a germination rate of 13/15 (87%) A couple of the seeds came out of the shell waiting to sprout.
Here's a close up of the Bay Dream (Try not to expose the seeds to air or light):
baydreamseeds.jpg

Purple Widows waiting to meet their new roommates:
20140326_170855.jpg

The seeds are in a RootMaker seedling tray, I boiled water, poured it in a Solo Cup, and then put that under the seedling dome. Raised the temperature to around 80 and rose the Humidity to the 70's. Damn LED's don't produce enough heat.

Let me know if you've tried this or what your germination rate is using the paper towel method, Thanks!:riskybusiness:

Looking fantastic BluntMonkey! Just beautiful! :bravo:
Subbed!

I germinate by putting my seeds in warm water in a dark warm place for a couple days. They are usually ready to go in 2-3 days. I like the sponge idea, that looks really cool!
:Namaste:

I keep my LED's 6-8 inches away, you don't want to put them any further away than that because the lumens can't reach as far as other lights do...although they do have a larger light spectrum than most lights which is a plus. You can even keep them just a few inches away if you want, shouldn't burn the leaves.

Thanks for showin some love PinkyGreen! You should grow that strain Stinky Pinky, maybe cross it with something green, have it be your signature:hookah:

most of my seeds sprout a couple of days after germing them. I don't know what I do wrong but I have killed more that I have germinated than the ones I just plunk into soil and let them do there thing. So I am not the best to answer that question. Also on LEDs I have been told to get them 24 inches or better from young plants so the spectrum mixes and to take it easy on them. My flowering plant is like 18inches and doing great just seems a little close for such a strong light. Happy growing.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom