Infant sprouts - Should I mist? Humidity dome?

onehitr

420 Member
Hi All,
I've done some searches but can't seem to find much information for this stage of the game.

Setup:
- 3'x2'x5' grow cab, 300w (legacy) Mars Hydro LED, Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil, 3 gal soft pots, 2 computer fans for air and squirrel cage exhaust fan

Light is 24+" from seedlings. Temp 78F Humidity 60%

candy cane and NL feminzied autoflower
seeds germinated via paper towel and put into soil. Heads are poking out :thumb:

I have been "misting" them to a point of making the soil damp with a spray bottle of distilled water about twice a day.
The top of the soil dries out in between these time frames. Is this ok? Should I water in some other manner? What about a humidity dome like plastic cover? Should I use one? I'm really paranoid as I would hate to lose them in this tender stage.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't - and never have. A "dome" will increase the chances of PM - and you sure don't want that at this stage in their life.

Just keep them moist with Ph'd water. YOU HAVE TO Ph YOUR WATER to 6.1 or so. That is a must. If you don't have a Ph pen - save up $100 and get one. It will be the best investment you ever made. I use mine almost every day. Don't fertilize till they get about 4 inches tall and then only use 1/3 to 1/2 solution - and rotate with plain Ph'd water every other watering.

Watering that way (spraying) is ok, but watch for signs of light burn. Sometimes, especially is tender young leaves, the light shining thru the water droplets magnify the light so it burns. At some point, pretty soon, stop misting and water/feed from the soil.

As they get older let the soil dry out once in a while. MJ doesn't like to have their feet wet ALL the time.
Don't love them too much - they'll do fine.

~ Auggie ~

Thanks Auggie! :thanks: Soil PH is 6.8 but I will start checking the water PH. They seem to be doing fine. Will start a journal soon.

That Ph is a little high. After a while the plants will have trouble taking up nutes. You'll be feeding them and they'll be starving.
It's Ph.

Keep your liquids at 5.8 to 6.2 and they'll be a lot healthier.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom