Info needed

I take my measurements in ppm but always convert it in my head to ec.
here’s a basic chart showing some conversions so yea ppm and ec may be different but you can translate it either way knowing what scale your meter is operating on
Nacl = .5 scale
Or 442 .7 scale
mSµSNaCl Conv.442 Conv.
1.0 mS1000 µS500 ppm700 ppm
1.5 mS1500 µS750 ppm1050 ppm
2.0 mS2000 µS1000 ppm1400 ppm
2.5 mS2500 µS1250 ppm1750 ppm
3.0 mS3000 µS1500 ppm2100 ppm
Translating it either way, that's why I use ec, lol!

I visit some other forums, and it's seemed ec was understood everywhere, but when in Rome...!

Translating it either way, that's why I use ec, lol!

I visit some other forums, and it's seemed ec was understood everywhere, but when in Rome...!
Yep ec is universal and wish everyone would use that instead of ppms.

Yep ec is universal and wish everyone would use that instead of ppms.

The best way is to use it ourselves. Any time we answer a question with PPM in it, ask what scale they are using, and give the conversion to EC. The more folks see it, the more comfortable they'll be with it.

The best way is to use it ourselves. Any time we answer a question with PPM in it, ask what scale they are using, and give the conversion to EC. The more folks see it, the more comfortable they'll be with it.
I agree. A lot might not know the scale of there meter is. but a quick google search should answer the question.

the online chart says about 2tsp of MC
I don't think that the MegaCrop calculator works in teaspoons. It's always a good idea to weigh your MC, and a tenth-gram scale is $11...a great investment!
For me, I didn't feel weighing something like MC is as accurate as ec. If MC was homogeneous, I can see it, but with the balls and powder, just seems to me you can only get close.
No need to measure water, reading ec, either. It's accurate at any volume.
That's not really true if you are concerned about the distribution of powder vs. balls. Your mix could be at .5 EC with all powder, half powder/half balls, or all balls. The EC tells you nothing except the electrical conductivity of the water, not what the ratio of powder:balls is.

If you want true consistency, you should grind the balls and mix them back into the powder. I prefer to just mix larger quantities to ensure more homogeneity.

I don't think that the MegaCrop calculator works in teaspoons. It's always a good idea to weigh your MC, and a tenth-gram scale is $11...a great investment!

That's not really true if you are concerned about the distribution of powder vs. balls. Your mix could be at .5 EC with all powder, half powder/half balls, or all balls. The EC tells you nothing except the electrical conductivity of the water, not what the ratio of powder:balls is.

If you want true consistency, you should grind the balls and mix them back into the powder. I prefer to just mix larger quantities to ensure more homogeneity.

On the website it says 1tsp=6grams of MC

from what I've seen on the MC thread, everyone's teaspoon is different (and if you weigh a teaspoon-full a few times you will probably get different numbers each time).

I still recommend weighing out your MC.
On the website it says 1tsp=6grams of MC

Weights are all over, from v1 to v2 and probably again when the infamous v3 comes out. farside uses a slightly different value but I've always gone with 6g/tsp if the grower doesn't have access to a scale.
Every teaspoon is different in weight as mentioned and measuring with PPM or EC is not ideal with the Megacrop line. Weights by grams are the preferred method for best results.

Anyone else notice the elemental calculator values on MC's site changed in the last couple weeks? A gram was like 126ppm from the base elements, now it's like 113 (exact figures forgotten).

Anyone else notice the elemental calculator values on MC's site changed in the last couple weeks? A gram was like 126ppm from the base elements, now it's like 113 (exact figures forgotten).
Yes I see the difference now. My N Load was identical to theirs and now is higher by 7ppm. Seems odd it went down with all the changes.

Yes I see the difference now. My N Load was identical to theirs and now is higher by 7ppm. Seems odd it went down with all the changes.

You have to wonder if it's in preparation of an upcoming change or if it's updating from an old change. Hard to tell with them and the inconsistent info that's on their site. Maybe, just maybe, they are in the process of cleaning up the whole website. One can dream.

It's like $600 an ounce here, that's just legal robbery.
holy crap , that is ridiculously over the top. illegal here but about £220 an oz. No guarantee on the quality around at the time but usually not too bad. cash cropped and rush dried is sadly way more important to the market here. We dont hear of many medical users at all and even though cbd now legal , No Gp will prescribe it !!!!!.
Keep it illegal for me and it keeps their greedy corrupt businesses out of the picture too.

You have to wonder if it's in preparation of an upcoming change or if it's updating from an old change. Hard to tell with them and the inconsistent info that's on their site. Maybe, just maybe, they are in the process of cleaning up the whole website. One can dream.
maybe Cletus( powder mixer) and Jethro (Unicorn Guano collector and grinder) have got a laptop now.?.
The best way to view their site for me was from the QR code on the bag of MC I got. Took me to videos and stuff

$280 an ounce here for black market. It’s all outdoor and poorly dried with no cure.
I need to move there and start growing. In Cali you would be lucky to get 200 a zip for all the hard work.

EC is the measurement of the charge of the minerals in the water, and tells me what I need to know, lol! Lot's of ways to do things, and I get your point... I just have another one!

Like I've said, I have no problem with balls to powder ratio. As you mentioned, I think because I mix up enough at one time to average out whatever the ratio is. I have a perpetual and hand water, so I try to keep 10 gallons of late bloom strength, and 10 gallons of light to medium veg. I can mix a little of either to get exactly what I want for fussy individuals. Been working for everything from seedlings to finishers.

Each batch is probably a little different, and I think that's part of the beauty of MC... I think my plants like different!

So, is anybody actually grinding the big bags up? Seems about the only way to really get something totally homogeneous, if you've got a big one, lol! I am way too lazy to faff about with that, plus, whatever version it is that I'm using now (it does have balls) mixes fine, and the plants aren't complaining.

I really like MC, and was just trying to add my experience with it, not argue, or tell peeps what they should do!

Cheerios!

Back
Top Bottom