Info on CKS CBD Auto Cheese?

flytier

Hey, everybody. I just bought a 5-pack of CBD Auto Cheese and I'll be putting them in water this evening. Just wondering if any growers out there who are familiar with it can give me some info on it. They say it has a flowering time of 8 weeks, and I'm curious of the seed-to-smoke time. Also, what kind of effect does it have on a person, and is it easy and forgiving to grow, or picky WRT conditions? Any information about the general/specific properties would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm on week 18 and still not ready to harvest but getting close. They did not auto flower. When the plant gets to 15 inches switch it to 12/12 mine got to 30" 8 weeks ago and still had no buds in them.

Hey, everybody. I just bought a 5-pack of CBD Auto Cheese and I'll be putting them in water this evening. Just wondering if any growers out there who are familiar with it can give me some info on it. They say it has a flowering time of 8 weeks, and I'm curious of the seed-to-smoke time. Also, what kind of effect does it have on a person, and is it easy and forgiving to grow, or picky WRT conditions? Any information about the general/specific properties would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well, I'll give you what information I can, about my experience with them with a couple of pics.
I am actually beginner grower with high hopes. :)
I started with 3 seeds, I put them in water for the moment when they cracked open.

I put them in a generic seed starting mix with a very low 0.03-0.03-0.03 fertilizer (Miracle-Gro)
It took 4 days for the sprouts to come up, that seemed long to me, maybe it was my inpatients.
One of the 3 seeds did not germinate.

The lighting, again was generic. I had two 300 watt spiral CFLs @ 4700 lumens each with a daylight color of 6500k.
For about 4 weeks I had the two in vegetative stage like this. As soon as I thought I could safely take cuttings I did.
Then when I realized the plants were not going to be more than 16"-18" high.
I took them out of ALL LIGHT for about 15-17 hours. Yes, I know they are auto flower. I went ahead and forced the flowering stage anyway.

When I put them back in lighting, I changed the lighting and color temperature to: 3) 200 watt spiral CFLs, @ 3800 lumens each with warm 2700k.
After 3 weeks I could tell they were indeed females.
By this time the cuttings now had roots.

Cuttings.
"Cutting were placed in water until the root nubs showed then they were placed in the same Miracle-Gro I used to start the seeds after they germinated.
One of the cuttings is now in flowering and I'm using for it for breeding the Blueberry and the CBD Cheese auto.
The second cutting is now the bitch for more cuttings. Would that make it/them 2nd or 3rd gen? IDK.

I just harvested one of the plants, half of it's hanging the other half is on a plate drying. :)
The one I harvested was a disappointing 13-16" tall.
The description of the CBD auto Cheese and the smell was as it said slightly cheesy but delicious in smell.
There were time I honestly could of bit off the tops off like a piece of celery.

The effect after the light up was one of "immediate relaxing/calm" followed by a high that I was not expecting.
Yes you heard of the creep effect on some cannabis after a hit or two. I'll be a little more cautious when lighting up again.
So from seed to harvest about 14-15 weeks. I'm really not sure but that sounds like a long time?

Would I go with the CBD Auto Cheese again? Oh hell yes!
Here's something a little funny one of the flowering Cheese cuttings is actually taller than the parents, 16"-18".
And it looks as the bitch is also going to be taller.

Compared to some of you experienced growers these plants are pathetic.
I'll get pics up when I can. (Figuring it out.) :)
Please if any of you see something I did wrong, some constructive criticism IS welcome.

Well, seems you had a whole lot better luck than I did. I put the 5 of them in water and not a single one germinated. I've had some extremely crappy luck with CKS. I think the next time I get some seeds (I get them because I can buy them locally) I'll try putting them right into the soil.

But, on a positive note, I'm glad you enjoy the buzz off them; it does give me something to eventually look forward to. I have some White Widows that I recently put on 12/12 and I have some WW seedlings that are doing fantastic, so I'll get those girls through first. Best of luck with them.

Well, seems you had a whole lot better luck than I did. I put the 5 of them in water and not a single one germinated. I've had some extremely crappy luck with CKS. I think the next time I get some seeds (I get them because I can buy them locally) I'll try putting them right into the soil.

But, on a positive note, I'm glad you enjoy the buzz off them; it does give me something to eventually look forward to. I have some White Widows that I recently put on 12/12 and I have some WW seedlings that are doing fantastic, so I'll get those girls through first. Best of luck with them.

I'm still trying when I can to figure out the forum formatting so I can post some pics.
I wanted to edit my post to include the lighting duration and the water used for the germination.
For the 6500k vegetative was 24 hour on, for the flowering 2700k it was/is 12/12.
The water I used for the germination was distilled water. I heard that some city water was too chlorinated for seed starting.

While the chlorine is good against bacteria it may be bad for the young sprouts. I would start the seeds with distilled water.
In fact I didn't use the city water until I felt the plants could tolerate the chlorine, until then I used filtered drinking or spring water.
Even then I am filling 3-4 plastic milk jugs with city water and allowing them to sit for a while OPENED days on end, use one, fill it then use the next bottle.

Allowing the chlorine to leach out of the city water also called off-gassing, and yes off-gassing takes a while and may not work with very chlorinated water.

OK, figured out image URLs didn't want to get a new image host but guess I had to.
Here's my CBD auto Cheese. The plant with the red wire around it, is being bred with the Blueberry.

Bought five autocheese CBD. One didn't germinate, two did but died, two are now in their 18th and 16th week respectivly and have another three to five weeks to go before harvest. One is distinctly Sativa, one Indica. They are not auto flower. They flowered like photo-sensitives. Have no idea what the smoke will be like. Magical Mystery Tour, lol. Harvested five Early Miss in late July and one autoWW in late August. All great smoke in the 20 percent range.

So no one has actually gotten the CBD Cheese Autoflower? They've all been photos?

I'd like to grow it for my sister who suffers from insomnia, but waiting 20+ weeks isn't ideal

Chatted with CKS online today, this appears to have been the seed mixup from a few months ago and has since been corrected. At least thats what they say.

Just took a good whiff of my heavily flowering "autocheese". Doesn't smell like cheese at all. Pretty sure there was, indeed, a seed mix up. My four-foot, outdoor beautys are wonderous to behold. Wonder what the heck they are? Guess I'll have to wait, lol. In the meantime I have the Early Miss I harvested in late July and the White Widow I harvested in late August. Both autoflowers and both dynamite smoke. I've now been toking for 50 years and am very happy with my harvest so far. Small, easily hidden plants that only yielded about 35 grams per after drying and a month of curing. Next year cannabis will be legal here in Canada. I'm going to grow an early crop of autoflower WW(already have the seeds) and a late one of photo-sensitive. Need about a pound a year for personal.

Anybody here have any success with Cheese recently? I have two in the tent now. It's been three weeks since the first seed poked its head above the dirt. Both plants are growing, but clearly are not well. The Crop King description claims they are easy to grow. Well maybe for an expert...

Anybody here have any success with Cheese recently? I have two in the tent now. It's been three weeks since the first seed poked its head above the dirt. Both plants are growing, but clearly are not well. The Crop King description claims they are easy to grow. Well maybe for an expert...

Way to many factors involved in having a healthy plant other than to just say the strain is hard to grow.

I finished some about a month ago. Popped two beans and they did auto-flower. It is a really decent cured smoke. The “cheese” smell is very light and only came on after the cure. No way is it only “8%”thc... I did find it to be a complete feeling with such high CBD. Nice smoke.

Well I finally got what I was hoping for, "Blueberry Cheese" (BBCheese)
I bred the Crop Kings CBD Auto Cheese (Female) and the Crop Kings Blueberry (Male).
I'm going to copy and paste my grow logs from above, here (Italics) with the pics.

I will say I'm getting better at the grow, my grow season is winter with one plant currently needing to
be harvested (Pictured). I don't grow year round. I have enough Blueberry Cheese seeds to keep the strain going.
I didn't think to save the one male "Blueberry Cheese" to keep me supplied with future seeds.

Currently I have about 20-25 BBCheese seeds stored and I have 1 CBD Auto Cheese seed and 1 Blueberry seed from Crop King still.

About the plants themselves, The CBD Cheese had small compact buds the Blueberry Cheese have bigger airier buds, the pictures tell the tail.
The Blueberry Cheese are some nice glue sticky buds. Hey, I can only get better from here. :)

Now the details.

"Well, I'll give you what information I can, about my experience with them with a couple of pics.
I am actually beginner grower with high hopes. :)
I started with 3 seeds, I put them in water for the moment when they cracked open.

I put them in a generic seed starting mix with a very low 0.03-0.03-0.03 fertilizer (Miracle-Gro)
It took 4 days for the sprouts to come up, that seemed long to me, maybe it was my inpatients.
One of the 3 seeds did not germinate.

The lighting, again was generic. I had two 300 watt spiral CFLs @ 4700 lumens each with a daylight color of 6500k.
For about 4 weeks I had the two in vegetative stage like this. As soon as I thought I could safely take cuttings I did.
Then when I realized the plants were not going to be more than 16"-18" high.
I took them out of ALL LIGHT for about 15-17 hours. Yes, I know they are auto flower. I went ahead and forced the flowering stage anyway.

When I put them back in lighting, I changed the lighting and color temperature to: 3) 200 watt spiral CFLs, @ 3800 lumens each with warm 2700k.
After 3 weeks I could tell they were indeed females.
By this time the cuttings now had roots.

For the 6500k vegetative was 24 hour on, for the flowering 2700k it was/is 12/12.
The water I used for the germination was distilled water. I heard that some city water was too chlorinated for seed starting.

While the chlorine is good against bacteria it may be bad for the young sprouts. I would start the seeds with distilled water.
In fact I didn't use the city water until I felt the plants could tolerate the chlorine, until then I used filtered drinking or spring water.
Even then I am filling 3-4 plastic milk jugs with city water and allowing them to sit for a while OPENED days on end, use one, fill it then use the next bottle.

Allowing the chlorine to leach out of the city water also called off-gassing, and yes off-gassing takes a while and may not work with very chlorinated water.

OK, figured out image URLs didn't want to get a new image host but guess I had to.
Here's my CBD auto Cheese. The plant with the red wire around it, is being bred with the Blueberry.

Cuttings.
"Cutting were placed in water until the root nubs showed then they were placed in the same Miracle-Gro I used to start the seeds after they germinated.
One of the cuttings is now in flowering and I'm using for it for breeding the Blueberry and the CBD Cheese auto.
The second cutting is now the bitch for more cuttings. Would that make it/them 2nd or 3rd gen? IDK.

I just harvested one of the plants, half of it's hanging the other half is on a plate drying. :)
The one I harvested was a disappointing 13-16" tall.
The description of the CBD auto Cheese and the smell was as it said slightly cheesy but delicious in smell.
There were time I honestly could of bit off the tops off like a piece of celery.

The effect after the light up was one of "immediate relaxing/calm" followed by a high that I was not expecting.
Yes you heard of the creep effect on some cannabis after a hit or two. I'll be a little more cautious when lighting up again.
So from seed to harvest about 14-15 weeks. I'm really not sure but that sounds like a long time?

Would I go with the CBD Auto Cheese again? Oh hell yes!
Here's something a little funny one of the flowering Cheese cuttings is actually taller than the parents, 16"-18".
And it looks as the bitch is also going to be taller.

Compared to some of you experienced growers these plants are pathetic.
Please if any of you see something I did wrong, some constructive criticism IS welcome."

Pics.

Back
Top Bottom