Info needed

Thanks for the tag Old Salt! I use straight MC with nothing else, and just bump the grams/gallon if I see any deficiencies. Clears them right up. I've never had a problem running MC alone.

Farside uses a 1:blushsmile:1 mix of MC, cal-mag, and silica until flower, when he bumps the MC to 6 and leaves the other two at 5 and 5. Here is a screenshot of his schedule for autoflowers (which is why he's at 6g/gal on day 30 rather than waiting for flip, but you get the idea generally):
Screenshot_20200101-155410_Chrome.jpg

I like my 1:blushsmile:1 ratio for peat based soil-less, but if I were doing coco, I'd most likely nix the Silica/Pro-Tekt. It just wants to drive the pH up too much for a medium that doesn't have buffering capacity. I'd likely just run straight Mega Crop at 5.9-6.0 and use a touch if Cal-Mag as needed like Old Salt does. That seems to be a good combo.

Not sure what that Greenleaf "Kush Master" product is. Must be a different company using part of Greenleaf Nutrients name.

its Free so that’s good enough for me. Thanks man

Check out the 2.5Kg package through Amazon. It wasn't much more expensive than 500gm free from GLN.

For three plants, drain-to-waste in coco/perlite, I'm going through 18l with 30.91gm Mega Crop every two days. The 500 gm package will grow one or two plants from seed to harvest, provided you don't grow them too big. By the time you flip, you'll be a convert. :snowboating:

full

Front View of the Tents

The tent on the left is 2' x 4' (60 x 120cm), and on the right it's 40" x 40" (100 x 100cm). The GDP #1 & #3 are in 3.8 gal / 11l pots, drinking about 2.25 l/day, and GDP #2 is in a 10 gal / 40l drinking about 4.5l / day. My run-off is a little low at about 5%. I've increased the nutrient solution they are getting to 2.5l and 5l per day..

Here's GDP $2, out of the tent:

full

Front View of Granddaddy Purple #2

Boy oh Boy, all this talk about MC is great. I can't wait to try it out. Thinking about putting up a small tent just to get growing while I convert my shed over. They'd probably be ready for the switch to flower about the time the shed is ready & I could start a fresh batch in the tent again. Hmmm, might have to do that.
But for now I'm going to see if there's some Auto-Pot threads. See ya later.

Hey @farside05 , I know you are up on the light meter stuff so thought I'd ask you. On the Mars Hydro TSW 2000 lights. Will a Lux Meter work or does it need to be a Quantum Board PAR Meter ? Lux Meters are about $50 where PAR Meters are about 3 times that. Never actually used either before so want to try it out.
Maybe there's a way to convert LUX to PAR ? I'm pretty sure you'll know.

Back
Top Bottom