Info on FLIR cameras

Last night a helicopter was flying fairly close to my house and was quite noisy .I guess he wasnt there for me but is there a chance he picked up my heat signature? This is the score on my room. Ive a 400 watt light. The light had been on for about 7 hours at this time. My heat is vented out of a chimney. I have a air gap in the grow room made of plasterboard,then the wall. bricks are about 4 inches wide plus the cavity,then another brick. In total about 13 to 14 inches of outer wall. temp is unknown but was not hot,just warm inside.It was not warm outside either.quite cold for May.The days are warm so have not needed to put heating on. What you reckon? Thanks for reading.

It's probably a weather helicopter collecting current weather condition data for the news team. Also, they need a warrant to scan any house with FLIR cameras. Your chance of getting busted is most likely from someone you already told, that knows your phone number, address, or someone in your social connection.

No worries.

nope,it was the pigs. It was a black chopper,small. I am 100% on that,trust me. as for warrants,the pigs dont need them here in wales,UK like they do in the US.And nobody knows either,only my cats,lol

Ah, that will be problematic. But since you are venting the heat through expected heating place, like the chimney you've mentioned should be ok. 400w HPS is not that hot comparing to 600w or 1000w. Also depending on the room temp mixing it with the heat from the light shouldn't reach higher than 95F. When the fireplace is on it can get over 300F or more. You're under the heat level. If it worries you try getting a portable AC and blow cooler air in. Since you said it is mostly warm air it will not be alarming to the pigs.

My chimney is redundant,having blocked it up years ago.My average temp is around 78,a bit hotter when its warm outside.I was more concerned with any heat signature appearing on outer wall. Thx for replying. Any more advice,comments,readers?

Back
Top Bottom