Info on hermies?

doublejointed

my last plant was female, about 3 weeks into the flowering cycle it started producing male flowers on the smaller buds close to the main stalk...now i read something back in the 80 that seeds from hermies would only produce female plants... is this true? or was the book from 1977 "the primo plant" not a reliable source

thats true. but be careful, if you plant a seed from a hermie, that seed, will hermie easier than the last.

so if she hermied due to getting light stress a few times... chances are, the seed from her will hermie due to light stress just once.

thats true. but be careful, if you plant a seed from a hermie, that seed, will hermie easier than the last.

so if she hermied due to getting light stress a few times... chances are, the seed from her will hermie due to light stress just once.

I didn't know it would hermie easier, thanks for that info. I have a whole bunch of hermie beans. But even though they have a chance, I would still take the risk because at least you know its a female if it doesn't hermie. And I always love a challenge.

indeed, i wont throw out a hermie seed, unless its a hermie seed from a plant thats already from a hermie seed.

but i also only grow 1-2 at a time, so, if i get some balls, i can normally stay ontop of it and pluck them off.

Nothing like ball ripping...sorry couldn't resist. I know a lot of guys prolly crossed their legs or got a visual from that...lol... Ok, the Queen's crown is a little crooked today because my horns are showing....

lol, yeah, not very cool. :p

one thing i can add.. of all the hermie seeds i have gone through.. (probably 40 or so.. i like to use properly bred seeds... but pop a few hermies now and then to experiment on(that sounded kind of dirty :-\) i have only had maybe 3 or 4 of those plants hermie again... and once i know for sure was due to really icy road conditions, and people knocking out the power 4 times durring my flower cycle. stressed them to hell.

lol, yeah, not very cool. :p

one thing i can add.. of all the hermie seeds i have gone through.. (probably 40 or so.. i like to use properly bred seeds... but pop a few hermies now and then to experiment on(that sounded kind of dirty :-\) i have only had maybe 3 or 4 of those plants hermie again... and once i know for sure was due to really icy road conditions, and people knocking out the power 4 times durring my flower cycle. stressed them to hell.

What? Not cool? Folks around here know me for my wicked sense of humor. I am going to do a future grow with just hermie seeds sometime in the future. I like to try out different things.

thanks for the info:thumb: i'll try and be extra careful during the flowering cycle. since i only grow 2 plants at a time it's better to get hermies than male plants. maybe someday i'll try these "properly bred seeds" it would be nice to have a variety rather than the same thing every time

thanks for the info:thumb: i'll try and be extra careful during the flowering cycle. since i only grow 2 plants at a time it's better to get hermies than male plants. maybe someday i'll try these "properly bred seeds" it would be nice to have a variety rather than the same thing every time

thats much how i started, and for that matter, still do on occasion, nothing wrong with it. you can grow some monsters out of bag/hermie seed.

What? Not cool? Folks around here know me for my wicked sense of humor. I am going to do a future grow with just hermie seeds sometime in the future. I like to try out different things.

not cool, as in, not a cool visual. :p

Back
Top Bottom