Infused oils with no euphoria

luckydux

I’ve made several different batches of infused oils and it’s yet to get to my head. My body can feel it but nothing mentally. Others love it as well. Good for some I’m sure, but I want it all!
Any other method works as expected. I’ve had many edibles, (cookies, brownies, etc), CCO will put me in space, tinctures (green dragon), or simply eating a decarbed nug.

A couple of these oils should be quite potent and I’m all but certain they’ve been decarbed so it seems I’m missing something. Any thoughts?

Add Lecithin! Made a huge difference in my infused oils. Just do a Google search on why to add lecithin to infused oils. If you are certain that your product is properly decarbed then this should make all the difference. I can tell you though that when I started making Edibles and oils I was always very careful not to overheat it or cooked too long when decarbing. That was a mistake. While you don't want to get it too hot for too long it really takes quite a bit more then most people say. I put mine in my oven at 240 degrees for 45 minutes. I hit the product while it's in the oven several times with the laser thermometer to make sure that the oven temperature is correct. By the time you were product is decarbed should be turning brown and looking half-burnt but not black. About 20 minutes into the decarbed process I also grabbed a pair of tongs and flip the product around and stir it up a bit. After decarbed then I Infuse my oil. I use 1.5 oz of good trim and Infused coconut oil and that is enough oil for two whole batches of chocolate chip cookies with some oil leftover. It is so potent that very very heavy smokers never need more than one cookie. 1/2 cookie will do for 80% of people. I add a tablespoon and a half of lecithin to my coconut oil and trim while they cook together for a few hours.

Attachments

• 20190118_000827.jpg
    20190118_000827.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 20190118_000920.jpg
    20190118_000920.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 184
Thanks for your input . I use lecithin but it makes no difference. I was given something called a firecracker a couple months ago that was the most potent thing I’ve ever eaten and he added no lecithin. That’s partly what sent me on this quest to ingest in ways other than smoking.
I’ve got a laser therm and I also bought a thermometer to test my actual oven temp. I’m at a loss

Thanks for your input . I use lecithin but it makes no difference. I was given something called a firecracker a couple months ago that was the most potent thing I’ve ever eaten and he added no lecithin. That’s partly what sent me on this quest to ingest in ways other than smoking.
I’ve got a laser therm and I also bought a thermometer to test my actual oven temp. I’m at a loss
I love making infused peanut butt graham crackers AKA (Firecrackers). I use decarbed wax for those. I don't know then man. How much bud or trim are you using per how much oil? If it's a decent amount it has to be your decarb process.

I don’t decarb at all unless material is wet, don’t use any lecithin as I felt it never helped much, and I use trim to make my butter and oil. Long simmer, low heat. :thumb:

My tolerance is extremely high, so I need very strong edibles. My wife who doesn’t smoke or use much at all will occasionally ask for some. One bite of a brownie will shoot her to the moon, while that whole avarage sized brownie piece will make me feel good all day but nothing crazy like her.

Tolerance, mental state, and environment are major factors in how one responds to each “dose” or experience in my opinion.

Yeah, I think the addition of lecithin really depends on the person eating its chemistry. Either your body absorbs it easy or it dont. Mine dont and lecithin made a huge difference for me. Now I use the magical butter machine and infused oils are stronger than ever by far and instead of low and slow, it's done in 2hrs. It says no decarb needed but I do it anyways

Mb2 is a great product for what it is. I’ve burnt out the motors on two of em. :laugh: Had never heard of lecithin until the company came out. However, mb2 is primarily designed for using flowers, speed and it’s simplicity. Longer cooking periods serve the same purpose as adding the extra fat or lecithin—exposure and binding. One can get absolutely great medibles with an MB2 and/or a crockpot. The MB2 just can’t handle the amount of trim I like to use, I don’t like adding fat to something that is already loaded with it, and using flower or concentrates as source material is not economical for me at the moment.

Mb2 is a great product for what it is. I’ve burnt out the motors on two of em. :laugh: Had never heard of lecithin until the company came out. However, mb2 is primarily designed for using flowers, speed and it’s simplicity. Longer cooking periods serve the same purpose as adding the extra fat or lecithin—exposure and binding. One can get absolutely great medibles with an MB2 and/or a crockpot. The MB2 just can’t handle the amount of trim I like to use, I don’t like adding fat to something that is already loaded with it, and using flower or concentrates as source material is not economical for me at the moment.
Yeah, I agree it's not economical to use flower or concentrates for edibles lol. I've done it several times and do like the flavor when I use concentrates but it does get expensive.

Back
Top Bottom