Ingested cannabis: Why absorbed more easily by some people than others?

Gothmog

(My spouse and I both carry medical cannabis cards, but as I see it this question is applicable to non-medical users as well, so I'm putting the thread here. If this is incorrect please accept my apologies and move it as appropriate).

I've made a batch of green dragon, which didn't turn out too badly for a first attempt, and it works great for me, but it doesn't do my wife much good at all. Last night, I made some so-called ganja tea, which in this case was simply a tablespoon of butter, a teabag from a dispensary which had already been used once, and a pot of boiling water. I also had some leftover bud from the green dragon, and I threw that in too, still wrapped up in its coffee filter. I let it steep for about an hour, and about halfway through I gave the teapot a "heat boost" by immersing it in a larger pot of near-boiling water.

My wife and I each took about four ounces of this brew before retiring. For me it worked fabulously as a sleep aid, but for her it didn't do anything. Sleeping wasn't an issue for her, but she didn't seem to feel any of the cannabis effects at all.

I don't think the green dragon worked very well for her either, which she consumed in the form of a chocolate chip cookie dosed with about 1cc of dragon. Although, on that occasion it was difficult to tell because we'd both smoked a little that day also.

Is it a physiological difference, perhaps related to body fat? Men do have less in general, and I have way less than average for my age.

I believe it has more to do with the chemistry of our bodies. Just like some people are opiate intolerant and for others it works fine. Blood pressure meds are the same way, some work on people and some don't.

Do either of you take a magnesium supplement? I take 1000 mg of magnesium on the days I eat it & it totally boosts the effects. Thanks to whoever posted about that on here somewhere. I am only on edibles. Now today I ate quite a bit of hard candy & should have been on the floor zoned out but I was on a level high pretty much all day. I have some caramel corn which is quite strong, usually a few pieces is plenty! I am 5'2, 135 lbs so I guess we all have a different tolerance to the effects. I know if I have a migraine I can tolerate quite a bit of edibles as well.

Back
Top Bottom