Ingesting vs inhaling

Starlytia

Ok I'm really new to the marijuana world again, it's been 15 years and things have really changed. I get really anxious when I smoke cannabis but it helps so much fir the pain. I have hallucinations, my heart races, I feel out of control, and weird. I have never ingested cannabis before but I'm actually afraid because what if I hate it and then I'm stuck really high for like 8 hours? I hate feeling out if control. Any suggestions? Will this ever pass? I really want to enjoy my OMMP card but I need to realistically get over the panic/anxiety attacks. What's the difference other than body high and more THC when ingesting? I heard that ingesting helps you relax more? So I'm really confused and feel like something is wrong with me and I'm embarrassed because I can only take one hit and I'm super baked. If anyone has any suggestions, please help me!! Thank you:roorrip::bong:

Starlytia,

What strains of Cannabis have you been using? I personally find that Sativas will do similar things to me in terms of promoting anxiety and fear. I have had far better luck with Indicas and would advise you to try an Indica strain or two.

As far as ingesting, the best advice I can give is to start small and build up. Eat a small bit of your confection, then give it a min 45min-1hour before even considering any more.

When you ingest Cannabis, you can make yourself really unhappy and freaked out by overdoing it. Unlike smoking, the high doesn't stop building when Cannabis is ingested. This can be good or very, very bad. If you overdo it, you're in it for hours at best. My best advice is being careful, and trying it for the first time with a strain you can smoke successfully.

As for your tolerance, it's all good. Everyone starts 'small' and builds up over time. If you haven't smoked in 15 years, whatever tolerance you had is long gone...but can be rebuilt. Best of luck to you!

That's all I do smoke is the indica kind, I would not even consider stativa because I know it will make the anxiety way worse. I'm just wondering about ingesting because I have been told it would be great for my pain management. I really want to try it and I have been given samples of suckers, cookies and oil caps to try but since I have never ingested before I don't know what to expect and it takes so little to get me high now. My tolerance is so low. And I definitely don't want to over do it or I'll never do it again. Does that make sense? ;)

Hmm. How many Indica strains have you tried? Do you know if they were heavy (70+%) Indica or a 'lighter' hybrid? Strange.

It is possible that your body simply responds to Cannabis differently than most. Where most are calmed and 'couch-locked' by Indicas, you might experience a Sativa-like effect instead and be better off trying a small smount of actual Sativa. This is exactly backwards from the norm, but I have heard of it. Never met anyone who responds this way, though. Anyone else able to chime in?

On the ingestion side, I think your best bet is something really small. Maybe 1-2 drops of tincture, 1/2 or less of a cookie/brownie, etc. If you start small, you may find you can get the pain relief you seek at a low enough dosage you don't have to worry about the anxiety. We can always hope... :goodluck:

Oh! Something else to consider: look for strains with high CBD and low THC percentages. CBD sems to play a large part in pain relief and I understand there's evidence it actually modulates the 'high' you get from THC. From the sound of it, that THC high is what's getting you. If you can find a high CBD strain, I think it'd be worth trying. Anyone else? Input?

Yeah that's the first thing I have requested when I go to the "cafe's" I actually read about the CBD after hearing about it on TLC when they did a day of marijuana program. Thank you though, I appreciate that you are trying to help:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom