InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet cfl's

Update 1 of 2

Ok, here is an update (post 1 of 2)...

First off, today I ended up having to do things I needed to do (work on a vehicle), rather than things I wanted to do (work on the grow room). Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Second... The other adult plant showed its sex, it was a male and so I murdered him. =)

maleFlower.JPG

chopTheMale.JPG

Here are some pics of the male plant's root mass.
Experts, how do they look?
rootMass-01.JPG

rootMass-02.JPG

rootMass-03.JPG

rootMass-04.JPG

rootMass-05.JPG

In the pics below you'll see it looks like the taproot was stunted by the jiffy cube's mesh stuff. I don't usually use jiffy cubes, I just used one this time because I was germing some other garden plants and had two cubes left and wanted to see if the seeds from this batch were viable.
rootMass-06.JPG

rootMass-07.JPG

rootMass-08.JPG

Update 2 of 2

Here's post 2 of today's update...

Today, I watered and fed the baby seedlings.

babies001.JPG

Here is the female's developing flowers, pic was taken today.

femaleFlower001.JPG

Here is the female in the temporary grow room, also fed and watered her today.

femaleInTempRoom-01.JPG

femaleInTempRoom-02.JPG

Tomorrow I'll be working on the new grow room, come hell or high water. :grinjoint: I need to get this girl settled in so she can focus on the job she has to do. ;)

Update - new grow closet construction progress

Ok, I just finished sealing the grow cabinet with calk. Now to go mow the yard while I wait on it to dry. Should be dry in 2 hours, then painting the room flat white and installing hooks for the lights...

growcabinetcalked.jpg

Unknown Stem Problem - Please Help!

There is a problem with the stems and I have not a clue.
Experts please help!

The details and more pics can be found in this post, here.

here's a pic of the male plant i cut down, female has same problem but not as bad...
stemRotMale-04.JPG

more pics here

Does anyone know what this is, and what causes it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
:thanks:

Grow room update

First coat of paint is done. I'm using white Kilz 2 Latex. Second coat goes on tomorrow and then mounting the lights.

growRoomPainted-01.JPG

growRoomPainted-02.JPG

...Damn, it's already 5am! I'm smoking a bowl and going to bed, good thing I don't have to be at work until noon tomorrow. ;)

Today's Update

Second coat of paint is done and dried... Looks like it needs a third coat on some of the bare wood, have to do that tomorrow. I'm really ready to have this room done so I can get to the fun part! I've taken the day off tomorrow so I can finish it! Can't wait to move my babies it there.

Oh and I noticed today that the seedlings are starting yellow on their lower leaves and look a little burned, looks like I may have nute burned 'em or something. Only gave them water today. Pretty sure I need to go ahead and transplant them. I'll post pics tomorrow, it's 2am and I'm smoking a bowl and going to bed, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. :smokin:

Nute burn?

Looks like nute burn to me, anybody with more experience think so, or not so? :smokin:
I plan to flush with ph corrected purified water tomorrow (when I get my hands on some ph test strips).
Looking for a ph of around 6.3 to 6.5 (right ?)

here are pics of the seedlings, taken moments ago...

nuteBurnSeedlings-01.JPG

nuteBurnSeedlings-02.JPG

Saw a couple of fungus gnats buzzing around so I broke out the sticky trap.
nuteBurnSeedlings-03.JPG

I think it's time to transplant as well... :ganjamon:

Update

Flushing seedlings now...

Remind me never use these effin jiffy pot tray things again! ;)

seedlingsFlush.jpg

Had to work yesterday after all... ah well, money. Grow room is being worked on more tonight (finally ;) ).

Re: InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet c

Seedlings have been flushed and trimmed, they look much better now... :grinjoint:

seedlingsAfterTrim.jpg

The female flowering plant is looking good with lots of budsites. I took some pics but they didn't turn out, so I'll have to take some more here in a bit.

Re: InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet c

I'm going to transplant the seedlings within the next week. I'm doing an experiment to see if I can stunt their growth a little by keeping them in a small container early on. I want to have short plants regardless of what strains I chose to grow in the future. I want to find out if this will stunt their growth at all without stressing them. The idea is to have a mini-sea of green, if you will... I think having small plants will help get the most out of the cfl's. Large plants grown with cfl's are usually very stemy and, in this case, stem is a waste of grow space.

I'm still considering using LST to keep plants at the right height. I really like LST, but there is a bit more time and effort involved with it and, with this method I'm going for quick, easy, low maintenance, and consistent.

There is a gap between the back wall and the shelves to allow for some air flow.
:grinjoint:

Maybe I missed it, but have you or anyone else addressed the issue of light from your veg shelf messing with your flowering shelf due to this gap?

Pics from my first grow...

I promised to post pics of my first real grow earlier in this thread...

Even better, [thread=97840]I posted a journal here[/thread].

:eek:fftopic:

Ok, now back to this grow... ;)

:focus:

Maybe I missed it, but have you or anyone else addressed the issue of light from your veg shelf messing with your flowering shelf due to this gap?

I'm glad you asked. ;)

Yes, the shelf between the veg and flower room will be solid and sealed light-tight. Air will be moved through a 4" hole in the shelf via a 4" dryer duct positioned in an sideways 'S' shape (if that makes sense.)

I'll post some pics in the morning, it's 2:25am, time to smoke a bowl or two and crash out...

:roorrip:

Got lights, etc.

Ok, I just got back from the home improvement store.

I bought...
(5) Electrical Outlet to Light Socket converter @ $2 ea.
(6) "Y" Light Sockets @ $2.50 ea.
(4) Extension Cords @ $1 ea.
(2) CFL 23 watt 5500k (the closest to 6500k they had) @ $7.50 for 2
(5) CFL 23 watt 2700k @ $8 for 5
(1) Tube of calk @ $1.50
(1) Light Timer @ $5

After tax, I ended up spending around $40-$45.

The good news is, the only thing I need now is more grow medium, some containers, and some more ph test strips and I should be set. Hopefully will end up being only $60 - $80 over budget. :grinjoint:

Smoke break...

:ganjamon:
I'm taking a smoke break...

Finally getting a chance to work on the closet tonight. I've got all the light hooks installed, and now I just need to paint the removable shelves and paint bare wood that is supporting the hooks, then rig the fan, lights and power strip and it'll be ready for the plants!

pics to follow shortly...

Grow room almost done!

Welly, welly, welly, my droogies!
(lol, sorry... for some reason, I get really stoned when I smoke first thing in the morning :grinjoint: )

The grow goom is almost done and I'm pretty effin excited!
I was actually able to take the day off today to finish it, boosh! :slide:
Also today, pics of the flowering female as promised, stay tuned. ;)

Back
Top Bottom